Author Topic: Rockhead has a message for us  (Read 706 times)

Offline Mary Ann

Rockhead has a message for us
« on: December 23, 2020, 05:22:52 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100214753662

MineralMan (135,151 posts)

Dear Right-Wing Christians:

Don't look now, but consider that, if your deity exists, It might be testing you. Don't believe in Covid-19? Maybe that's the test. Think about it. Your deity has often tested people, according to your scripture. Are you smarter than your deity? Then just keep denying reality. Good luck with that...
Now, I know a LOT of right--wing Christians--actually, I may be one--but I know no one who doesn't think that Covid 19 is real. This is just another one of those accusations that the DUpipo throw at us to convince us that they are oh, so superior to us, because they believe in science. (Of course, they also believe that xx =/= female and xy=/= male, because NOT science, or something, and that a 9-month fetus isn't a living human being.)

What I'm wondering is why these so superior beings ask a question on DU, where if one of us dared to answer it, we would be banned immediately. Doesn't seem very smart to me...

Offline SVPete

Re: Rockhead has a message for us
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2020, 06:16:03 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100214753662
Now, I know a LOT of right--wing Christians--actually, I may be one--but I know no one who doesn't think that Covid 19 is real. This is just another one of those accusations that the DUpipo throw at us to convince us that they are oh, so superior to us, because they believe in science. (Of course, they also believe that xx =/= female and xy=/= male, because NOT science, or something, and that a 9-month fetus isn't a living human being.)

What I'm wondering is why these so superior beings ask a question on DU, where if one of us dared to answer it, we would be banned immediately. Doesn't seem very smart to me...

DUpipo professing to understand "right-wing Christians" are as hilarious as when they profess to understand conservatives and Rs. An Evangelical Christian organization with which I'm familiar that does 3-6 month training "schools" for its people currently does the sessions as "pods" in which those receiving and giving training are an isolated group for the duration of the training. Closer to home, my Evangelical Christian congregation has not met indoors since March.

Before DUpipo ever started "social distancing" they'd been practicing reality distancing for years and decades.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2020, 07:29:56 PM »

Don't look now, but consider that, if your deity exists, It might be testing you. Don't believe in Covid-19? Maybe that's the test. Think about it. Your deity has often tested people, according to your scripture. Are you smarter than your deity? Then just keep denying reality. Good luck with that...

Dear mineralman: 

you seem to take pleasure in mocking and challenging Christians about their faith and their God.  But stop for a minute and consider this when your time on this planet comes to an end:

If they are wrong, then you are good

but if they are right, then you are so fukked.  Good luck with that....
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2020, 08:00:30 PM »

Sigh. Not all Christians are right-wing.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2020, 08:21:02 PM »
Dear mineralman: 

you seem to take pleasure in mocking and challenging Christians about their faith and their God.  But stop for a minute and consider this when your time on this planet comes to an end:

If they are wrong, then you are good

but if they are right, then you are so fukked.  Good luck with that....

One has to understand where Minnesota Moses is coming from.

The guy's far from young, and aware that every night he pitches his tent one day's march nearer the mausoleum.

So the thought of his mortality disturbs him.

Of course he doesn't believe in Heaven or Hell or some sort of Eternal Life past this one; he believes that when one dies, one is abruptly extinguished, like the flame of a candle being flicked out.

He believes one goes into an Infinite Void.

He's scared, and so he mocks God and all those who honor God.

Too bad for Minnesota Moses.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2020, 08:22:06 PM »
Sigh. Not all Christians are right-wing.

And not all conservatives fit into their stereotype of "Christian".  Leftists rely on tired tropes to paint every Republican and conservative as the same flavor. 
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2020, 08:24:19 PM »
When I saw the title, I knew it was going to be Rockhead making a bigoted, insulting, ignorant comment about Christians and their faith that really reveals nothing except for the fact that Rockhead knows absolutely nothing about conservative Christians and their beliefs. Rockhead really is so predictable. Sad, too, as spewing that much hatred into the world really is a miserable way to live.
I'm a conservative Christian, and not only do I not believe that COVID is a hoax (At least three friends of mine contracted mild cases of it), I haven't come across any other conservative Christians who believe it is a hoax, either.
However, a couple things I DO believe are that many in power (ESPECIALLY on the left) have been exploiting COVID as an excuse to try and gain more control over people's lives, and that paranoia over the virus has been more destructive than the virus itself.
 I absolutely believe in the virus itself, though, that it does pose a threat, and I will get myself vaccinated as soon as I'm allowed to.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2020, 09:40:43 PM »
If only the stupidity of liberals were limited to a single topic, for example the beliefs of evangelical Christians, we could count ourselves as lucky indeed.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2020, 09:49:13 PM »
And lo, in His wrath, the Lord sent forth the angel of death.
And the angel moved through all the land, stopping at each dwelling; be it the children of Israel or Egyptian.
And, if the angel saw the blood of the lamb on the lintel of the door, it passed over that dwelling
But if the angel saw not the blood, it sleweth 0.02% of the first born males.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline ExGeeEye

• We don't need another
  • Spread the work ethic; the wealth will follow.
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2020, 06:24:28 AM »
"My faith teaches me to feel as safe on the battlefield as in my bed.  God has fixed my time to die, and neither I nor any enemy has the power to alter or prevent it."

--paraphrase of a statement attributed to Thomas J. "Stonewall" Jackson, who was shot in a friendly-fire incident and might have lived but for the pneumonia.

"... it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment..."

--Hebrews 9:27.  I believe that to be a Divinely decreed appointment, immutable from the beginning of time.  Even murders and suicides are the keeping of that appointment by violent means.

I believe in the untestable idea that if I invented time travel and stopped John W. Booth from shooting President Lincoln, we would read in today's histories that Lincoln suffered a stroke or something at the appointed moment.

Will I die of COVID?  Eh... whatever.

On that cheery note, Merry Christmas!  I'll be going to play with my nephew and his new legos.  Maybe I'll die of stepping on one
My CCW permit was issued in 1791.

Charter Member: Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy
Associate Member: Basket of Deplorables
Charter Member: Listless Vessels