Author Topic: Colleges using coffers for financial aid to illegal immigrants stirs debate on i  (Read 2392 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Colleges using coffers for financial aid to illegal immigrants stirs debate on immigration reform
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/02/28/colleges-using-their-own-coffers-for-financial-aid-to-illegal-immigrants-stirs/

Several U.S. colleges are giving financial aid directly to students who are young illegal immigrants, extending the debate about helping people in the United States illegally at the expense of Americans who are in need of similar opportunities.

Such opportunities have opened up since President Obama's 2012 executive action that deferred deportation to millions of young people brought to the U.S. illegally by their parents. However, they still are largely ineligible for state or federal student aid.

New York University -- which receives federal, state and city money -- says the aid given to illegal immigrants is not at the expense of American students.

Illegals should not be in America period. Just get in the line and get the proper papers done.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
When anyone talks about comprehensive immigration reform, reach for your wallet and see if it's still there.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
With the kind of money most of these colleges have stashed away, there shouldn't be another damned dime of government confiscated money landing in their hands. :ranton:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus