Author Topic: A Primitive From The Past (Carlos the photog) Resurfaces  (Read 35503 times)

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
Re: A Primitive From The Past Resurfaces
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2009, 01:07:59 PM »
Heh, heh! I stand corrected!

But isn't that hard to do if you only have a *****?
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2009, 03:09:14 PM »
RagingInMiami Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Jul-16-08 10:09 AM
Original message
My night in jail after photographing police against their wishes

The most humiliating part of my arrest was not necessarily the way the five Miami police officers slammed me down on the hard sidewalk and bashed my forehead against the concrete. Nor was it the way they tightened the handcuffs on me until they cut off the circulation in my wrists. Nor was it the way one officer twisted my right wrist backwards until I yelled out in pain. Nor was it the way an officer threatened to taze me if I did not shut my mouth.
It wasn’t even the way the sergeant taunted me at the precinct by saying, “I don’t know what police department you’re used to dealing with, but this is Miami PD and we don’t put up with that kind of crap here.”

No, the most humiliating part of my arrest was when I was ordered into a small dark room at the Miami-Dade County Jail and ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks while a jail guard with a flashlight ensured that I was not smuggling any contraband into the jail.

And yet, for others at the DU it's simply a lifestyle choice.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2009, 03:36:43 PM »
Did you see the testimonials?  TxRadioGuy stands as a representative of the Conservative Cave.

http://carlosmiller.com/2009/04/07/new-york-attorneys-become-pinacs-first-sponsors/#comment-8025

Testimonials

The Good
"Carlos Miller and his blog Photography Is Not A Crime has to be the best blog I have come across to date that documents the ongoing battle that photographers and videographers are facing in increasing numbers." Hodson Report

"Anyone who promises to 'mock, madden and maybe even muckrake' has my attention - especially when he's fighting for my right to plant my sticks wherever the Constitution says I can." Lenslinger

"With a seemingly increasing number of stories of police harassing and arresting photographers making headlines, one man has made it his job to watch the police." B-roll

"This is not a partisan issue. It's a police abuse-of-power issue, and 'security' is no excuse for this sort of totally unacceptable and unconstitutional behavior by officers of the law. Carlos Miller is a great source of information about these unfolding stories." Brendan Loy

Carlos Miller runs "one of Miami's best blogs." Miami New Times

I have a bunch of RSS feeds on my smartphone, and I tell ya, this is one i read constantly. Great info, and it is unbelievable what is going on right here in the USA.... Virginia Beach Photo Club

The Bad
"This Carlos Miller character is just a jerk, no redeeming social or personal value." Conservative Cave

"You're a good writer, Carlos, but until you're able to recognize and acknowledge your biases, your quests for justice will be seen by most as little more than sour grapes by a man with a chip on his shoulder." South Florida Daily Blog

The Ugly
"You are a cockroach and boil on the ass of journalism in Miami and the sooner that responsible journalists in Miami disown you and repudiate your actions the better." "Hank"

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2009, 04:56:33 PM »
Tx, I gave you a H5 for this:

"This Carlos Miller character is just a jerk, no redeeming social or personal value." Conservative Cave
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2009, 05:00:21 PM »

Uh, sir, that was I who was quoted.

I need to say that not for my own ego, but for historical accuracy.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2009, 05:04:43 PM »
Uh, sir, that was I who was quoted.

I need to say that not for my own ego, but for historical accuracy.

:o :o :o :o :o

Sorry about that, Coach!  An H5 has been given to you as well.  After I get back from choir practice (2 1/2 to 3 hours!), if I think to fire up the computer, I'll add a second. :thatsright:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2009, 05:13:58 PM »
RagingInMiami Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Jul-16-08 10:09 AM
Original message
My night in jail after photographing police against their wishes

The most humiliating part of my arrest was not necessarily the way the five Miami police officers slammed me down on the hard sidewalk and bashed my forehead against the concrete. Nor was it the way they tightened the handcuffs on me until they cut off the circulation in my wrists. Nor was it the way one officer twisted my right wrist backwards until I yelled out in pain. Nor was it the way an officer threatened to taze me if I did not shut my mouth.
It wasn’t even the way the sergeant taunted me at the precinct by saying, “I don’t know what police department you’re used to dealing with, but this is Miami PD and we don’t put up with that kind of crap here.”

