Author Topic: Fundamentalist U.S. church could picket McLean funeral  (Read 1776 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Fundamentalist U.S. church could picket McLean funeral
« on: August 05, 2008, 11:40:27 PM »
Fundamentalist U.S. church could picket McLean funeral
Mary Vallis, National Post 
Published: Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Members of the controversial Westboro Baptist Church are threatening to picket the funeral of Tim McLean, the young man decapitated on a Greyhound bus last week.

The Kansas-based church - a small fundamentalist sect led by Fred Phelps - is reviled in the United States for protesting the funerals of hundreds of soldiers killed in the Iraq war. The sect gained notoriety in the 1990s by picketing the funeral of Matthew Shepard, a young gay man beaten to death in Wyoming.

Seven members of the church originally planned to picket theatre performances in Toronto and Red Deer, Alta., later this week. They recently added Mr. McLean's Manitoba funeral to their itinerary and plan to stand outside the service with signs reading "God hates you," "the wrath of God is revealed," and "God hates Canada." God is sending a message through Tim McLean's murder that He and the commandments must be obeyed, Ms. Phelps-Roper said.

Full Article

=================================================

WTF???????????????? What did Tim McLean do to WBC?????? He didn't insult them. Stupid morons!!!!!!  :bird:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Airwolf

Re: Fundamentalist U.S. church could picket McLean funeral
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 04:01:57 PM »
If only they would get a beating like they deserve
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 04:50:26 PM »
I think Canada has some very strict Hate Speech laws.  I'll bet some of them get arrested if they carry out these plans.

Amazing doings in Canada

A Christian pastor who conveyed the Biblical view of homosexuality has just been found guilty of hate speech by one of Canada's notorious "human rights" kangaroo courts. He has been ordered never again to say anything negative about homosexuals, has been fined $5,000 and ordered to publicly recant his views. The latter order is straight out of the old Soviet legal system, of course. I know of no court anywhere else in the world where people can be ordered to avow a belief that they do not hold.

http://snorphty.blogspot.com/2008/06/amazing-doings-in-canada-christian.html

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 07:18:13 PM »
If only they would get a beating like they deserve

If only people would understand that calling this ass and his church fundamentalist is not understanding the fundamentals...
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 09:14:38 PM »
Hell is awaiting for Fred Phelps.  :evillaugh:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 07:18:09 AM »
I think Canada has some very strict Hate Speech laws.  I'll bet some of them get arrested if they carry out these plans.

Amazing doings in Canada

A Christian pastor who conveyed the Biblical view of homosexuality has just been found guilty of hate speech by one of Canada's notorious "human rights" kangaroo courts. He has been ordered never again to say anything negative about homosexuals, has been fined $5,000 and ordered to publicly recant his views. The latter order is straight out of the old Soviet legal system, of course. I know of no court anywhere else in the world where people can be ordered to avow a belief that they do not hold.

Look at what just happened to Mark Steyn in British Columbia..............Canada has no free speech.
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 08:48:25 AM »

Amazing doings in Canada

Look at what just happened to Mark Steyn in British Columbia..............Canada has no free speech.

That's why I hope these A$$holes go to Canada and preach their hatred. Maybe they'll be locked up for a long time up there.