Author Topic: Supreme Court order ends congressional Dems' attempts to determine if trump lied  (Read 292 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Star Member spanone (126,820 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215587697

Supreme Court order ends congressional Dems' attempts to determine if trump lied in Mueller probe.

(CNN)- Congressional Democrats' years-long attempt to nail down whether then-President Donald Trump lied to special counsel Robert Mueller effectively ended on Friday, with the US Supreme Court wiping away court decisions where the House Judiciary Committee was told it could access secret grand jury records from key witnesses in the Mueller investigation.

The House now won't get those grand jury records -- bringing to a close Democrats' pursuit of what witnesses in the Mueller investigation said confidentially under oath about their interactions with Trump and others during the 2016 campaign.

Since 2019, the Judiciary Committee had sought access to records from the Mueller investigation's grand jury proceedings, which were cited in Mueller's report on Russian interference in the 2016 election. The House had repeatedly said it wanted the records so it could consider whether to impeach Trump for attempting to obstruct the Russia investigation, which Mueller also documented.

But over the past two years, the fight plodded through the court system, with the Justice Department under Trump unsuccessfully arguing to block the release of the grand jury documents. The Supreme Court initially had agreed to hear the case, but then delayed it following Trump's loss of the presidency in November.

:popcorn:

Star Member SergeStorms (11,548 posts)

1. Once again....

the Orange Carbuncle skirts the law by litigating it to death. That's been his MO since the 70s and he continues to use it to this very day.  I see no reason to believe his current troubles will end any differently.

Star Member malaise (231,430 posts)

2. WTF?

Star Member Bettie (11,457 posts)

3. Well, the current majority are doing what they were appointed to do cover for right wingers.

FreepFryer (5,879 posts)

5. More SC abuses. I wonder if the President has the ability to make those records available. (Nt)

Hotler (8,421 posts)

6. I'm so sick of losing. nt.

:loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Online Old n Grumpy

Hotler (8,421 posts)

6. I'm so sick of losing. nt.

Maybe you need to rethink your political affiliation. :thatsright:

Dumb ass!! :loser: :loser:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SVPete

:thatsright: Ummmm, how could Trump have lied to Mueller (et al), since Trump never testified in person, and Mueller never made the claim that the metadata for files Trump, et al, turned over to Mueller evidenced tampering? :thatsright:

Congressional Ds were not after Trump, they were fishing for avenues for lawfare against people who had worked with Trump and to dox those people.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ferrance

• Signing the Blue State Blues

Response to Bettie (Reply #3)

Sat Jul 3, 2021, 11:29 AM

Star Member former9thward (23,973 posts)
9. It was the full court

And the Biden administration supported it. From the link in the OP:

On Friday, the high court vacated earlier rulings. The Justice Department under President Joe Biden wanted this result, saying the case had become moot. The House didn't oppose the department's move.

Uh oh, looks like someone is trying to bring facts to the conversation  :-)
The Democratic party is longest running racist organization in the country. Going strong for over 200 years.