Author Topic: '9/11 Mastermind' In Gitmo Facing NY Trial  (Read 6182 times)

Offline Peter3_1

'9/11 Mastermind' In Gitmo Facing NY Trial
« on: November 13, 2009, 09:02:48 AM »

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed is to stand trial in a civilian court in New York along with the other 9/11 suspects who were being held in the US military prison in Cuba.

The five were being prosecuted at Guantanamo, but Barack Obama's administration has pledged to close it.

Mohammed, Waleed bin Attash, Ramzi Binalshibh, Mustafa Ahmad al Hawsawi and Ali Abd al Aziz Ali are accused of orchestrating the attacks that killed 2,973 people in 2001.

Mohammed told interrogators he masterminded the deadly strikes, which involved hijackers crashing passenger planes in New York and Washington.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/September-11-Mastermind-Khalid-Sheikh-Mohammed-In-Guantanamo-Bay-Facing-New-York-9-11-Trial/Article/200911215452898

Five shipped to NYC for CIVILIAN trial from Gitmo. Including Moussaui .  The creep Holder is facing the public while Barry ( I have a gift) wows them in Asia!Not to mention just having flat rejected the Afganistan  mil. pland offering nothing for guidance .

Barry should be fired. hE IS COMPLETELY INCOMPETENT and surrounds himself with equally incompetent advisors.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 11:13:38 AM by Thor »

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: '9/11 Mastermind' In Gitmo Facing NY Trial
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 09:16:06 AM »
These trials should turn into two-more-years-plus cluster****s now.  Wouldn't surprise me if there are some acquittals due to the fact that coping with civilian criminal law evidence rules in a Federal court were the last thing on anyone's mind when these guys were captured.   
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 09:17:45 AM »
Welcome to our justice system :mental:
Good girls are bad girls that never get caught.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 11:06:28 AM »
I worry for anyone who has to live near there.  That will be the most dangerous area on Earth while those trials are going on.  This is probably one of the most incredibly stupid stunts I have ever seen.
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 11:19:41 AM »
This could get really ugly....

1. they've been imprisoned for 6 yrs with no charges filed in federal court....violates the right to a speedy trial.

2. they were "tortured" to get info.....human rights issue.   :sarcasm:

3. held without formal federal charges....I think there's a time limit of 72 hrs where something must be filed.

4. they will be able to plead the 5th....

5. past deeds will not be able to be mentioned unless the judge rules them admissable.

those were just ones I thought of off the top of my head....may not be totally correct, but I think a defense lawyer could use them....

edited by me to clarify the torture comment....
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 01:22:28 PM by debk »
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 11:20:01 AM »
I worry for anyone who has to live near there.  That will be the most dangerous area on Earth while those trials are going on.  This is probably one of the most incredibly stupid stunts I have ever seen.

One must remember that they will be in the midst of those that voted overwhelmingly for "Hope and Change".........I would have little pity for these folks if the results of their election choice came back to bite them in the ass..........

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2009, 11:21:12 AM »
I worry for anyone who has to live near there.  That will be the most dangerous area on Earth while those trials are going on.  This is probably one of the most incredibly stupid stunts I have ever seen.

Terrorists hit weakness, not strength.  Any demands may have to do with these guys, but the heavy security around the trials will make the actual site one of the least likely targets.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 12:03:04 PM by DumbAss Tanker »
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2009, 11:27:54 AM »
And now, it's time for another episode of...

"What Could Possibly Go Wrong?"

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2009, 11:29:57 AM »
Terrorists heat weakness, not strength.  Any demands may have to do with these guys, but the heavy security around the trials will make the actual site one of the least likely targets.

They are so politically correct in NY they'll let the terrorists walk right into the courtroom! Heavy security my ass! You might see an increased presence, but what will their orders contain? Besides, it's not like they're going to be military, the guys who actually have the appropriate training.
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Alpha Mare

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2009, 11:43:49 AM »
I'll be surprised if they don't set them free.
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
    - Charlton Heston

Offline bkg

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2009, 11:48:46 AM »
Welcome to our justice political system :mental:

fixed for you.

Holder is a moron.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2009, 12:00:15 PM »
fixed for you.

Holder is a moron.

That's a compliment... :censored:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2009, 12:07:14 PM »
Too bad we can't give them flying lessons over the Atlantic.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2009, 12:17:06 PM »
What good does it do to capture enemy combatants, if all that's going to happen is that they will be read their Miranda Rights, flown to the States, and be tried in a civilian criminal court?

Troop morale In Country just dropped 50%. Thank you Dear Leader.

p.s.-Didja ever notice how these big decisions are announced on fridays when Dear Leader is away? Hmmmmm....

The Cloward-Piven Strategy of Orchestrated Crisis strikes again.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 12:18:48 PM by ColonialMarine0431 »
I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2009, 12:36:42 PM »
Deb...,

Tortured.......wish they had been, but there was nothing done to him/them that was not and has not been done in military training. Further, it continues to go on.

I say, some might be "difficult" to endure if you are not familiar with the way, or are a big wave surfer, but it is not torture.

Torture is what the Japaneese did in WW2 not what has been done here since at least 1966 in E&E exercises.

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2009, 01:18:21 PM »
fixed for you.

Holder is a moron.

Thanks  :evillaugh:

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2009, 01:20:51 PM »
Deb...,

Tortured.......wish they had been, but there was nothing done to him/them that was not and has not been done in military training. Further, it continues to go on.

I say, some might be "difficult" to endure if you are not familiar with the way, or are a big wave surfer, but it is not torture.

Torture is what the Japaneese did in WW2 not what has been done here since at least 1966 in E&E exercises.

Peter....I will go back and put "tortured" in parentheses...and add the sarcasm smilie. Thanks....

I was referring the the "assumed" torture that the defense would use....not that I felt that they had really been tortured.

Personally, if someone had held blowtorches to the bottom of their feet...I would feel that it was justified.

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2009, 02:11:53 PM »

Peter....I will go back and put "tortured" in parentheses...and add the sarcasm smilie. Thanks....

I was referring the the "assumed" torture that the defense would use....not that I felt that they had really been tortured.

Personally, if someone had held blowtorches to the bottom of their feet...I would feel that it was justified.

That is too nice I would rather them be hung by their nuts

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2009, 02:24:46 PM »
Shouldn't they have been tried a long time ago right after they were caught in military court. Having a trial in New York is not a good idea. It's going to be a real mess.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline JakeStyle

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2009, 03:37:11 PM »
This will just enable the media to put the Bush Admin and the CIA on trial and ratchet up the BDS again, while providing cover for Obama.  It's going to be a circus.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2009, 03:59:50 PM »
This will just enable the media to put the Bush Admin and the CIA on trial and ratchet up the BDS again, while providing cover for Obama.  It's going to be a circus.

I think you've hit on the whole purpose for bringing them to NYC.

Listening to Fox this afternoon....Obama might just have stepped into doo=doo up to his armpits instead.

Rudy Guiliani was on Cavuto...to say he's upset is an understatement.

These terrorists could very well end up going free.....

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2009, 04:22:40 PM »
This could get really ugly....

1. they've been imprisoned for 6 yrs with no charges filed in federal court....violates the right to a speedy trial.

2. they were "tortured" to get info.....human rights issue.   :sarcasm:

3. held without formal federal charges....I think there's a time limit of 72 hrs where something must be filed.

4. they will be able to plead the 5th....

5. past deeds will not be able to be mentioned unless the judge rules them admissable.

those were just ones I thought of off the top of my head....may not be totally correct, but I think a defense lawyer could use them....

edited by me to clarify the torture comment....

But they're not US citizens and shouldn't be tried as such.  They should receive the same justice Daniel Pearl received, televised too.  Some scumbag lawyer is going to get them off on a technicality.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2009, 04:24:34 PM »
Oh, and a jury of their peers? Chris Matthews and Bill Ayers aren't New Yorkers

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2009, 06:08:21 PM »
But they're not US citizens and shouldn't be tried as such.  They should receive the same justice Daniel Pearl received, televised too.  Some scumbag lawyer is going to get them off on a technicality.

No they aren't US citizens....but they ARE going to be tried as such.

And the chance that they will get off on a technicality ....after being at Gitmo for 6 years....is probably pretty strong.

To say this sucks is such an understatement.... :maddernhell:

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2009, 06:09:15 PM »
Shouldn't they also be tried in Arlington and Shanksville 9/11 happened there also? Anyways, this opens a Pandora's Box and I fear this will be a media circus. Not a good thing. I wonder why it took so long and why the military didn't try them immediately?
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du