Author Topic: I have 4 more years to teach  (Read 313 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
I have 4 more years to teach
« on: July 12, 2021, 10:24:42 PM »
Star Member demtenjeep (30,721 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215617088

I have 4 more years to teach
I can go in 2 if I really need to.

I am and always have been a member of the Union.

I will teach the truth

:rotf:

Star Member ProfessorGAC (48,948 posts)

2. Hang In There!

What subject?
I sub since I retired, but I almost exclusively do science & math. Exception is the middle school here in town. It's 4 blocks from our house.
Grades 6-12.
My wife was a SpecEd in-classroom social worker/co-teacher for 30 years.
She left when the back problems got too bad to continue.

5. Social Studies

American History.

I took a 2 year detail with PBS-ED ODID -the biters, hitters, the screamers, the throw aways that no one else wants.

I loved it and them but my heart couldn't take it so I went back to just SS my first passion.

:loser:

Star Member albacore (1,122 posts)

7. I taught American History to HS seniors for 30 years...

I left out some important stuff... because it wasn't in the pre-Internet knowledge base... but I always was straight with the kids about our past. I had some parents object, but I had the facts to back my position.
Of course, this was a rich, suburban school with educated parents. I had it easy.

Today.... I have NO idea how I would teach, since facts seem irrelevant to about 30% of the population.

My hat is off to you. We need you in the trenches, but for your own sake, GTFO while you have your sanity.

:yawn:

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Aristotelian

Re: I have 4 more years to teach
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2021, 05:36:01 AM »

5. Social Studies

American History.

I took a 2 year detail with PBS-ED ODID -the biters, hitters, the screamers, the throw aways that no one else wants.

I loved it and them but my heart couldn't take it so I went back to just SS my first passion.

When I first read this, I assumed 'S.S.' stood for social security...there's something else it could also stand for, of course.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2021, 08:40:16 AM »
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2021, 09:11:05 AM »
Knowing how bleeping lazy many DUpipo are, that probably means Pam is 58. Given how poorly she and hubby seem to manage their $$, I wonder if she realizes that her plan to retire and go on SS at age 62 (my guess) means her SS money will be reduced.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.