Author Topic: DUmmies Surprised to Learn the Communist Manifesto is "Offensive."  (Read 1230 times)

Offline Mr Mannn

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1527608#1527623

Odin2005  (1000+ posts)           Tue Jul-19-11 11:41 PM

Oy Vey, Apprently The Communist Manifesto is "offensive" now.
    I'm the book guy at the thrift store I work at and part of my being the "book guy" is choosing books to display on the "featured books" table. One of the books that was donated to us recently was the Communist Manifesto, so I put it on the display table. My boss sees the book and tells me to put the book on the shelf because some people would be "offended" seeing it on the display table (just to note that I have had several political books of many different sides on the display table before) and it would scare away customers. I've had a Chomsky book displayed and nobody minded, but have something with the word "COMMUNIST" on it and all of a sudden it's TEH EVIL!!!

The Stupid! IT BURNS!  
So now we see what is offensive to DUmmies...
provis99  (1000+ posts)        Tue Jul-19-11 11:44 PM

1. so do they hide The Bible, too?
    Because I sure wouldn't want an 8-year old thumbing through that book of horrors.

Odin2005  (1000+ posts)           Tue Jul-19-11 11:46 PM

3. LOL, I wish, we have a good sized Religious section.
    And by "religious" I mean Evangelical nonsense.
RZM (1000+ posts)        Tue Jul-19-11 11:45 PM

2. A spectre is haunting your thrift store . . . :)
    Chomsky isn't all that well known among people who aren't linguists or don't follow politics. But most people have heard of communism. That probably accounts for the difference.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 11:06:31 PM by Mr Mannn »

Offline vadawg

• Just Off Probation
this guy OD'd in 2005 really annoys me, always has.  Guy does the worst bounceys in the world and uses the fact that someone told him he is an aspie to cover the fact that hes a dick.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
A "how-to" guide on murder, theft and militant athiesm? What could go wrong???
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline thelaughingman

I bet we could have a repeat of Walldude if Odin would just blab about exactly where he works.

Offline Karin

white_wolf (1000+ posts)        Wed Jul-20-11 12:19 AM
Response to Reply #1
5. seriously.
 When I was seven or eight I went to a Baptist church and came home terrified. My mom never went me go church with my friend again.

Brilliant. 

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1527608#1527623
So now we see what is offensive to DUmmies...

Who woulda thunk that the book that inspired countless murderous dictators might be considered offensive?
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
I bet we could have a repeat of Walldude if Odin would just blab about exactly where he works.

Good call.  Hopefully someone has the time to do some creative research today.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline redwhit

You mean something like this:

Taylor Selseth
35375 posts
Member since Fri Nov 11th 2005
Moorhead, Minnesota, United States
Male
Send Email
Student at Minnesota State University Moorhead, major is Biology. Born 4/28/86. Grew up in Ulen, MN, population 532.

DU Journal

Offline redwhit

This is an interesting tidbit:

260992, Any other disabled DUers offended by the "Obama is gonna euthanize you" RW crap?
Posted by Odin2005 on Sun Aug-09-09 04:15 PM

I almost blew my top when Psycho Sarah spewed that "they wanna kill Trig, OMG" crap, especially since that I know a couple people with Down's Syndrome, have a developmental disability (Asperger's Syndrome) myself, and have a close friend that is physically disabled and has mental health issues, both stemming from brain damage caused by Shaken Baby Syndrome. I'm sorry, that rhetoric is simply beyond the pale.

I get SSI, food stamps, Section 8, healthcare paid for by the state of Minnsota, and funding for staff 3 days a week to help run errands, set up medical appointments, etc. The Corporatist anti-government bastards would rather I starved, **** them.

Link

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Is there a reason why the little retard can't get a J-O-B, other than it's beneath him?
He's got ass burgers.  Not quite sure what that means, but I hear all the cool kids are doing it.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
Re: DUmmies Surprised to Learn the Communist Manifesto is "Offensive."
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2011, 11:23:20 AM »
He's got ass burgers.  Not quite sure what that means, but I hear all the cool kids are doing it.

