Author Topic: FBI Raids Cuyahoga County Offices  (Read 1919 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
FBI Raids Cuyahoga County Offices
« on: July 28, 2008, 12:26:14 PM »
FBI Raids County Offices

The Fox 8 I-Team has confirmed that federal agents swooped into the Cuyahoga County Administration Building this morning - armed with search warrants.

A well-placed source tells the I-Team's Bill Sheil that federal agents were searching the offices of Cuyahoga County Commissioner Jimmy DiMora, County Auditor Frank Russo, the County Engineer's office, and the Information Services department; which is a wing of Russo's office.

Dozens of employees working in DiMora's office and Russo's office were questioned by the FBI, then told to go home for the day.

The FBI confirms to Fox 8 News that agents from the Internal Revenue Service were also actively involved in the search.

The FBI tells the I-Team's Tom Merriman that the search involves hundreds of agents and multiple locations.

More

Offline Airwolf

Re: FBI Raids Cuyahoga County Offices
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 04:50:12 PM »
Damn, the only thing missing in that search was 60 Minutes and Dateline. when the FBI and the IRS is looking around your office your going to have a very bad day.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 01:16:48 PM »

follow up . . . .

Cuyahoga County Corruption Scandal: When Friendships Go Bad

FBI and IRS agents served 10 search warrants on Monday at Cuyahoga County offices, business, and homes in connection with an ongoing public corruption investigation. 200 FBI agents, some brought in from nearby Pittsburgh, were on hand to assist with the searches, and raided several locations including the county administration building, an engineer's office, and information services center, and several businesses within the county.

Auditor Frank Russo and Commissioner Jimmy Dimora's offices were searched along with the rest of the third and fourth floors of the administration building. FBI vehicles were also spotted at the two county officials' homes.

Staff at the county's info services center were sent as they were unable to do their work during the raid. The center does computer work for various county agencies.

J. Kevin Kelly, who serves as the director of of the county's geographical information system, is also believed to have been searched. He is not to be confused with Cleveland city councilman Kevin J. Kelly, who released a statement reiterating that he is not the subject of a federal investigation.

Federal agents also entered four local businesses: DAS Construction Co. (Garfield Heights), Blaze Construction (Berea), Doan Pyramid Electric (Bedford Heights), and Vincore Corp. (Richmond Heights).

More

Offline Airedale

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 09:12:04 PM »
I heard part of an impromptu news conference on the local radio station ( WTAM 1100 AM ). I guess the the county commissioners "won" low bid contracts and had free work done,on the taxpayers dime, to their own private properties.

It's going to be an interesting week.

people will go to minimum security prison  ::)
stand by

:popcorn:

funny, no mention of this story at the dump

Offline Airedale

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 09:15:35 PM »
oh, and on a side note. I saw Marine 1 land at Burke lakefront airport.
Guess Bush went to Lincoln electric today and gave a speach.
among other places.

yes.

it's all comming together.
Things are starting to fall in place now

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 09:34:55 PM »
Pittsburgh is 'nearby' Cleveland? I guess if 100+ miles away is nearby. Corrupt politicians? In Cuyahoga? This definitely hugh and series.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Bluesuiter-Retired

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2008, 08:37:46 AM »
Does anyone else one glaring ommission from the story?

The party to which, those being investigated, belong to.  That usually means they are democrats because the media finds it hard to find space to identify party affiliation when the person is a democrat, but when the person being investigated the media makes room so they can identify the person as a republican.
America - Love It, or LEAVE

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2008, 03:30:12 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if they are Democrats. They are big in that part of Ohio.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2008, 03:51:36 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if they are Democrats. They are big in that part of Ohio.

oh, indeed they are.

for The BarackStar! to win ohio, cuyahoga county is going to have to turn out BIG, including pets and dead people.  this will only make that effort more difficult.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2008, 04:21:25 PM »
I just came back from visiting family up in Cuyahoga Falls.....every last one of them is a Democrat.

I felt like a cat in a room full of rocking chairs.... :o
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2008, 05:01:36 PM »

The party to which, those being investigated, belong to.  That usually means they are democrats because the media finds it hard to find space to identify party affiliation when the person is a democrat, but when the person being investigated the media makes room so they can identify the person as a republican.

H5 for the point.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2008, 05:47:35 PM »

Usually right in the stinkin' headline.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2008, 06:23:24 PM »
Damn, the only thing missing in that search was 60 Minutes and Dateline. when the FBI and the IRS is looking around your office your going to have a very bad day.

I didn't even think Quahog is ready for that.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.