Author Topic: Fingers Crossed...  (Read 731 times)

Offline Drafe Hoblin

Fingers Crossed...
« on: June 05, 2021, 10:09:46 AM »
for a stellar Trump-oration at the NC GOP-Convention today.  (at 5, or 5:30 on CSPAN, et al)

I've tamped-down al my expectations so they're merely iconospheric...  So much to hear-from him on. 

I think he'll unload on Biden & Harris so heavily, that it'll take weeks for the media to rehab them.  As for unloading on Fauci, we'll see what happens.

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
Re: Fingers Crossed...
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2021, 08:49:11 AM »
Not big on listening to anyone's speeches, but noticed over the weekend, great internet kerfluffling claiming he was stumbling, losing his train of thought, and had his pants on backwards.   ::)  Even Snopes says that's not right, but the meme continues.  More leftist projection of Joe's dementia onto Evil Orange Man. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5Sy3GVEuPU  Half listening to a bit of it at this link, sounds like his usual, unscripted, stream of thought demeanor.  Trump can give very good speeches, but his typical rally speech is not great oration by any stretch.  It is usually honest, passionate, and human, which are good, but not mesmerizing speech.  I suppose if one is a moonbat accustomed to canned talk that sounds good but says nothing, that stream of thought style may sound demented. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2021, 09:59:22 AM »
Yeah, I forgot I posted this...  Because of the unexplainable delay at the venue... on a Saturday... 

Finally caught a lot of it yesterday.  WHERE WAS THE SOUND...?  Reminded me of that Ted Cruz speech in 2015-ish, where they had him speaking DURING the clatter of serving & dining.

One minor thing about The President at this moment...  Shelve the Lee Greenwood intro till later.  It came-off as sort of unnecessarily nostalgic, like we're never gonna see the guy again.  Other than that it was an intelligently entertaining series of takes in which Trump took the rightly dubious attitude in expressing.

Like Kenobi's expression, when Solo says  " I made the Kessel Run in 300-parsecs. "

Best line from Trump...  " They want to defund our freedom. "

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2021, 12:36:07 PM »
Agree in principle - Trump is not a great orator. But that's a plus in many circles, because I don't know of many middle Americans who want to hear fluff and meaningless platitudes. Trump is good at touching on the stuff in middle America that matters - family, home, community, work ethic, solving problems. He's able to project those qualities on those who attend rallies (I never have, and have no intention to) which pumps up people who are already pumped up - like those who attend sports events.

Trump is good at mocking his detractors, and God knows, there are more than a few of those. That incenses the GOP elite class and the Left (which includes 95% of the media).

I think Trump is trying to find his niche and that is increasingly more like the GOP father figure. I think that Trump likes being President, but he also likes his new-found role. I do not see DJT as a presidential candidate in 2024, but that does not mean he will not be a factor in the process. He likes the limelight and he likes the power, but he can find much of that in endorsing many, and will likely be part of more than a few rallies - for candidates in many races, including presidential, congressional, gubernatorial.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline old dog 2

• pork eating infidel
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2021, 08:38:29 AM »
I finally had time this morning to watch it.  Youtube has censored it so it must have been good.  Please post a link to another source if you have one.
Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.  - Voltaire

Offline old dog 2

• pork eating infidel
Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.  - Voltaire

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2021, 09:39:35 AM »
I finally had time this morning to watch it.  Youtube has censored it so it must have been good.  Please post a link to another source if you have one.

Yet, the evil right wing runs all the media, right lurkers?   ::)

Eupher: I agree that Trumps speaking style is not entirely a bad thing.  It's just an easy target for detractors, as the rumor and innuendo and projection across the interwebs I mentioned about him seeming to be distracted and unable to concentrate shows.   
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2021, 12:20:39 PM »

Eupher: I agree that Trumps speaking style is not entirely a bad thing.  It's just an easy target for detractors, as the rumor and innuendo and projection across the interwebs I mentioned about him seeming to be distracted and unable to concentrate shows.

True dat. But I say "damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead," because it doesn't matter who the conservative pol is, the left and the media (most of the time, these are one and the same) will twist, obfuscate, deflect, detract, and flat-out lie as to what that pol says. We've seen it dozens of times with multiple examples, not just with Trump.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.