I realized that someone was unfortunate enough to hire him, since it is the same DUchebag who began this thread.  My mistake.
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2011, 11:24:56 AM »
You mean something like this:

DU Journal

Interesting:

Moorhead Thrift Shop
501 Main Ave.
Moorhead, MN 56560
(218)233-2995

The Salvation Army Thrift Store
1507 1st Ave. N.
Moorhead, MN 56560
(218)233-7347

http://www.thethriftshopper.com/city/Moorhead/MN/1.htm

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2011, 11:30:48 AM »
260992, Any other disabled DUers offended by the "Obama is gonna euthanize you" RW crap?
Posted by Odin2005 on Sun Aug-09-09 04:15 PM
It may be a minority opinion, but I'm fully in favor of using taxpayer money to euthanize DUmmy Odin2005 right now.
Morally, it's the right thing to do, but if it's politically out of the question, I'd be willing to fund it out of my own pocket.
Considering the net benefit to society, I believe that funding should be tax-deductible.

Offline Karin

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2011, 12:07:58 PM »
I don't think he'd work for the Salvation Army, Ralph, do you?  I think it's the first one. 

Look at all those government programs he leeches off of!  Holy cow!  Who could wade through all that red tape and deal with all those bureaucrats?   

Offline vadawg

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2011, 12:10:00 PM »
This is an interesting tidbit:

Link

what the hell, the guy is able to post online but gets funding to get people to run errands and make phone calls for him,  why the hell is the taxpayers doling out for this stuff.  Mayby someone needs to see that hes functionable enought to ddo those things for himself.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2011, 12:25:01 PM »
what the hell, the guy is able to post online but gets funding to get people to run errands and make phone calls for him,  why the hell is the taxpayers doling out for this stuff.  Mayby someone needs to see that hes functionable enought to ddo those things for himself.

:agree:

And an H5.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2011, 12:26:35 PM »
    I get SSI, food stamps, Section 8, healthcare paid for by the state of Minnsota, and funding for staff 3 days a week to help run errands, set up medical appointments, etc. The Corporatist anti-government bastards would rather I starved, **** them.

It would be good for the good of the state. You offer nothing. You take everything.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Karin

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2011, 12:42:44 PM »
I wonder if those Thrift Shop earnings are under the table. 

Offline vadawg

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2011, 12:48:22 PM »
I wonder if those Thrift Shop earnings are under the table. 

good point, im sure he declares them or he would be cheating the taxpayer, and he wouldnt do that would he.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2011, 02:41:32 PM »
I don't think he'd work for the Salvation Army, Ralph, do you?  I think it's the first one. 

Look at all those government programs he leeches off of!  Holy cow!  Who could wade through all that red tape and deal with all those bureaucrats?   

Yeah, the DUmmies don't really approve of the Salvation Army.  I didn't think so either, I posted it just in case.

Offline redwhit

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2011, 03:11:41 PM »
Hmmmmm

I'm here at the grand opening of the Second Time Around thrift store in North Moorhead. But unlike other thrift stores in the area, this place has one very unique feature. Carl is one of the 13 employees that run the entire Second Time Around store. Like all other employees at the thrift store, Carl has a disability.

Link

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2011, 03:20:35 PM »
Hmmmmm

Link

Wow, excellent research, redwhit! :hi5:

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2011, 03:25:56 PM »
this guy OD'd in 2005 really annoys me, always has.  Guy does the worst bounceys in the world and uses the fact that someone told him he is an aspie to cover the fact that hes a dick.

Yeah.

The Odin2005 primitive's a bore.

He'll even chime in at campfires simply to say that he has no opinion, no thoughts, about the matter the primitives are discussing.  Or out of the blue, he'll remind the other primitives that he's "handicapped."

I say the taxpayers of Minnesota should let him starve, and use their money on worthier causes.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Jason

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2011, 07:33:44 PM »
Second Time Around thrift store is located at 2206 5th Ave. N. in Moorhead (across from Sunset Lanes on HWY 75).
We are open for shopping Monday thru Friday from 10am to 6pm.  Our donation hours are 8:30am  – 6:00pm Monday thru Friday or by appointment.   The store is currently accepting gently used: furniture, books, clothing, small appliances, small electronics and household supplies. For more information, please call Andrea Stordahl at 701-318-3358

http://www.heartland-industries.org/media/Newsletter.pdf

Relevant information bolded, Andrea is the store manager.  I wonder if Andrea would like to know what a piece of shit DUmbass she has working for her?   

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2011, 09:27:17 AM »
Yeah.

The Odin2005 primitive's a bore.

He'll even chime in at campfires simply to say that he has no opinion, no thoughts, about the matter the primitives are discussing.  Or out of the blue, he'll remind the other primitives that he's "handicapped."

I say the taxpayers of Minnesota should let him starve, and use their money on worthier causes.

Odin2005 even felt compelled to post a completely boring thread in GD about the weather. :whatever: