Author Topic: DUmmies lament the devastating power of a single television channel  (Read 488 times)

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
Star Member berniesandersmittens (10,235 posts)

Fox "news" has destroyed my family no it hasn't - you're just butthurt

I had a conversation with my grandparents today.
They told me Ashley Babbit was shot while talking on her cell phone.

They believe the election was stolen, so the January 6th terrorists were justified. And since there were no guns, it was all peachy keen.

When I mentioned the police who were beaten by the terrorist my grandmother said " that didn't happen"

I come from a strong Democratic family. families don't have political bents, you Trotskyist scum  I was raised by these very same people that Republicans were terrible, corrupt, and liars.

My first presidential vote was for Al Gore.

In the last 10 years, the patriarch and matriarch of the family became housebound. Fox news is on 247 at their house.

I love these people. Disinformation and lies have brain washed them.

I hate fox and I hate the divide they have caused within my family.  The only divide is probably your butt cheeks, moron

Here's a thought: Fox isn't destroying ANYTHING - you guys just want to control what your family consumes

There are almost 100 replies to this steaming stack of monkey loaf, each lamenting that a television channel they don't like is freely consumed by people close to them, whom they would like to control.

Their solution, of course, is to force their "loved" ones to watch MSNBC and CNN instead, so they get the "truth," or at least would be fed Dem talking points from people who are acceptably BIPOCJHFF or LGBTQWEXM or whatever.

Star Member Dream Girl (4,543 posts)
3. I wonder if there's any way they can be held accountable.

You're in luck, "Dream Girl," I checked with a couple of Stalinists sitting outside a 7-11 and they say YES. Just boycott Fox and they'll be toast in no time.

FM123 (9,002 posts)
8. I am so sorry for what you have been going through with your family.

I remember reading an article from a few years back about this kind of thing happening more and more...
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/04/i-gathered-stories-of-people-transformed-by-fox-news.html

I think you mean DEPROGRAMMED from decades of NEA influence and 60's burnout college professors.

Dreampuff (503 posts)
25. I'm so sorry.

I know what you were saying about fox. We also have relatives who just don't seem to get it and they listen to that rhetoric day after day.

My theory is still that we need to bring back the fairness Doctrine. I would hope it would take care of this huge division caused by lies.

Remember to add Newsmax and OAN to that list. I lost a long time friend who was addicted to oan and neither of us could take it anymore. Many, many years down the drain, unfortunately.

The Fairness Doctrine would likely create MORE right-leaning news sources, not fewer. "Fair" does not mean "what you like."

I really don't see the big deal, anyway: the median age on DU appears to be about 65. Half of them are about to croak, anyway.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline ADsOutburst

Re: DUmmies lament the devastating power of a single television channel
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2021, 11:07:21 AM »
Where is the self-awareness in DU topics like these?

We could write a book write volumes have a college major in devote an entire lifetime to studying how left-leaning news has divided the country, deceived voters, and just generally been a menace.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2021, 11:15:16 AM »
The mask hits the ground

Response to MarineCombatEngineer (Reply #83)

Mon Jul 12, 2021, 09:55 AM

Dukkha (7,177 posts)
93. not even remotely realistic

When people are given freedom of choice they will always make the wrong choice. Always.

It's not about choosing to turn it off it's about stopping the propaganda from indoctrinating people who leave it on 24/7.

ESAD

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2021, 11:15:45 AM »
Where is the self-awareness in DU topics like these?

We could write a book write volumes have a college major in devote an entire lifetime to studying how left-leaning news has divided the country, deceived voters, and just generally been a menace.

CNN just did a long segment on self-awareness. Dan Rather made some good points, as did Al Sharpton and Olbermann.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2021, 12:10:01 PM »
I wonder what would happen if the word "hate" was banned from du?
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2021, 03:29:16 PM »
grandparents? "berniesandersmittens/backtoblue" is 41 years old, and these two are her parents:

https://clustrmaps.com/person/Rylee-43dujb
https://clustrmaps.com/person/Rylee-43dtee

they are both in their late 70s, Jenny-poo

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2021, 04:08:42 PM »
Lefty has never truly embraced Freedom of the Press, or free thought for that matter.
Lefty has no plans for freedom in this nation. We must all OBEY or Lefty will get violent.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2021, 05:21:13 PM »
tirebiter (1,762 posts)

27. Use the channel control to nlock Fox News.

Don’t announce it or ask permission. It’ll be our secret.

Croney (3,232 posts)

13. I can relate. In the dead of night, I snuck into the TV room

of elderly relatives and used parental controls to block Faux News. But when I flipped through channels to where it had been, the screen announced in all-caps that the station was blocked by parental controls.

So I put it back. The best I could do was switch the default channel from Faux to CNN -- so every time the TV is turned on, it starts on CNN. They never noticed to this day, and I've never seen them look for Faux when I'm there.

ShazzieB (2,267 posts)

38. I'm actually glad my parents died before Fux Noise had a chance to steal their brains.

When my dad died in 1988, Fux Noise didn't exist yet. They were just getting started the year my mom passed away (1996). I am so glad neither of them were exposed to it, and I shudder to think what effects it might have had on them, especially my mom.

My sister is a "born again" Christian, and as such, leans politically conservative. There aren't many things we see eye to eye on.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2021, 05:28:05 PM »
grandparents? "berniesandersmittens/backtoblue" is 41 years old, and these two are her parents:

https://clustrmaps.com/person/Rylee-43dujb
https://clustrmaps.com/person/Rylee-43dtee

they are both in their late 70s, Jenny-poo

A DUmmy stretching the truth? Say it ain't so. 
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline Ferrance

• Signing the Blue State Blues
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2021, 07:01:03 PM »
Evolve Dammit (5,983 posts)
60. Two different realities. Both think they are the real patriots. One fact-based, the other delusional
One delusional. You got that right. Russia-gate, Men are women and vice-versa, BLM protests are "mostly peaceful", CRT is just history, AOC is smart, and we're all gonna die from either Covid, climate change or both just off the top of my head   :mental:
The Democratic party is longest running racist organization in the country. Going strong for over 200 years.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2021, 08:20:37 PM »
tirebiter (1,762 posts)

27. Use the channel control to nlock Fox News.

Don’t announce it or ask permission. It’ll be our secret.

Walrus junior?
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2021, 09:09:23 PM »
Can't argue using facts? Shoot the messenger - ad hominem attacks or censorship.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.