Author Topic: As predicted- It's bash the Salvation Army time of year- Pittster starts it off  (Read 1083 times)

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,80295.msg980630.html#msg980630

Wasn't hard really. DUmmies are so predictable.

Tucker

It's coming up to Christmas. That means it's the annual bash the SA time of year at the DUmp.

Bet on it.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021709626

WilliamPitt (52,299 posts)

View profile
The Salvation Army, LGBT rights, and a little something you can do
Well, the time is upon us again...Christmas sales, Christmas lights, Christmas music, Christmas shopping, and hordes of Salvation Army Santas fanned out with their (ceaseless, insipid) bell-ringing and buckets for collecting donations.

I'm not going to argue that the Salvation Army does not do good works - they do - but those works come at a heavy anti-gay rights price that Americans, in the 21st fa-chrissakes century, should not have to pay any more.

A little background if you're not up on the Army's rotten history with LGBT Americans: http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2011/12/01/9143097-gay-groups-boycott-salvation-army-red-kettle-drive?lite

Several years ago, some inspired activists came up with a clever way to bring the point home to the Army that their anti-American anti-rights activities belong to the past. Rather than simply boycot the Salvation Army's Christmas-time collection drive, they printed up scads of flyers crafted to look like dollar bills. They handed those bills out to people who object to the Army's anti-LGBT activities, and those people dropped the flyers into the collection buckets as they went about their business.

An example of one such:

image of a queer three dollar bill

It's not just a boycott. It's a boycott with a message that every Salvation Army donation center will have to sift through as they count their collected coin.

I'm going to print a bunch out and carry them with me. Might be you can do the same.

T'is the season, after all.

Drale (6,618 posts)
3. Thats not the only reason I won't donate to them

View profile
My girlfriend and her Mom are struggling right now and they were looking for some help with rent for 1 month. The Salvation Army won't give them money but they will help them beg money from their friends and family by making them collection "donations". If they are not helping people with cash donation that they collect all the time what the **** are they doing with that money?

Why didn't YOU help?

I know. Liberals only use other people's money.

beac (9,055 posts)
5. I am SO doing this!

View profile
It takes all my resolve not to say somethig nasty to those bellringers. I know they are the lowest rung on the SA ladder, but it still...

So, in past years, I have had to walk away in impotent fury.

NOW I have something I can do about it.

Thank you for this!

These bell ringers that you so despise don't make policy. They're out there just trying to help someone in need.

Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
beac (9,055 posts)

So, in past years, I have had to walk away in impotent fury.

"Impotent fury"

Now there's something the Pittster understands!

Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Undies

"Impotent fury"?

Is that when he is so angry he is pounding his fists into his nuts?

Offline jtyangel

They have some awesome stores in Michigan  I think I donated about 50 bucks this weekend! Sucks to be a dummie. :)

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
When a tornado ripped thru Oakfield, WI 10+ years back I do not remember any pro-gay rights groups or any liberal groups there to aid in the clean up or to offer aid and comfort to the people left homeless. I do remember the Salvation Army there providing hot meals, comfort and whatever aid they could provide.

The DUmmies can go **** themselves.  :bird:
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline longview

I support the organization locally.  They help people, and help people learn to help themselves, around here. 

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Well I guess we know who they chose in the battle between LGBTIQ and the hungry homeless. BTW Pitt, how insensitive, you forgot the I and Q (Intersex and Questioning).
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Now there's a cheerful holiday image...A DUmmie beating himself into submission in a blind rage.  I like it.

:-)
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Airwolf

So Pittstain what have you done for the needy or the homeless? Probably not a damn thing but then again should anyone expect a suck ass idiot like you to help your fellow man?  The SA has every right as a religious organization to believe the way it does or does that only apply to your Muslim friends?
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
I make a point of looking for the red kettle.
Don't care what there politics are. They do some good.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
Salvation Army actually helps people therefore DUmmies must hate it and fantasize taking part in its destruction.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
An occupooper like Pitt would find a Salvation Army collection kettle irresistible.

Offline 67 Rover

I make a point of looking for the red kettle.
Don't care what there politics are. They do some good.

The only two charities that I and my family will donate to are the Salvation Army and PanMassChallenge.  The PMC guarantees 100% of your contribution makes it to the cause, I believe the Army may also be 100% or very close to it.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
Now there's a cheerful holiday image...A DUmmie beating himself into submission in a blind rage.  I like it.

:-)

Makes the season bright, for me anyway....

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
I take whatever I was going to "donate" to United Way (ha!) or Red Cross (double ha!) and give it to Vet Service Organizations like the Legion and VFW, and the Salvation Army.

They're the ones who deserve my support.  The former groups?  Not so much.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Karin

Yes they are as predictable as the sunrise in this respect.  And, just as predictably, when they start up with this shit, it makes me look forward to being very generous to the red kettles, in my service as a countermoonbat. 

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
Wee Willie has just never gotten over getting busted coming out of one of the Salvation Army Donation bins with two armfuls of loot.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Wee Willie has just never gotten over getting busted coming out of one of the Salvation Army Donation bins with two armfuls of loot.

Or, he's trying to distract himself from the ass-kicking coming tomorrow night.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
Or, he's trying to distract himself from the ass-kicking coming tomorrow night.

That too.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
I don't like the queer money in the kettle though. It will take up needed space for real money. People will suffer because of the butt loving/peter puffin/carpet munching crowd.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
When a tornado ripped thru Oakfield, WI 10+ years back I do not remember any pro-gay rights groups or any liberal groups there to aid in the clean up or to offer aid and comfort to the people left homeless. I do remember the Salvation Army there providing hot meals, comfort and whatever aid they could provide.

The DUmmies can go **** themselves.  :bird:

Uh huh.

Three summers ago, there were massive prairie fires burning up the roof of Nebraska, for 500 miles along this highway.

We have prairie fires here every year, but these were big, really big; one could probably see the smoke if one were standing on the moon.

Governmental resources weren't enough, and much volunteer manpower was used.

It was interesting, reading the bumper-stickers of the parked motor vehicles of those thousands of volunteers, who came from all over the country--religious and pro-life sentiments, support for the 2nd Amendment, anti-big government slogans, gratitude to the military, boosting McCain/Palin or other Republican candidates, pride in America, &c., &c., &c.

I never saw a single 0bama bumper-sticker--or one for any other Democrat candidate, for that matter--or for gay "rights" or for atheism or promoting abortion or even a tattered "democraticunderground" sticker. 

I wasn't the only one who never saw one; there were others who had the same idea, from Iowa to Wyoming, 500 miles all across the top of Nebraska, and they too reported that no Democrats, liberals, primitives, feminists, atheists, union members, gays, &c., &c., &c. seemed inclined to help.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline ChuckJ

"Impotent fury"

Now there's something the Pittster understands!

Quote from: Undies
"Impotent fury"?

It's been a bad day today. H5 to both of you for giving me my laugh of the day.

“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
He can put it on his tombstone.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ogre

• What Cat?
Yawn.  So Pittstain and other child like DUmmies will put fake money in the SA kettle.

I wonder if he and the other DUmmies who approve of this would take SA assistance if a disaster personally affected them?

I think we all know the answer to that.  He and they would probably bitch that the assistance wasn't there fast enough.
"Don't argue about difficulties. The difficulties will argue for themselves."  - Winston Churchill

"Get some lumber, build a bridge, and get the hell over it" - Unknown

Offline thundley4

The Salvation Army should keep all those "queer dollars".  The next time there is a disaster in San Fransissyville, they can give them to people looking for a handout from them.