Author Topic: I think Justice Breyer might soon have an "accident"  (Read 944 times)

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
I think Justice Breyer might soon have an "accident"
« on: July 15, 2021, 12:21:52 PM »
mahatmakanejeeves (37,325 posts)

Exclusive: Stephen Breyer says he hasn't decided his retirement plans and is happy as ...
Source: CNN

Exclusive: Stephen Breyer says he hasn't decided his retirement plans and is happy as the Supreme Court's top liberal

By Joan Biskupic, CNN legal analyst & Supreme Court biographer

Updated 6:46 AM ET, Thu July 15, 2021

Plainfield, New Hampshire (CNN) -- Justice Stephen Breyer has not decided when he will retire and is especially gratified with his new role as the senior liberal on the bench, he told CNN in an exclusive interview -- his first public comments amid the incessant speculation of a Supreme Court vacancy.

Far from Washington and the pressures of the recently completed session and chatter over his possible retirement, Breyer, a 27-year veteran of the high court, said Wednesday that two factors will be overriding in his decision.

"Primarily, of course, health," said Breyer, who will turn 83 in August. "Second, the court."

{snip}

Read more: https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/15/politics/stephen-breyer-retirement-plans/index.html

Look how many DUmmies insist that he retire...

BlueStater (7,499 posts)
14. When many people here were pressuring RBG to retire, they were attacked as being ageist.

Well, she died and now we’ll be stuck with Amy Coney Barrett for the next 40 years.

It’s not ageism, it’s reality. When people get to be 80 or older, they can die or get seriously ill suddenly with little to no warning.

Breyer had a great run, but he has seen firsthand how ruthless and despicable the Republican Party has become. He can’t just assume his health will hold up for the next couple of years or so. For the good of the country, he needs to step down before those assholes obtain any sort of real power again.

Sounds like a threat to me. I hope Breyer has eyes in the back of his head.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline Mary Ann

Re: I think Justice Breyer might soon have an "accident"
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2021, 12:37:42 PM »
Breyer had a great run, but he has seen firsthand how ruthless and despicable the Republican Party has become. He can’t just assume his health will hold up for the next couple of years or so. For the good of the country, he needs to step down before those assholes obtain any sort of real power again.
So, denying Merrick Garland a hearing was "ruthless and despicable???" He had a pretty easy time of it, considering the character assassination that Kavanaugh and Thomas had to endure. Not to mention Judge Bork.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2021, 12:45:15 PM »
Look how many DUmmies insist that he retire...

Sounds like a threat to me. I hope Breyer has eyes in the back of his head.

Statements by dems are full of thinly-veiled threats. When they admonish others about how history will view them, they mean "We intend to win, we will do whatever that takes, and we will write history with you as the bad guy."
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 01:10:23 PM by ADsOutburst »

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2021, 12:59:04 PM »
Did Breyer PO HilLIARy? :rimshot:  :-)
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2021, 02:31:45 PM »
Just hang in there for 4 years, srevie baby.  The next prez will no doubt be Republican - probably Trump.

You can then start to post videos of your workout and stuff to prove how young you are, just like rbg did.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2021, 03:03:13 PM »
Just hang in there for 4 years, srevie baby.  The next prez will no doubt be Republican - probably Trump.

You can then start to post videos of your workout and stuff to prove how young you are, just like rbg did.

The ONLY good thing that could come from Biden getting to replace a Justice would be the litany of idiots that DU would suggest, as they always do.

Michelle 0bama!
AOC!
Joy Reid!
This black lawyer I used to know!
Maya Angelou, even if she is dead!
Beyonce!

and so forth.

NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2021, 03:10:47 PM »
Does anyone else sense a Fort Marcy Park/Vince Foster incident coming?
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2021, 03:57:23 PM »
Exclusive: Stephen Breyer says he hasn't decided his retirement plans and is happy as the Supreme Court's top liberal

part of me thinks Breyer is doing this just to **** with the DUmmies  :fuelfire:
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2021, 04:46:36 PM »
The ONLY good thing that could come from Biden getting to replace a Justice would be the litany of idiots that DU would suggest, as they always do.

Michelle 0bama!
AOC!
Joy Reid!
This black lawyer I used to know!
Maya Angelou, even if she is dead!
Beyonce!

and so forth.

That is like having unprotected sex when you are single.  A few moments of pleasure costs  a lifetime of support (financially only of course).
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2021, 06:06:46 PM »
Does anyone else sense a Fort Marcy Park/Vince Foster incident coming?

[Hoarse Voice] Nothing personal, we just want to get someone younger while Joe's in the White House! [/Hoarse Voice]
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2021, 06:28:04 PM »
Power to a Lefty is dangerous even to their own side. Following in the steps of fraud and corruption is murder.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2021, 06:28:53 PM »
[Hoarse Voice] Nothing personal, we just want to get someone younger while Joe's in the White House! [/Hoarse Voice]

Stacey Abrams on SCOTUS now!!!

Offline Ferrance

• Signing the Blue State Blues
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2021, 06:29:27 PM »
BlueStater (7,499 posts)
14. When many people here were pressuring RBG to retire, they were attacked as being ageist.

Well, she died and now we’ll be stuck with Amy Coney Barrett for the next 40 years.
Oops  :-)
The Democratic party is longest running racist organization in the country. Going strong for over 200 years.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2021, 06:31:04 PM »
Stacey Abrams on SCOTUS now!!!
That woman is a heart attack waiting to happen.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2021, 06:33:49 PM »
That woman is a heart attack waiting to happen.
And that's a problem because...?

Police lives matter.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Delmar

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2021, 06:38:23 PM »
Response to mahatmakanejeeves (Original post)Thu Jul 15, 2021, 12:04 PM
Star Member JohnnyRingo (16,160 posts)
18. There are no liberals on the Supreme Court

and I hate when they define them as such.

Some are less conservative than others, but no one rises to the level of qualifying federal judge being a tree hugging feed the poor working class hero liberal.

Having said that, Breyer should retire soon enough to avoid the risk of a potential senate minority trying to appoint a replacement after the 2022 midterm. He can leave and take care of the Breyer family ice cream company.

Wrong Breyer? Then he can go home and spend his remaining days watching Wheel Of Fortune and eating Ben and Jerrys like other "liberals" his age.

There is no immediate need for Breyer to retire--not for the next three years or so, anyway.  Thurgood Marshall sat in his office and watched soap operas all day and let his clerks do all the work during his final years on the court and the country survived. 
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2021, 09:08:38 PM »
And that's a problem because...?

Don't fat shame her!!!! :panic: :panic: :panic:

:-)

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2021, 09:23:39 PM »
Don't fat shame her!!!! :panic: :panic: :panic:

:-)
oh, she does a great job shaming herself.  She don't need any help in that department.

Police lives matter.