Author Topic: Morgan Freeman hospitalized after accident  (Read 8751 times)

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
Morgan Freeman hospitalized after accident
« on: August 04, 2008, 11:28:24 AM »
http://www.wmctv.com/global/story.asp?s=8783679

MEMPHIS, TN (WMC-TV) - Academy Award winning actor Morgan Freeman was involved in a serious car accident Sunday night in north Mississippi.

Mississippi Highway Patrol spokesperson Ben Williams said Freeman and a female passenger were traveling eastbound on Mississippi Highway 32 in Tallahatchie County when his vehicle went off the edge of the road.  Freeman overcorrected, flipping his 1997 Nissan Maxima several times before coming to a rest.

Emergency crews extracted Freeman and his passenger from their vehicle using the jaws of life.  According to Williams, they were both airlifted to the Regional Medical Center in Memphis, where Freeman was listed in serious condition Monday morning. (more at link)

He is my favorite actor of all time!  I hope he is OK. :bawl:
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
Re: Morgan Freeman hospitalized after accident
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 11:30:29 AM »
I hope Miss Daisy is okay.

Alright... I got that out of my system.

I hope he recovers completely.  He's one of my favorite actors. 

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Actor Morgan Freeman hospitalized at The MED after accident
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 11:31:17 AM »
prayers for Morgan Freeman. :(

MEMPHIS, TN (WMC-TV) - Academy Award winning actor Morgan Freeman was involved in a serious car accident Sunday night in north Mississippi.

Mississippi Highway Patrol spokesperson Ben Williams said Freeman and a female passenger were traveling eastbound on Mississippi Highway 32 in Tallahatchie County when his vehicle went off the edge of the road.  Freeman overcorrected, flipping his 1997 Nissan Maxima several times before coming to a rest.

Emergency crews extracted Freeman and his passenger from their vehicle using the jaws of life.  According to Williams, they were both airlifted to the Regional Medical Center in Memphis, where Freeman was listed in serious condition Monday morning.

The condition of Freeman's passenger has not been released.

Freeman, who won an Academy Award for his performance in 2004's Million Dollar Baby, is a co-owner of the Ground Zero Blues Club in Memphis.  He currently stars in the Batman sequel The Dark Knight.

Link

Offline Wretched Excess

Re: Actor Morgan Freeman hospitalized at The MED after accident
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 11:32:30 AM »

yeah, yeah, I know, I know.  I see it.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 12:58:26 PM »

Mississippi Highway Patrol spokesperson Ben Williams said Freeman, 71, and a passenger, Demaris Meyer, were traveling eastbound on Mississippi Highway 32 around 11:30pm in Tallahatchie County when his vehicle went off the edge of the road.  Freeman overcorrected, flipping his 1997 Nissan Maxima several times before coming to a rest.

Emergency crews removed Freeman and Meyer from the vehicle using the jaws of life.  According to Williams, they were both airlifted to the Regional Medical Center in Memphis.

Hope he's okay.  I could listen to that voice all day.  Loved his role in Shawshank Redemption.

MORE
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 12:59:18 PM »
Prayers for his speedy recovery.  Great actor, but a standard Hollywood lib-bot (*sigh*).
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 01:01:22 PM »

how many times are we going to post this thread? :-)

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 01:03:13 PM »

I am going to transport this thread to BN.  of the three people that have posted it, the majority of them
seem to think that it belongs in BN. :-)

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2008, 01:03:38 PM »
I hope he's okay. 
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2008, 01:04:53 PM »
I hoke he's ok.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2008, 01:09:35 PM »

how many times are we going to post this thread? :-)
Now that you've moved it where it belongs...only 6 or 7 more times.   :tongue: :innocent:

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2008, 01:30:30 PM »
I bet the death hawks in the left-stream media have their obituaries all prepared already.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2008, 01:37:21 PM »
I JUST HEARD THAT MORGAN FREE....

oh.

j/k

Hope he's ok. I love his work.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Chris_

Re: Alternate Ending to Morgan Freeman's Accident
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2008, 01:59:27 PM »
[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yMwmqp3GLMc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yMwmqp3GLMc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Best wishes for a speedy recovery to Mr. Freeman.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2008, 02:03:20 PM »
I hope he recovers. He's a good actor. He might be a liberal but he isn't flaunting it in everyones face.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2008, 05:52:57 PM »
Class act that Mr. Freeman. I don't really care that he's a liberal. He's never been a moonbat. He's done a LOT for the Delta region.

If they took him to the Med, he's in excellent hands. Best hospital around. At least it used to be.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2008, 05:54:39 PM »
I have always loved Morgan Freeman, I wish him well.  Doesn't he have the most marvelous smile?!?

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2008, 08:47:50 PM »
Everyone in Hollywood is going to be sending him flowers.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2008, 12:37:00 AM »
While Morgan Freeman is a decent actor, there are a multitude of actors that can replace him. While he hasn't rubbed our noses in his politics, he HAS spoken out with the typical Hollywierd-ite vitriol. I could GAFF about anybody in Hollywierd. They're just overpaid bards and jesters.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2008, 12:42:12 AM »
While Morgan Freeman is a decent actor, there are a multitude of actors that can replace him. While he hasn't rubbed our noses in his politics, he HAS spoken out with the typical Hollywierd-ite vitriol. I could GAFF about anybody in Hollywierd. They're just overpaid bards and jesters.

He's a fellow homeboy and a DAMN good actor. Who is better? He also wasn't always an actor. Hell, he didn't land his first role until he was about 43.

Read the report. He was heading back to his house in Charleston, Ms, on HWY 32, and driving a friend's '97 Nissan Maxima. That's an 12 year old car, assuming it was bought in '96. What MAJOR actor, and he IS a major actor, drives something like that? He has NEVER lost his roots. He co-owns a Blues club in my grandfather's hometown of Clarksdale, Ms. He ain't no Hollywood type. He may be a Democrat, but he ain't no moonbat.

/Mississippi vernacular off.  :-)
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2008, 12:50:25 AM »
While he really isn't a "homeboy", Rebel, my respect for him did raise a notch. He DID serve in the USAF for a while. (He apparently served USAF as a jet mechanic from 1955-1959.) He was born in Memphis, Tn. He just grew up in MS.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2008, 12:53:43 AM »
While he really isn't a "homeboy", Rebel, my respect for him did raise a notch. He DID serve in the USAF for a while. (He apparently served USAF as a jet mechanic from 1955-1959.) He was born in Memphis, Tn. He just grew up in MS.

Neal Boortz was born in Bryn Mawr, Pa. Doesn't mean he's a Pennsylvanian, and he'll tell you he's not a Pennsylvanian. His father was a career Marine pilot. Where you're born isn't as important as where you're raised. I don't consider myself a Brandonian.....even though I was born in Brandon, Ms.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2008, 06:10:02 AM »
MS Homegirl checking in. :-)

Dunno if a lot of people realize this......the Northern part of MS - especially the Northwestern corner that borders the river) is really considered an outlying area of the greater Memphis metropolitan area. Plus, for a long time there were no major hospitals in that part of Ms. That's why I was born in Memphis even though my parents had a MS address. They had to drive into downtown Memphis to go to the hospital. It wasn't a long drive, about 10 minutes.

So in a nutshell, you can be from MS and be born in Memphis and/or grow up there. I went to school in both places. I consider MS my home but I cannot leave out the time I've spent in Memphis. It's also easier when explaining to folks who aren't familiar with the area on a map.

/Mississippi girl off :-)
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris_

Re: Alternate Ending to Morgan Freeman's Accident
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2008, 06:38:07 AM »
[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yMwmqp3GLMc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yMwmqp3GLMc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Best wishes for a speedy recovery to Mr. Freeman.

That is Samuel L. Jackson not Morgan Freeman.

This is Morgan Freeman.

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2008, 01:06:49 PM »
I spent a year at NATTC Millington. It's just outside of Memphis. I know the proximity of MS to TN. Hell, my ancestors are from Al, MS, LA, and oopps..... PA...  :tongue:

(Had to be a damned Yankee in there someplace!!)  :o