Author Topic: NADIN to School Black Forum on Hippity Hop!  (Read 2326 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
NADIN to School Black Forum on Hippity Hop!
« on: April 06, 2015, 03:49:05 AM »
nadinbrzezinski (135,451 posts) http://www.democraticunderground.com/118713555

Crowdsourcing research
Looking at RAP and hip hop and how it has been used by prosecutors. Some actually surprise me, Loretta Lynch comes to mind.

Three months ago I would have been shocked if you told me that prosecutors are trying to burn young men for the music they produce. At this point, nope... not one bit. It is what it is. But I am guessing most folks would be very surprised outside the neighborhoods.

Just downloaded Pulse of the People. I am working under one crazy theory, (which I do not think is that crazy), that this is not just gansta rap that is problematic (fun fact, very popular among white middle class kids, don't ask me why, just one of those fun facts I discovered). It is becuase it is music of self identification, political awareness and self worth. We can't have that after all.

Think how rock and roll was seen as deviant when it started. I could go on.

So any recommended reading, in particular statistics, will be good.

Realize, trying hard to raise some awareness OUTSIDE the African American community of what is going on.

:rotf:

nadinbrzezinski (135,451 posts)
7. Downloaded the album

as well as my local, rapper faced the judge, tiny doo
The album is out, was out over a year before the murders they wanted to charge with him having anything to do with. because, well Rap

sheshe2 (22,954 posts)
4. Thanks nadin for bringing this to light.

I'm listening.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYMkEMCHtJ4#t=38[/youtube]

11. With some of the background already done this does not shock me or surprise me. This is music of resistance and telling the story of the Bronx in this case. This is inside a very long tradition in the culture. Read the link to an amicus I just posted bellow. It will save me a lot of work. It is a very well put together history and meaning of rap. I am truly looking forwards to reading JZ decoded, 

13. TOmorrow will start this.

More as a series of articles... I think it is time. But still need to do a lot of work before even outlining a thing 

10. I will share this tour de force from the United States Supreme Court

http://www.americanbar.org/content/dam/aba/publications/supreme_court_preview/BriefsV4/13-983_pet_amcu_mbbfap.authcheckdam.pdf

Rap has reached the heights of the SCOTUS a few times. This Amicus brief is an absolute read.

And can any of you imagine the SCOTUS reading this? I can't
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
Re: NADIN to School Black Forum on Hippity Hop!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 07:06:22 AM »
It is becuase it is music of self identification, political awareness and self worth. We can't have that after all.

Even you're not that stupid...... wait.  :thatsright:

More as a series of articles... I think it is time.

DU-RAP! DU-RAP! DU-RAP!

What utter nonsense...........  :mental:

cRap has been around for more than 30 years.  If it's not a thing yet, it never will be.  Yes, white wannabe ganstas like cRap.  Dave Chapelle lampooned that almost 20 years ago, (D)warf.  Dump the little bitchez in the middle of impact zone Detroit and see how long they wish to continue.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 07:18:13 AM by 98ZJUSMC »

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 07:41:45 AM »
Is Nads reporting to us live from 1983 ? I suppose next she will tell us about how break dancing has replaced gangbanging.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 07:55:33 AM »
All this time, I thought gNads has been sitting at home, muttering at the scanner and fuming about being bullied at the DUmp.

No, she has been undercover in San Diego's brutal Hip-Hop culture the whole time!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoOEF1RWCck[/youtube]

More as a series of articles... I think it is time. But still need to do a lot of work before even outlining a thing

TOmorrow. TOmorrow! I can hardly wait. This is like Christmas Eve!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 08:55:47 AM by Big Dog »
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 09:56:47 AM »
I'd rate this 4 1/2  :thatsright:'s, just to leave room for something even more fatuous and silly.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2015, 10:36:01 AM »
I wonder how much the "rap community" raps about hail.
As an aside, I might have used "hate quotes" in that sentence.
I am on the edge of a quotes phenomena I haven't quite perceived yet.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2015, 10:42:12 AM »
I wonder how much the "rap community" raps about hail.
As an aside, I might have used "hate quotes" in that sentence.
I am on the edge of a quotes phenomena I haven't quite perceived yet.

I enj ..... errrrr ..... suffer from hyphenitis and am trying to become a recovering commaholic.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2015, 10:54:31 AM »
I enj ..... errrrr ..... suffer from hyphenitis and am trying to become a recovering commaholic.

