Author Topic: We are supposed to believe Pam sold her condo in less than two weeks  (Read 749 times)

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
Star Member demtenjeep (30,707 posts)

We are moving-we sold our condo and are moving to a different stronger place .Surfside frightened me
I convinced hubby that we don't need to be in a multi story building

after having him watch some of the footage and the fact that almost 2 weeks later many still haven't been recovered

Now though-we are packing and packing and I have forgotten how hard it is to move

UGH

This story has the distinctive aroma of bullshit, but knowing Pam, it's probably her shit.

NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Re: We are supposed to believe Pam sold her condo in less than two weeks
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2021, 05:24:31 PM »
Well, I have no idea how it works in Kansas, but I can tell you unless you found someone here in Texas with cash money to close you aren’t doing it in 2 weeks. Not to mention the few days it would have taken to make the decision to sell.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2021, 05:30:58 PM »
Well, I have no idea how it works in Kansas, but I can tell you unless you found someone here in Texas with cash money to close you aren’t doing it in 2 weeks. Not to mention the few days it would have taken to make the decision to sell.

KC

It takes at least that long to get escrow moving, even with a cash deal. Oh well. Just thought it was amusing.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2021, 05:36:36 PM »
The condo association approved of a buyer in less than 2 weeks? 🤔
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2021, 05:59:36 PM »
The condo association approved of a buyer in less than 2 weeks? 🤔

Perhaps the prospect of her moving out was motivational.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2021, 06:29:45 PM »

Well, remember the strong primitive propensity to self-delude, believing something's already happened before it's begun to happen.  That was a predominant psychological characteristic of WilliamPitt, the Bostonian Drunkard.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2021, 07:22:12 PM »
By the way, how is dumb ass Pam, going to know if anyplace is ‘stronger’ than where she is?

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2021, 09:20:43 PM »
Wait just a cotton picking minute here.  I've been to Wichita plenty of times.  Can't imagine there is a condo building taller than 10 stories.  And they aren't within a 500 yard distance from the ocean.

Unless Poopy Pants moved to somewhere seaside (which doesn't exist in the middle of BFE Kansas), she's completely fabricating yet another bouncy tale.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2021, 09:25:21 PM »
OK, perhaps some sanity at the DUmp with these responses to Poopy:

BannonsLiver (12,439 posts)

20. Makes me wonder if our culture of fear mongering on DU played a role in the decision

Treefrog (1,788 posts)

28. Certainly a wonderment. Indeed.

JI7 (84,689 posts)

39. You live in a similar place with similar high rise building ?

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2021, 08:06:04 AM »
Wait just a cotton picking minute here.  I've been to Wichita plenty of times.  Can't imagine there is a condo building taller than 10 stories.  And they aren't within a 500 yard distance from the ocean.

Unless Poopy Pants moved to somewhere seaside (which doesn't exist in the middle of BFE Kansas), she's completely fabricating yet another bouncy tale.

The one major earthquake fault I know of that is sort of in that area is the New Madrid Fault, and it's along the Mississippi River, not the Missouri River. IOW, Wichita might feel a magnitude 5 or above, but a magnitude 10 might do little or no damage in Wichita.

My WAG is that this move has been long in the planning and the sale process started much earlier that 2 weeks ago. I think dtj fabricated the reason for the move for DUmp Cred/Sympathy. dtj and hubby seem to be rather profligate in their $$ management. I wonder if selling their condo was to get out of a financial hole - perhaps mortgage payments and taxes not paid?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2021, 08:31:50 AM »
The one major earthquake fault I know of that is sort of in that area is the New Madrid Fault, and it's along the Mississippi River, not the Missouri River. IOW, Wichita might feel a magnitude 5 or above, but a magnitude 10 might do little or no damage in Wichita.

You made me look this up:

The largest documented earthquake in Kansas struck in 1867 near Wamego and Manhattan and was estimated to have had a magnitude (M) of 5.0 to 5.5. Because that quake occurred before the advent of seismometers, its size could only be estimated based on damage and eyewitness accounts, which noted ringing church bells, tumbling chimneys, and cracked foundations among other incidents. The Nemaha Uplift—a 300-million-year-old buried mountain range that crosses Kansas diagonally—and adjacent Humboldt Fault Zone to the east coincide with the epicenter of the 1867 earthquake and other historic seismic events.

The largest Kansas earthquake in recent years was a M 4.9 event in 2014 that was thought to have been caused by induced seismicity. The epicenter was in Sumner County near Milan, where some buildings suffered minor damage.

At least 31 felt earthquakes in Kansas were documented in newspaper accounts and other sources between 1867 and 1976. A few of the later ones were also recorded with seismic equipment. Between 1977 and 1989, the KGS monitored a temporary network of seismometers throughout the state to study earthquakes and identify seismic risk. The equipment recorded more than 200 earthquakes during that time, ranging from M 0.8 to M 4.

The Kansas Earthquakes page on the KGS website includes a continuously updated interactive map that shows where earthquakes have occurred in the state since 2015. Data for each event are provided. Spreadsheets listing historic Kansas felt reports and historic Kansas recorded earthquakes also can be accessed there.

https://geokansas.ku.edu/seismic-activity-kansas

And you're correct about that New Madrid fault.  IIRC, some of Missouri folks probably posted about the last little rumbling that that fault produced.  Which in comparison to the fault lines in California are just MoPaul's chicken feed.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2021, 08:34:33 AM »

My WAG is that this move has been long in the planning and the sale process started much earlier that 2 weeks ago. I think dtj fabricated the reason for the move for DUmp Cred/Sympathy. dtj and hubby seem to be rather profligate in their $$ management. I wonder if selling their condo was to get out of a financial hole - perhaps mortgage payments and taxes not paid?

If it's truly a condo, they could be way behind in maintenance fees due the condo association.

I also wondered if maybe they're in some type of assisted living facility since she's always complaining about her health, and possibly they are being asked to leave due to fraud.

KC

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2021, 09:07:37 AM »
The New Madrid Fault has probably produced the greatest magnitude quakes in the continental US (1811 and 1812, pre-seismometers). But the San Andreas Fault system is a bit more active. The geology of the eastern US apparently is sufficiently unbroken that major New Madrid quakes have been felt in Boston. OTOH, the San Andreas system has enough sub-faults that the effects of a major quake get attenuated by the faults east or west of the epicenter, limiting the extent of areas of damage.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2021, 11:19:42 AM »
    Perhaps the prospect of her moving out was motivational.

It was a fast track approval to get rid of the building hemmorohid. :-)
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2021, 02:20:26 PM »
Well, remember the strong primitive propensity to self-delude, believing something's already happened before it's begun to happen.  That was a predominant psychological characteristic of WilliamPitt, the Bostonian Drunkard.

On another thread I was discussing my personal favorite: TiT.  Miss that guy.  Made Cliff Claven look like a piker.

Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2021, 02:32:39 PM »

KC

you can sell it in an hour, but closing on the deal is a different story.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!