Author Topic: Detroit mayor faces new charges after night in jail  (Read 1271 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Detroit mayor faces new charges after night in jail
« on: August 08, 2008, 12:32:28 PM »
apparently, you could significantly reduce the crime rate in detriot (sic) just by keeping the mayor
in jail.

Detroit mayor faces new charges after night in jail

DETROIT, Michigan (CNN) -- After spending a night in jail, Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick faces new felony charges even as a judge ruled Friday that he could go free if he wears a tracking device and doesn't leave town

Kilpatrick's lawyers are negotiating his surrender on charges of assaulting or obstructing two police officers who attempted to serve a subpoena, Michigan Attorney General Mike Cox said.

If convicted, Kilpatrick could face up to two years in prison, Cox told reporters. He also would be unable to serve as mayor.

"In almost 20 years as a prosecutor and now as attorney general, I cannot recall one case where someone has assaulted a police officer who was attempting to serve a subpoena," Cox said.

Kilpatrick's latest legal skirmish began July 24 when two officers attempted to serve a subpoena on a friend who was a potential witness in Kilpatrick's pending perjury case, Cox said. He alleged that an "irate and angry" Kilpatrick grabbed one of the officers and shoved him into the other, screaming at both of them and using abusive language.

More

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Detroit mayor faces new charges after night in jail
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 12:33:50 PM »
God.Damn.

This shithead isn't exactly the brightest bulb in the box, is he?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 12:49:48 PM »
God.Damn.

He is going to be removed from office pretty quickly here! Jenny "from the block "Granholm no longer has a choice. She will have to remove him from office with eight felonies hanging over his head.
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2008, 12:58:43 PM »
God.Damn.

He is going to be removed from office pretty quickly here! Jenny "from the block "Granholm no longer has a choice. She will have to remove him from office with eight felonies hanging over his head.

but-but-but he was democratically elected!  He can't be REMOVED.  That would be overturning the last election. 

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2008, 01:13:19 PM »
God.Damn.

Nope but then again he is a liberal Democrat.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"