Author Topic: The stupid is strong with this one. Eating beef is the new SUV.  (Read 1597 times)

Offline thundley4

Re: The stupid is strong with this one. Eating beef is the new SUV.
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2015, 10:27:53 PM »
So cows fart, big deal.  If the vegans win and everyone gives up meat, then that means a hell of a lot more more crops will need to be planted and harvested.

That means one of three things. More people growing their own food on subsistence farms, or more machines burning fossil fuels to grow more crops on more land, or using more animals to do the work of machines in farming.

I don't see any net benefit to any of those options.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2015, 10:31:55 PM »
My Stupidometer broke.  :banghead:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2015, 11:38:22 PM »
I think this is sort on-topic or semi-related ... can a vegan be a Green Bay Packers fan?

Only if he redefines "packer".

Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2015, 05:14:40 AM »
I think this is sort on-topic or semi-related ... can a vegan be a Green Bay Packers fan?

Well . . . "Green" does come before "Packers," so . . . No.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2015, 07:50:46 AM »
Response to philosslayer (Original post)

Sun Oct 4, 2015, 10:53 AM

Meldread (3,676 posts)
39. This thread demonstrates why we fail to actually deal with Climate Change.

Just taking a look through the responses to this thread, and it doesn't shock me one bit. People are always happy to oppose things external to themselves, such as the Keystone Pipeline, or to criticize Coal and Oil Companies. That way the moral burden of climate change is shifted and placed on the shoulders of someone else.

However, when you start talking about consumer habits the story changes. When you start talking about how individuals are collectively contributing to climate change, and the actions each individual can take to reduce emissions--well... suddenly, it's a whole new ball game. The moment you start talking about the need of people to start making some "sacrifices" because their lifestyles are literally unsustainable, they become all, 'Well **** that shit. I guess we'll just keep heating this old bitch up. Sorry future generations of humanity! My steak is important!'

If this is the type of reaction you get from liberals who actually believe in climate change, imagine the type of reaction you'll get from conservatives who don't. If you can't convince liberals to change their lifestyles, then there is zero hope of convincing conservatives.

This is why I've basically shifted my tactics on this whole issue. For me, it's no longer about convincing other people. It's about trying to imagine what the future looks like in a world that has had its climate radically altered. Then it's about finding other like minded people, preparing, and basically telling the rest of the human species to go **** itself. Save only those worth saving, and just let the rest fend for themselves or die off. Let nature run its course, and cease intervening to save those that were too stupid to save themselves. Sometimes, as a liberal, you have to realize that your efforts to help other people are futile, and your energy is better spent elsewhere. This is one of those situations. There is zero hope of preventing or slowing climate change, and so the only thing that a reasonable person can do is work with other reasonable people to prepare for the worst case scenarios--at least we're saving our own people.

You just dipped your toe into the world of the sane.

Response to philosslayer (Original post)

Sun Oct 4, 2015, 07:52 PM

Rex (56,227 posts)
92. Beef is the new SUV? So what are massive refineries!?

The day I feel bad about individual choices over corporate/government choices...never happen.

Thanks for proving what a piece of shit you really are Rex.