Author Topic: Medicare Is Cracking Down on Opioids. Doctors Fear Pain Patients Will Suffer.  (Read 5418 times)

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
Guess whose Administration started the opioid crack-down. Crisis-mongering and meat-ax responses have consequences.

This was in the local new this week:

Lehigh County files civil suit against pharmaceutical companies

http://www.wfmz.com/news/lehigh-valley/lehigh-county-files-civil-suit-against-pharmaceutical-companies/721381560
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
With Medicare government is already up to its eyeballs in "the doctor-patient relationship" and has been since it started.

It's really funny how it's okay with the primitives that the government tell a bakery which customers to serve, but it's not okay that the government tell physicians which drugs they may prescribe.

Until the primitives get consistent, they're worth only laughing at, not taking seriously.  Ninnies.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SVPete

It's really funny how it's okay with the primitives that the government tell a bakery which customers to serve, but it's not okay that the government tell physicians which drugs they may prescribe.

Until the primitives get consistent, they're worth only laughing at, not taking seriously.  Ninnies.

DU-folk wouldn't and don't recognize Principled Consistency when it slaps them around. Their "principle" can be summed up in two letters: M E.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
Well friend, if some asshole wants to dig through used cat litter and take pills he/she/it finds in there, they get what they deserve.

Unrelated, but funny: Long ago, I had a CSM who was the president of the EIB board.  He stated publically that if a candidate keistered a GPS device (this is back when they were still big and boxy) and pooped it out on the course, they could use it.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
The Government's crackdown on the prescribed opioid problem leads directly the heronine/fentanyl problem we have today. This is a prime example of people not entirely thinking through a solution before implementing it. The issue was analyzed in haste and the response was made based on feelings. Never base a judgment on how you feel about something at the moment.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.