Author Topic: NADIN to School Black Forum on Hippity Hop!  (Read 2327 times)

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

Re: NADIN to School Black Forum on Hippity Hop!
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2015, 07:31:12 AM »
". It is becuase it is music of self identification, political awareness and self worth."
As I make it a point to avoid gangsta (c)rap music whenever possible, someone please help answer this question:
How do open glamorization of brutal violence and murder, open glamorization of rape and misogyny, and barking out the words "B*tch" and "N*gg*r" every 8 seconds or so qualify as "Self identification, political awareness, and self- worth"?

When I worked as a loader at a UPS hub (Or as I euphemistically called it, "The Fifth Layer of Hell"; Basically, imagine the 'I Love Lucy' candy conveyor belt scene taking place at 3 AM or earlier with the chocolates replaced with packages, often large and heavy packages), we were allowed to play radios or MP3 players while we worked if we wanted. A guy stationed across the belt from me one day loudly played this horrible gangsta (c)rap song in which, as I guess part of the melody/ rhythm, every 8 seconds, you'd hear the sound of a gun cocking and firing twice. Listening to that, all I could think of was an old youth group friend of mine, a real good kid with everything going for him, who 9 years ago was killed in a botched carjacking before he could even graduate high school by some punk who wanted his car and the $16.00 in his wallet and didn't want to leave any witnesses (Fortunately, the scumbag in question was caught soon afterwards, and hit with two life sentences; The fact that he entered a no- contest plea bargain was the only thing that kept his sorry butt off death row). My friend was apparently shot twice in the head, just like the rhythm to that freaking song. When we had a break, I asked my coworker if he could refrain from playing that revolting song in my presence again, and he quickly agreed, but I still couldn't help thinking how many more good, decent young people like my friend have been murdered by people (Of all races) who follow the kind of hideous, lawless lifestyle that gangsta (c)rap music openly glamorizes.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2015, 09:52:19 AM »
". It is becuase it is music of self identification, political awareness and self worth."
As I make it a point to avoid gangsta (c)rap music whenever possible, someone please help answer this question:
How do open glamorization of brutal violence and murder, open glamorization of rape and misogyny, and barking out the words "B*tch" and "N*gg*r" every 8 seconds or so qualify as "Self identification, political awareness, and self- worth"?

Well, from what I've read you could have added "Ho", but I think that "music" definitely is "self identification", just not in the sense nb meant (if she can mean anything).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2015, 10:12:28 AM »
Yeah, brought tears to my eyes first time I heard it. I saw Heart before Nancy ballooned out to blimp status. Back when Barracuda was in the top 40. Ann is still HOT! Still got a crush on that babe! Good looker and plays guitar! Can't ask for a better fantasy!

Umm . . . Ann is the singer.

Nancy plays the guitar. :whistling:

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2015, 12:04:24 PM »

I guess it's because that vulgar trash accurately represents and describes the culture that spawns it.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 12:27:01 PM by GOBUCKS »

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2015, 12:25:33 PM »
Umm . . . Ann is the singer.

Nancy plays the guitar. :whistling:

I have an excuse, I'm old and my memory sucks! At least I still know Jimmy Page plays the tuba!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!