Author Topic: Who is this "we" roamer65 speaks of?  (Read 402 times)

Offline Mary Ann

Who is this "we" roamer65 speaks of?
« on: June 26, 2021, 02:11:42 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215564693
Cyrano (12,965 posts)

So the Republican Party has declared war on America

Okay, others have declared war on us. It didn't end well for them.

Actually, it shouldn't be a bit surprising that the party that claims to be "more patriotic than thou, and the sole owners of God and the flag" has gone to war with those of us who are sane and don't lust for absolute power. After all, they've been selling the same snake oil for decades and Trump showed us all that the snake oil was nothing more than well-packaged shit.

Unfortunately, they have a huge megaphone with Fox "news" and others broadcasting their lies, their propaganda, their poison, 24/7. And about one third of Americans buy into it. Who makes up that one third? Well, some of them are intelligent, amoral people who see the oncoming authoritarian state, agree with it, and see a way to profit from it. But the majority of them are, for the most part, racists, people who thrive on hatred, and every other type of mindless moron imaginable.

The pundits have told us we've brought knives to a gunfight. Yeah, we always do.

However, the Republicans may be overestimating their leverage over the country. Yesterday, they attacked one of America's sacred cows, -- the military. I think they've underestimated the blow back from that. After all, a majority of the enlisted military is made up of people from red states. (They joined because their job/career options were few.)

Republican control at the state level seems invulnerable. If it is, America will be an authoritarian country after the 2022 and 2024 election. But there's another option. The vast majority of Americans may finally understand their freedoms are on the line. They may turn out at the polls in numbers that will be difficult to steal. And if the Republicans try to steal those votes, they may just bring about their own destruction. After all, history has shown time and again what happens when Americans finally "get it" and get pissed off. IMO, we're just about there.
The OP is just typical Cyrano nonsense, but I brought this over specifically for this response:
roamer65 (27,024 posts)

2. We won't.

I will be a full blown Michigan separatist at that point. We do the referendum and get out.

We will be better off striking a deal with Ottawa for a new Northern America confederation.

New England, NY, CA, WA and OR will be the first to go.
"roamer65"is making a LOT of assumptions. I'm a Michigander, and I reeeeaaaaaally doubt that the referendum would go roamer's way.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: Who is this "we" roamer65 speaks of?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2021, 02:26:39 PM »
Quote from:
Cyrano

… with those of us who are sane…

:rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf:

One of the biggest kooks on the island believing himself to be sane. Oh, the comedy never ends with these primitives.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2021, 02:31:37 PM »
Did I miss a news story yesterday where the Republicans attacked the Military?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2021, 03:08:31 PM »
Did I miss a news story yesterday where the Republicans attacked the Military?

Because that General Milley guy was defending "Critical Race Theory" before Congress.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2021, 05:26:28 PM »
Cyrano (12,965 posts)

So the Republican Party has declared war on America

Okay, others have declared war on us. It didn't end well for them.

Actually, it shouldn't be a bit surprising that the party that claims to be "more patriotic than thou, and the sole owners of God and the flag" has gone to war with those of us who are sane and don't lust for absolute power. After all, they've been selling the same snake oil for decades and Trump showed us all that the snake oil was nothing more than well-packaged shit.

Unfortunately, they have a huge megaphone with Fox "news" and others broadcasting their lies, their propaganda, their poison, 24/7. And about one third of Americans buy into it. Who makes up that one third? Well, some of them are intelligent, amoral people who see the oncoming authoritarian state, agree with it, and see a way to profit from it. But the majority of them are, for the most part, racists, people who thrive on hatred, and every other type of mindless moron imaginable.
Further evidence than when leftists converse and speculate about the inner thoughts of conservatives and republicans, they're really just talking about themselves.