No, the most humiliating part of my arrest was when I was ordered into a small dark room at the Miami-Dade County Jail and ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks while a jail guard with a flashlight ensured that I was not smuggling any contraband into the jail.

And yet, for others at the DU it's simply a lifestyle choice.

Cindie

The gerbil was happy though to finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2009, 06:17:37 PM »
Jerks like Carlos Miller NEED jail time.
Acting like he does and then just walks away with community service.
I wonder how many times he has violated his probation and got away with it?

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2009, 06:56:45 PM »
He should be grateful the judge sentenced him to anger management.  All that rage damages the body and shortens life span.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2009, 07:02:14 PM »

Gotta take that one back and give it to the eloquent man who said it...franksolich.

RimJob erased all of my comments.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2009, 07:57:17 PM »
Gotta take that one back and give it to the eloquent man who said it...franksolich.

I saw those today.  :lmao:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2009, 04:24:05 AM »

I gave him one, and I'm about to give him another to make it up.  I'm moving slowly this morning.

Chase her.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2009, 06:08:50 AM »
I saw those today.  :lmao:

Nice to know I can still get under a DUmmies (thin) skin.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2009, 07:51:11 PM »
This is the most viewed thread in the history of the DUmpster.

About 90% of those viewing it have been "guests."

Just for a stroll down memory lane.....
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2009, 08:01:32 PM »
Oh my.

Carlos doesn't seem to have been too busy lately, causing trouble?  Suppose he's where he belongs, in jail?

The latest is from last March, and comes with a photograph of Carlos.

http://carlosmiller.com/2009/03/30/the-moment-of-judgment-has-arrived/
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2009, 08:30:53 PM »
Oh my. If you go to the "home" link on his page, it briefly shows a post from today and then disappears. I was able to click on the one of the earlier posts from last week and it appears that Mr. Miller never learned the first rule of acting as your own legal counsel.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2009, 07:39:37 AM »
That picture of the cops across the top of his page is priceless. He did get a good shot there.

I'll caption the cops from right to left:

"You POS."

"Oh no you DIH-int!"

"I am SO going to enjoy kicking your ass."

"DUmmy knucklehead, meet Mister Elbow."

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2009, 07:59:14 AM »
That picture of the cops across the top of his page is priceless. He did get a good shot there.

I'll caption the cops from right to left:

"You POS."

"Oh no you DIH-int!"

"I am SO going to enjoy kicking your ass."

"DUmmy knucklehead, meet Mister Elbow."

Did you see the "Legal Defense Fund" on the left side, just under the pic at the top?  He's got options from $5.00 to $500.00, but nothing for "Healing White Light." :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf:

Chase her.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2009, 10:54:37 AM »
Did you see the "Legal Defense Fund" on the left side, just under the pic at the top?  He's got options from $5.00 to $500.00, but nothing for "Healing White Light." :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf:

Also no option to send pictures of your hands. :(
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2009, 10:35:39 PM »
Also no option to send pictures of your hands. :(

How about just one finger?
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2009, 10:14:16 AM »
Okay, this particular thread has entered the "top ten" of all threads viewed here at conservativecave.

I have no idea why, but there's always "guests" viewing this every single day.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2009, 10:21:31 AM »
Top 10 Topics (by Views)

The Word Association Game  19688
What are you listening to?  18338
Daily Presidential Approval Index  10368
Babe of the Day  9225
Finish the sentence and keep the sentence going...   8960
lol catz (retread rethread)  8835
Dumpster Forum Rules and Links (09-18-08)  8473
Conservative Cave Daily Trivia Contest  7865
TiT's Greatest Hits: A Musical Retrospective...  7598
A Primitive From The Past Resurfaces  7142
apres moi, le deluge

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2009, 12:57:57 PM »
When I look at what "guests" are viewing, it looks fishy. They are so random and obscure, it makes me think a lot of the "guests" are some kind of computer bot or glitch.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2009, 02:23:25 PM »
I get a bunch of those at LibertyFic, I can't see actual stats and suff but when a guest is viewing an empty forum for an hour, its gotta be a bot.

Something in that thread is attracting a lot of bots for some reason.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2009, 04:16:33 PM »
I'm not sure it's a bot.  What if it's a bunch of DUmb**** lurkers?

Chase her.