"Jake Jarmel"...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSKn8RlD7Is[/youtube]

"My sweatshirt" !!!

"Clark Bar" !!!
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2015, 12:36:41 PM »
nadinbrzezinski (135,451 posts) http://www.democraticunderground.com/118713555

Crowdsourcing research
Looking at RAP and hip hop and how it has been used by prosecutors. Some actually surprise me, Loretta Lynch comes to mind.

Three months ago I would have been shocked if you told me that prosecutors are trying to burn young men for the music they produce. At this point, nope... not one bit. It is what it is. But I am guessing most folks would be very surprised outside the neighborhoods.

Just downloaded Pulse of the People. I am working under one crazy theory, (which I do not think is that crazy), that this is not just gansta rap that is problematic (fun fact, very popular among white middle class kids, don't ask me why, just one of those fun facts I discovered). It is becuase it is music of self identification, political awareness and self worth. We can't have that after all.

Think how rock and roll was seen as deviant when it started. I could go on.

So any recommended reading, in particular statistics, will be good.

Realize, trying hard to raise some awareness OUTSIDE the African American community of what is going on.

Yea, good times and good memories of Elvis and the Beatles singing about killing cops, drugs and smacking the bi*ches around.    :whatever:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2015, 01:18:02 PM »
this does not shock me or surprise me.

The nutcase is back in mid-season form.

She's flexing her brain, stretching her muscles in backwaters like this ghetto forum, but soon she'll assume her rightful place at the pinnacle of the DUmp.

She's tanned, rested, and ready.

Giving orders, misspelling words, back in the saddle.
Read the link to an amicus I just posted bellow. It will save me a lot of work.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2015, 03:04:09 PM »
The bully sharks are mustering the masses.
Rending of the dwarf will begin shortly.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline tanstaafl

• I AM the NRA. And I VOTE
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2015, 03:33:19 PM »
The nutcase is back in mid-season form.

She's flexing her brain, stretching her muscles in backwaters like this ghetto forum, but soon she'll assume her rightful place at the pinnacle of the DUmp.

She's tanned, rested, and ready.

Giving orders, misspelling words, back in the saddle.

I just realized that the 2015 Baseball Season also started yesterday! And my St. Louis Cardinals stand, alone, at the top of the heap.

I give her until the All Star Game. She'll peter out by then.

The Bullies will not be denied!

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2015, 09:04:48 PM »
I used to resent cousin nadin's bullies.
Now I'm seeing they might be on to something

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2015, 09:17:28 PM »
Even you're not that stupid...... wait.  :thatsright:

DU-RAP! DU-RAP! DU-RAP!

What utter nonsense...........  :mental:

cRap has been around for more than 30 years.  If it's not a thing yet, it never will be.  Yes, white wannabe ganstas like cRap.  Dave Chapelle lampooned that almost 20 years ago, (D)warf.  Dump the little bitchez in the middle of impact zone Detroit and see how long they wish to continue.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNrZmqAB11w[/youtube]
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline HawkHogan

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2015, 09:45:50 PM »
Yea, good times and good memories of Elvis and the Beatles singing about killing cops, drugs and smacking the bi*ches around.    :whatever:

Exactly.

That comparison by Nadin was absolutely moronic.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2015, 10:12:10 PM »

:rotf:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYMkEMCHtJ4#t=38[/youtube]
I could actually understand those lyrics  :rotf: he's the Frigging Mozart of rap :lol:

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2015, 12:10:45 AM »
It is becuase it is music of self identification, political awareness and self worth.

Hardly.  It is the music of unfocused rage, sociopathy, and amoral, unchecked narcissism.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2015, 12:20:59 AM »
Hardly.  It is the music of unfocused rage, sociopathy, and amoral, unchecked narcissism.

Can't dance to it either.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2015, 01:22:15 PM »
Can't dance to it either.

There's a reason us RedNecks call it "CRAP"!

I see NadaBrain is still living up to her reputation of bein' one of the stand out stooooopid morons at the DUmp! Do they have a contest or sumpin'?

Some things never change.

BTW, I'm a devout Zeplin fan and never heard them once sing about killin' cops! Hell, even Black Sabath make these "crappers" look like complete idiots! Close as we ever got to degrading women was Dillon's Lay Lady Lay or Stewart's Maggie May!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2015, 01:48:59 PM »
There's a reason us RedNecks call it "CRAP"!

