Author Topic: USSC says Trump can proceed with plan to spend military funds for border  (Read 141353 times)

Offline Mr Mannn

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10142346538
The Supreme Court Friday night on a 5 to 4 vote revived the Trump administration’s plan to use $2.5 billion in Pentagon funds to build part of the wall project along the southern border. The court’s conservatives set aside a U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit ruling for the Sierra Club and a coalition of border communities that said a reallocation of the Defense Department money would violate federal law. The unsigned ruling by the Supreme Court said the government “made a sufficient showing at this stage” the groups did not have proper standing to challenge transfer of money.

~~ there is much more to this first thread, but its all said here in the first paragraph. USSC removed any hindrance to building the wall.
Iliyah (18,295 posts)
1. I think this is Texas . . .

Texas may turn blue . . .
^^ yeah, Cause Texans love open borders.
Leghorn21 (8,251 posts)
2. Now now, just because military installations need serious infrastructure work and base housing is

falling apart, that’s no reason to deny this pigf*cker and his minions their 300 feet of beautiful artistic “wall”, right

Take all the money you want and f*ck the Army, the Navy, the Marines, and all their families, I mean just f*ck em

Shameshameshame scotus

From March 30:

Now the Marine Corps' top officer is warning that readiness at Camp Lejeune — home to one third of the Corps' total combat power — is degraded and "will continue to degrade given current conditions." In a recent memo to Navy Secretary Richard Spencer, Commandant Gen. Robert Neller cited, among other "negative factors," the diversion of resources to the border, where the Trump administration has sent active-duty troops to patrol and plans to use military funding to pay for a wall.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/military/camp-lejeune-still-mess-6-months-after-hurricane-florence-where-n986456
^^ because DU just LOVES the troops...
bluestarone (6,298 posts)
6. This is a very scary decision to me!

I worry about ALL future SC decisions!
^^ another snowflake wets his pants
Star Member moonseller66 (258 posts)
7. Whoa! You mean the military doesn't really NEED all that money?

This can only mean if money can be diverted from the Military, in the view of SCOTUS, we have spent more than is needed on the Military budget. That means the House should rescind this year's budget or not approve so much for them next time, right? No sense wasting money...SCOTUS says so and THEY ought to know.

Hey Military people, if you need more tax payer money for that infrastructure, better pay, etc. and if America thinks it needs more protection, Donny's Supine Court of the United States just said **** you, Military. Please send your thanks to those 5 right wing assholes. (If you can afford the stamps!)
^^Can the democrats ever say no to campaign donations from the industrial military complex?
Star Member RandySF (24,282 posts)
11. I'm so glad that Hillary and Trump were similar enough to sit out 2016.

I am sure there will be much more weeping and gnashing of teeth...stay tuned.

Offline jukin

Hey DUchebags, LOLGF!

On edit; Is not the major goal of the military to stop foreign invasions?

YES. YES IT IS. 

So this is no diversion. It is the primary goal of the US military.

I personally think we should have snipers at the border.  That would stop this invasion bullshit tomorrow.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 04:05:04 PM by jukin »
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Old n Grumpy

What's really sad here is every time Trump tries to do good some ass hole left wing judge abuses his or her power to stop it and it has to wind up in a long drawn out court battle. All those judges who get overturned should be punished. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline FlippyDoo

• Oh NO!!!!! It's a rebel windmill!!!!
Leghorn21 (8,251 posts)
2. Now now, just because military installations need serious infrastructure work and base housing is

falling apart, that’s no reason to deny this pigf*cker and his minions their 300 feet of beautiful artistic “wall”, right

Take all the money you want and f*ck the Army, the Navy, the Marines, and all their families, I mean just f*ck em

Some will say that the above DUmmies really care about the milititary and this DUmmie is showing its concern by being facetious. That is not true. It is saying how it (and its filthy cohorts) really feel.

Here's one from a long time back:

70. All of them are babykillers , The whole army needs to be desolved
It is an institution that only exists to murder people.
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=102&topic_id=3963517&mesg_id=3965726
Fictional spirit-guiding by appointment.
conservativecave.com & conservativeunderground.com

For new members and lurkers: I am a fictional spirit-guide with no smell whatsoever. I am part irish setter and part pigeon. If you don't smell any strange smells it means I'm probably standing next to you. As I am a fictional character anything I post should possibly be considered fictional.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
^^^^^^^^^^^

Ouch!!!!

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant

Bullshit.

Ian the D-bag doesn't have what it takes to be a BALL CARRIER for Jodie. And he'd need three promotions to rise to the exalted rank of Jodie's ball washer...
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 02:35:27 PM by DefiantSix »
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus