Author Topic: Robert Novak Hospitalized With Brain Tumor  (Read 1235 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Robert Novak Hospitalized With Brain Tumor
« on: July 28, 2008, 01:30:32 PM »

Columnist Robert Novak was diagnosed with a brain tumor on Sunday and admitted to a Boston hospital.

“On Sunday, July 27, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor. I have been admitted to Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston, where doctors will soon begin appropriate treatment. I will be suspending my journalistic work for an indefinite but, God willing, not too lengthy period," Novak, 77, said in a statement to his publisher, according to HumanEvents.com.

link

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: Robert Novak Hospitalized With Brain Tumor
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 01:48:27 PM »
Prayers to Mr. Novak.  The DUmp must be in full orgasm over this.  :censored:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 04:48:29 PM »
Prayers to him on a speedy recovery. It is unfortuneate however that since Ted Kennedy had discovered his own turmor and the hospitalization it brought on that the Dumpmonkies won't be showing alot of sympathy for Novak that most of us showed Kennedy while he was down.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 11:28:58 PM »
Prayers to him on a speedy recovery. It is unfortuneate however that since Ted Kennedy had discovered his own turmor and the hospitalization it brought on that the Dumpmonkies won't be showing alot of sympathy for Novak that most of us showed Kennedy while he was down.

Kennedy is a murderer, or , at a minimum, an accessory to murder. Novak, to my knowledge, seems to have led a pretty honest and sober life. Therein lies the difference.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 11:37:36 PM »
Prayers for Mr. Novak and his family.

He sometimes wobbled off what I would call message, but his optimism and humor were never flagging.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 10:48:52 AM »
is his brain tumor newly discovered after he hit someone with his car? i wonder if the two are related...

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008, 12:04:24 PM »
The accident could have made the ability to drive. My Dad died of brain tumors (aMONG OTHER THINGS) and he had motor control problems tward the end.

I did n otice Mr. Novak seemed to have more symparthy for the liberal position of late, perhaps the tumopr sxplains it.

Anyway, all the best for him on the outcome of his treatment, and hope his winning personality is restored to its old attitude.