I see NadaBrain is still living up to her reputation of bein' one of the stand out stooooopid morons at the DUmp! Do they have a contest or sumpin'?

Some things never change.

BTW, I'm a devout Zeplin fan and never heard them once sing about killin' cops! Hell, even Black Sabath make these "crappers" look like complete idiots! Close as we ever got to degrading women was Dillon's Lay Lady Lay or Stewart's Maggie May!

Go to the "What are you listening to?" thread in the Lounge, Allo.  There's a version of Ann Wilson of Heart doing "Stairway To Heaven" that brought tears to Robert Plant's eyes (yes, he was there).  It is awesome.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2015, 08:40:06 PM »
Go to the "What are you listening to?" thread in the Lounge, Allo.  There's a version of Ann Wilson of Heart doing "Stairway To Heaven" that brought tears to Robert Plant's eyes (yes, he was there).  It is awesome.

Yeah, brought tears to my eyes first time I heard it. I saw Heart before Nancy ballooned out to blimp status. Back when Barracuda was in the top 40. Ann is still HOT! Still got a crush on that babe! Good looker and plays guitar! Can't ask for a better fantasy!

Offline longview

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2015, 09:58:21 PM »
Granted, Nads is a nutcase, as is the rest of the DUmp. but day-umn, there is a piece of me that feels sorry for the hood rats.  Those at the DUmp have never done anything good for anybody.

I was a street urchin, once upon a time, and I hitchhiked out of there.  I wonder what the difference between me and anyone else who doesn't like the life there is? 

I feel like throwing them a rope and yelling "Come on!  Grab hold!  You can live a better life!"  But they don't.  I've sponsored a couple kids, and I'm only at 50% success rate.   :???:  And that took a couple run ins with the cops, which I let them go through.  Never offered to help on those deals.   Actually, both the young guys are doing okay now.  I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop, kind of.

I had some of the kids' family out.  One of the younger ones saw me making pancakes and just laughed and laughed.  "She thinks she can make pancakes!  Don't they got no stores out here?"  The older brother came in and showed off his ability to flip them in a pan.  That took a lot of practice for him with half and dozen rubbery old pancakes one day.

They don't know nothin' when they leave the hood.

Anyway, I have a soft spot in my heart with a big wall around it, for people who live there.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2015, 11:33:00 PM »
11. With some of the background already done this does not shock me or surprise me. This is music of resistance and telling the story of the Bronx in this case. This is inside a very long tradition in the culture. Read the link to an amicus I just posted bellow. It will save me a lot of work. It is a very well put together history and meaning of rap. I am truly looking forwards to reading JZ decoded

I feel ya dog. All about da struggle...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APBvUG0QqXk[/youtube]

Just gotta keeps it real.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2015, 11:36:53 PM »
It takes a nadin to school blacks on their own music.

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2015, 12:19:11 AM »
Granted, Nads is a nutcase, as is the rest of the DUmp. but day-umn, there is a piece of me that feels sorry for the hood rats.  Those at the DUmp have never done anything good for anybody.

I was a street urchin, once upon a time, and I hitchhiked out of there.  I wonder what the difference between me and anyone else who doesn't like the life there is? 

I feel like throwing them a rope and yelling "Come on!  Grab hold!  You can live a better life!"  But they don't.  I've sponsored a couple kids, and I'm only at 50% success rate.   :???:  And that took a couple run ins with the cops, which I let them go through.  Never offered to help on those deals.   Actually, both the young guys are doing okay now.  I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop, kind of.

I had some of the kids' family out.  One of the younger ones saw me making pancakes and just laughed and laughed.  "She thinks she can make pancakes!  Don't they got no stores out here?"  The older brother came in and showed off his ability to flip them in a pan.  That took a lot of practice for him with half and dozen rubbery old pancakes one day.

They don't know nothin' when they leave the hood.

Anyway, I have a soft spot in my heart with a big wall around it, for people who live there.

Trust me, we've tried over and over. There have been a few willing to actually debate, but for the most part they hide in their protected little hive.

What gets me is the censorship they put up with, while at the same time, calling everyone else closed-minded. The DUmp is a contradiction of it's own terms.

They'll be the first ones to cry foul if anyone disagrees with their warped philosophy.

They forever sound and act like 5 year old's who if they don't get their way, they take their ball and go home. Then tattle on everyone else. Snitch or snatch, you decide.