Author Topic: The GOP is trying to ban the Pill, choice, rubbers, IUD's, other forms of contra  (Read 292 times)

Offline Mary Ann

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215587461
Imallin4Joe (517 posts)

The GOP is trying to ban the Pill, choice, rubbers, IUD's, other forms of contraception....

Dems,
Expose them in your political ads.

Do we realize that most people view GOP/RW/Conservative attacks on contraception as too extreme and they tend to vote for choice?

Attack the GOP on the fact that they want to ban the PILL AND BIRTH CONTROL.

Wake up Democrats.
I don't know if I'm more surprised by the number of DUpipo who agree, or by the number who are saying it's BS.

usaf-vet (3,710 posts)

7. Simple the GQP is now a cult. No individual thought just blind following.
RVN VET71 (2,234 posts)

8. Need a link for this otherwise unsubstantiated assertion.

But you can’t just make an assertion about the GOP without evidence.

Of course, if the Dems wanted to make such accusations public, it would be interesting to see the Republican reaction. Do they condemn the accusation as a lie? Or do they embrace it as a good idea?
FalloutShelter (7,959 posts)

12. No fear mongering here.

As someone who has been involved with women’s reproductive freedom since the late 70’s, I am here to tell you that the abolition of all types of birth control has ALWAYS been the ultimate objective of the right.

The SCOTUS will likely overturn ROE in the October session, and then it will be open season on contraception. Women’s rights organizations thought that after ROE, the SCOTUS reverence and respect for “settled law” would protect the law, but we were wrong. We won, but the right NEVER gave up. Every time the liberal majority on the court was weakened they were further emboldened. Now the court is poised to overturn 50 years of justice and social progress. lace up your marching boots children. This is going to get very ugly.
Sherman A1 (33,909 posts)

15. Yeah, okaaaaaaay

Sure they are………
Kyblue1 (201 posts)

16. The "right to lifers" that are a large part of the GOP base will not stop with banning abortion

I have long said that the “right to lifers” will not stop with making abortion illegal. The “true believers” are against contraception. The Catholic Church is opposed to contraception and a significant percentage of the Republican Party is made up of conservative Catholics. It is not a long leap from anti-abortion to anti-contraception
I just noticed that the OP used the euphemism "choice" in the title of his post to refer to abortion. Hmmm . . .  I wonder why.

Offline SVPete

Imallin4Joe (517 posts)

The GOP is trying to ban the Pill, choice, rubbers, IUD's, other forms of contraception....

In what inverted perpendicular universe?

Apparently it took 8 responses to call out the OP's unsupported (and unsupportable) claim:

RVN VET71 (2,234 posts)

8. Need a link for this otherwise unsubstantiated assertion.

But you can’t just make an assertion about the GOP without evidence.

:rotf: If (s)he keeps posting that way there may be a granite pizza in his/her near future, even though Imallin4Joe has 1/4 the number of DU-posts. :rotf:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ferrance

• Signing the Blue State Blues
This whole stupid idea of the GOP taking away birth control has been floating around since George Stephanopoulos asked Mitt Romney back in the 2012 primary. No one was taking about it then and no one is now. It's crazy lefty "proof" of GOP authoritarian desires.  :mental:
The Democratic party is longest running racist organization in the country. Going strong for over 200 years.

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
Oh, FSS...
The only people I've ever known to oppose birth control were Catholics, and I've never EVER heard a single one of them say they wan't it banned, they just won't use it for themselves.
Hell, the entire pro-life ideal promotes birth control as the only way to eliminate murderous abortions.
These DUmpasses really are a sight. At least most of them called the OP on this BS.
I have other ideas though as to the reasoning behind that post

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
I would never do anything to stop leftists from breeding.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."