Author Topic: Giving the government money keeps the temperature at 72 degrees. Just ask DU.  (Read 609 times)

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
Star Member DanieRains (3,163 posts)

Either We Tax Carbon Or We Perish

It isn't really that difficult to understand.

If you need to burn carbon, you pay at the pump for the damage it causes.

All of a sudden other things will make more sense.

Like solar / wind / tide / organics - in manufacturing

Excuse me. The BIG fire is coming my way. Again.....

Every Other Post Or So, They Let the True Motivation Slip...

I sort of get it - the logic is that if you tax more, a disincentive is created, and other options become more desirable. Trust me, lurking meatheads, I get the logic. Problem is, this
logic is EXACTLY THE SAME as the Trickle Down theory you all roundly ridicule, so I'm going to ridicule you now. California has INSANE gas taxes and it does NOTHING to change
driving habits. All it does is give the government money, which they will squander on indoctrinating kids and making sure people can shit in the streets in perpetuity.

If you assfaces are serious about climate change, simply quit driving. Turn your cars in, period. Go solar, period. What's that, you say...

Calculating (1,972 posts)

11. Ok...is the government going to buy me an electric car and solar panels?

Last I checked a Tesla model 3 goes for about 50K for the decent AWD/extended range version. Solar panels for the house would be another 15-20k.

I'm already getting killed on gas, my car gets 12mpg and gas prices have gone up like 80% over the last year up to $3.89 per gallon now. I can't really sell the car to get something better either, as it's a 15 year old car and I just had to pay like $3000 fixing a bunch of stuff on it. Prices of everything have been shooting to the sky, we get taxed on *******ed everything now, and my pay isn't keeping up with this shit. Not sure I can handle even MORE taxes.

I thought this was life and death? Turns out it's just more liberal BS and what they really want is more stuff from Uncle Sam.

NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline Aristotelian

I thought this was life and death? Turns out it's just more liberal BS and what they really want is more stuff from Uncle Sam.

Say it ain't so...

Simple question for anybody obsessed with carbon emissions - how much CO2 does nuclear power emit and how are you supporting its expansion? Certainly over here, the greenies are vehemently anti-nuclear; in Germany they're expanding coal produced power because the greens won't let them use nuclear; I guess it's the same in the U.S.

As you say, it's got nothing to do with saving the planet - everything to do with getting more and more government.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
hunter
1. Taxes won't save us. We have to quit fossil fuels entirely.
A fifteen year time scale might work, shitting down the worst greenhouse gas emitters first.

We're toast.

I'd love to hear the details on this idea. It sounds like he thinks he's just going to legislate entire industries into oblivion and tax those that remain to pay for conversions done with all the efficiency and cost savings government has to offer.

Elessar Zappa
2. A big gas tax is regressive.
Definitely not for it.

roamer65
6. Lets see what you think in 10-20 years.

That's what Al Gore said 30 years ago.

Kaleva
4. IMHO, the great majority who'll perish are those unwilling or unable to adapt.

You just know that the unspoken part is: "I invested in solar panels while my idiot MAGAt neighbors bought guns. Now we'll see who survives the apocalypse!"

roamer65
7. Best move anyone can make is to not have children.
8 billion is too many.

MichMan
8. Yet the IRS gives a tax bonus for every single child

roamer65
10. Yep. That needs to be capped at 2 children.
No incentives for number 3, 4, 5...

Also, the best birth control device is INFLATION....monetary inflation.

That’s why I don’t mind a 10-20 percent real inflation rate. It just may save this planet from us.

I have no doubt this asshole would commit to wholesale genocide "for the good of the planet."

BGBD
13. This thread is like a
master class in losing elections.

Carbon tax, increase inflation, and limit family size. Republicans wouldn't even have to campaign to win 60 seats.

Mole or sincere moderate who will be chased off?

WarGamer
14. It's not WE... as in the US.
China and India are increasing their CO2 output exponentially.

No amount of US green energy implementation will counteract the new coal fired power plants belching CO2 over there.

We need across the board cuts, no allowances for "developing countries".

How long until he's denounced for racism?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Old n Grumpy

hunter
1. Taxes won't save us. We have to quit fossil fuels entirely.
A fifteen year time scale might work,
shitting down the worst greenhouse gas emitters first.

I agree shitting down china, india, africa and any other country that is not worried about their emissions.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Gas tax, like sales tax, is a tax on the poor. This simple fact is something they simply can't seem to grasp.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Ferrance

• Signing the Blue State Blues
Gas tax, like sales tax, is a tax on the poor. This simple fact is something they simply can't seem to grasp.

Of course they understand that. It's only a tax on the poor when it's used to pay for infrastructure but when it comes to climate they don't care so much.
The Democratic party is longest running racist organization in the country. Going strong for over 200 years.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
roamer65

:racist:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline landofconfusion80

I love getting them worked up over the lottery. Now that is an ingenious tax on the poor to benefit the rich. You don't ever see tophats and monicals feverishly scratching tickets at the gas station. The wife has gotten a full ride through college from them
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
roamer65

He's virtue signalling his inflatable sheep, and trying to keep it on the down low.

:-)
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.