Author Topic: 3 reasons fighting Repugs is so difficult  (Read 424 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
3 reasons fighting Repugs is so difficult
« on: July 12, 2021, 10:53:31 PM »
liberalmediaaddict (175 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215617651

They dominate the courts, news media and corporate money. That's why we're always fighting an uphill battle against these theocratic oligarchs even when we win elections.

They've got unlimited financial resouces to file endless lawsuits, have stacked the judiciary with unqualified right wing ideologues and have a 24 hour cable news network that lies without fear of any consequences.

It's beyond frustrating. And unless we expand the Supreme Court and reverse some of the worst rulings by the conservative justices I don't know how the country is ever going to progress past the 1960s We could pass a voting rights bill tomorrow only to have the Roberts court immediately overturn it.

Citizens United, Shelby vs Ferguson and the repeal of the Fairness Doctrine are big reasons our democracy is constantly being undermined.

:whatever:

Star Member msongs (60,495 posts)

1. add the saboteurs to the list nt

Star Member tanyev (35,037 posts)

2. Basically they care not one whit about governing the county in a responsible and competent manner. They only care about power. Nearly everything they do is to stay in, regain, or increase power, with little regard for the consequences. The Democrats have to try and fix the messes Republicans have made while simultaneously fending off even more of their rabid attacks.

:mental:

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DUmpsterDiver

Re: 3 reasons fighting Repugs is so difficult
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2021, 11:09:03 PM »
The anti-left prevails because they love America more than the filthy leftist scum.  ESAD.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2021, 08:42:01 AM »
Pathetic LPC Noob trolling for DUmp Cred.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2021, 09:26:55 AM »

I'm guessing this DUmmy claims that there is no liberal media bias....
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2021, 09:42:39 AM »

They dominate the courts, news media and corporate money. That's why we're always fighting an uphill battle against these theocratic oligarchs even when we win elections.

They've got unlimited financial resouces to file endless lawsuits, have stacked the judiciary with unqualified right wing ideologues and have a 24 hour cable news network that lies without fear of any consequences.

It's beyond frustrating. And unless we expand the Supreme Court and reverse some of the worst rulings by the conservative justices I don't know how the country is ever going to progress past the 1960s We could pass a voting rights bill tomorrow only to have the Roberts court immediately overturn it.

Citizens United, Shelby vs Ferguson and the repeal of the Fairness Doctrine are big reasons our democracy is constantly being undermined.

DU turns reality on its head, exhibit 95,875,984,475,845,065,883.

Yeah, so, um, republicans don't dominate news media, and democrats have plenty of funding and wealthy donors. What's that? You want the money out of politics? Madame Runner-up tried to buy the government, and failed. Michael Bloomberg tried to buy the governement, and failed. Democrats have several media outlets that lie without fear of consequences. You fight an uphill battle against the citizenry, because we hate your politics. You struggle even when you win elections because you don't win enough of them to have an actual mandate.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2021, 01:47:51 PM »
Quote from:
tanyev

The Democrats have to try and fix the messes Republicans have made while simultaneously fending off even more of their rabid attacks.

Odd that when Dems “try and fix” things, the things always get worse.

These dolts just won an election and they’re already crying about the next and the future outlook. They can’t be happy unless they’re sad.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2021, 01:53:53 PM »
Odd that when Dems “try and fix” things, the things always get worse.

These dolts just won an election and they’re already crying about the next and the future outlook. They can’t be happy unless they’re sad.

Don't try to make sense of it. That will only make you as insane as the Dim'Rats are...
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2021, 05:31:11 PM »

1. we are stupid
2. We are lazy
3. We are just LOSERS!!!

:loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!