Author Topic: Conservative radio host Larry Elder joins Gavin Newsom recall race  (Read 462 times)

Offline DLR Pyro

Conservative radio host Larry Elder joins Gavin Newsom recall race: 'We've got a state to save'

Conservative radio host Larry Elder is throwing his hat in the ring for California’s gubernatorial race, citing his name recognition and history of communicating with residents as a signifier of his ability to defeat Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom in September.

During an appearance on "Fox & Friends," Elder slammed Newsom for his restrictive coronavirus mandates, which he subsequently violated during a dinner at the exclusive French Laundry restaurant to the outrage of many.

"Gavin Newsom has been smug in mandating all these coronavirus restrictions—the most severe restrictions in the whole country—while he violated them," Elder said.

Elder also blasted Newsom for what he described as the "deterioration" of K-12 learning in public schools and said school choice would be one of his major agenda items going forward. 

"75% of Black kids in California cannot read at state-level proficiency. 50% of all kids in California in public schools cannot read at state-level proficiency—yet the teacher’s union is [Newsom’s] biggest contributor and they hate, hate, hate school choice," asserted Elder.

"Well, I support, support, support school choice.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/larry-elder-gavin-newsom-recall

he's got my vote
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Mr Mannn

Re: Conservative radio host Larry Elder joins Gavin Newsom recall race
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2021, 05:37:09 PM »
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/larry-elder-gavin-newsom-recall

he's got my vote
Commentator/eloquent communication skills
Good at debate...better than most politicians.
Given a chance to speak he will lay waste to the opposition. No one can talk like this guy.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: Conservative radio host Larry Elder joins Gavin Newsom recall race
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2021, 11:39:49 AM »
Commentator/eloquent communication skills
Good at debate...better than most politicians.
Given a chance to speak he will lay waste to the opposition. No one can talk like this guy.

Agree completely. He's the one who pretty much got Dave Rubin to climb off his leftist horse and get on the capitalist train. Pretty stunning interview (2-3 years old now), and Dave, to his credit, is very forthcoming about Elder's accurate, convincing arguments.

Unfortunately, I think Larry is pissing in the wind. Commiefornia's too far gone. It'll take several Larry Elders, over time - perhaps even decades - to convince those Commiefornians who still reside in that political hellhole that there is an alternative to high taxes, homelessness under every bridge, human shitpiles in San Fransicko, and the ubiquitous used drug needles intermixed with said shitpiles.

Go ahead. Convince me I'm wrong.  :stoner:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.