Author Topic: Geek DUAC! Geek DUAC! Geek DUAC!  (Read 1676 times)

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
Geek DUAC! Geek DUAC! Geek DUAC!
« on: March 21, 2011, 07:55:30 PM »
In this thread, DUmmy Scuba proposes a Geek Squad for the DUmp, just like the one at Best Buy, except it would consist of nitwits and political lunatics. He starts out with some real funny stuff about "competency" and "skills", but it's soon obvious that he's given his harebrained idea pretty much zero thought. Of course, when a DUmbass wracks his brain for days, zero thought is usually the result:
Scuba  (1000+ posts)      Mon Mar-21-11 07:36 PM
Original message
Dear Skinner, We the Undersigned DU Members...
 â€¦certify ourselves to have competency in project management, web development / hosting, or other technical skills, and further, that we wish to apply these skills to help advance Progressive causes.

Therefore, we are prepared to volunteer hours to DU on an “as able” basis to help achieve the following:

Provide DU Members with auxiliary technical services to enhance the value of DU.

We are further committed to:
Coordinating our efforts with DU Moderators to ensure our efforts are consistent with the best interests of DU.

Signed (through replies)

Note to all from Scuba,
If this effort goes forward, I am offering my project management skills to help bring it to birth.

Should Skinner approve, I will begin collection of volunteers / skills info and coordinate the drafting of a Charter. I believe such group can function effectively under direction of a “steering committee”, made up of volunteers and DU Moderators.
As for auxiliary services, I’m thinking of things like:

...unlimited, members-only picture and video hosting
...alerting and forwarding services
...a members-maintained wiki-like index / reference utility

As always, I welcome your thoughtful and reasoned replies. Thanks in advance for your support. DU's the best.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x710704#710950 
I actually read this. I even went back over it again, and I still have no idea whatsoever what he wants to do. Skimmer should love this.

Vincardog  (1000+ posts)      Mon Mar-21-11 07:38 PM
Response to Original message
1. I am down with this

I would like to hear DUmmy Vincardog explain what it is that he's "down with". 

leftstreet  (1000+ posts)        Mon Mar-21-11 07:41 PM
2. "advance Progressive causes" like what?

Yeah, like what?

See how much DUmmy Scuba's reply clears things up:
Scuba  (1000+ posts)      Mon Mar-21-11 07:44 PM
Response to Reply #2
6. That's been being defined by DU Members for several years now...
 ...I saw a recent thread on the "litmus test" for progressives.

The only definitions I liked had to do with truth, science, and an engaged public.

Huh?

leftstreet  (1000+ posts)        Mon Mar-21-11 07:46 PM
Response to Reply #6
8. What is "alerting and forwarding services" ??

Yeah, I was wondering that, too. 

Now we start to get a glimmer of DUmmy Scuba's planning for this DUmp revolution:
Scuba  (1000+ posts)      Mon Mar-21-11 07:50 PM
Response to Reply #8
10. Beats me. What do you want it to be?

leftstreet  (1000+ posts)        Mon Mar-21-11 07:51 PM
Response to Reply #10
11. Wasn't it your idea?

Uh-oh a gotcha comes winging in:
somone (1000+ posts)      Mon Mar-21-11 07:41 PM
3. There is this thing called Facebook

It's pretty bad when you get slapped down by someone so stupid he misspelled his own username when he registered.

Now DUmmy Scuba casts some more light on that "competency" he certified at the beginning:
Scuba  (1000+ posts)      Mon Mar-21-11 08:09 PM
Response to Reply #3
18. So you would be in a position to advise us how to best leverage facebook?....
 ...Sincere question. I retired before social networking, and do not use Facebook or Twitter. I suppose that will soon change if this is a go.

I don't know about you, but if I were Skimmer, I might hesitate to hire a computer geek who wasn't familiar with Facebook. I wouldn't hire DUmmy Scuba as my latex salesman. But that's just me. Really, DUmmy Scuba, throughout this absurd thread, sounds as naively, obliviously stupid as stevenumbers on his famous lonely hearts threads.

bobbolink  (1000+ posts)        Mon Mar-21-11 07:41 PM
4. Way cool! Thanks!

Way cool? From bitter, hateful, dirty, smelly bobbolink? Way cool? Something has definitely happened to the hobo. She's been making posts about things other than the plight of winos, she has had posts where she didn't insult anyone, and now...WAY COOL!?!? Something major has happened. I think she's giddy from upgrading her old iPhone3GS to a new iPhone4.

juajen  (1000+ posts)        Mon Mar-21-11 07:42 PM
5. I don't think I'm down with this, as I believe Skinner, Elad and others are
very busy and this would make more work for them. I can appreciate your volunteering your services, but I honestly don't see the advantage.
Actually, the enigmatic Elad is the dunce in the head office, and Skimmer might like something to keep him occupied, so he doesn't damage things playing with the switches and buttons at DUmp Central. But a Geek DUAC Squad headed up by a guy who doesn't know about Facebook might be a little risky.

Offline true_blood

Re: Geek DUAC! Geek DUAC! Geek DUAC!
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 08:00:05 PM »
leftstreet  (1000+ posts)        Mon Mar-21-11 07:41 PM
2. "advance Progressive causes" like what?
Probably the "usual" progressive nonsense. And I stress the word, nonsense.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 09:28:38 PM »
Scuba  (1000+ posts)      Mon Mar-21-11 07:36 PM
Original message
Dear Skinner, We the Undersigned DU Members
 â€¦certify ourselves to have competency in blah blah blah...

Wow, you can certify yourself?  Without any kind of third-party verification?  Awesome, I'm going to get right on it and update my resume!
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 09:36:06 PM »
Wow, you can certify yourself?  Without any kind of third-party verification? 
Yes, you can. Our leading DOTY candidate, nadinbrzhzhzhski, has self-certified superior competence in everything.

Which reminds me. We now have an entire DUmpster first page without a single know-it-all nadin thread, and she hasn't even started a thread since mid-afternoon. Her absence, combined with the hobo's sudden, inconceivable cheeriness, makes me believe coach may be on target with his suggestion of a major discombobulation among the DUmbasses. Things just aren't right.

Offline chitownchica

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 10:17:04 PM »
Alerting and monitoring = reporting fellow dummies to re-education camps.
The added bonus is he gets to show off his MS Project skills while doing it.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 10:23:04 PM »
Alerting and monitoring = reporting fellow dummies to re-education camps.
The added bonus is he gets to show off his MS Project skills while doing it.

I thought it meant copy-and-paste. 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline chitownchica

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, 10:26:01 PM »
I thought it meant copy-and-paste. 

You might be right. Using project management software would be too much work.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2011, 10:47:21 PM »
As if $kimmer is going to relinquish any control of DU to the shitbirds beyond basic moderation.  :rotf:

DU is the attic where the crazy aunts of the Democrat party are kept, out of sight and out of mind. You don't give inmates keys to the asylum.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Chris_

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2011, 10:51:54 PM »
But they have ideas!  Like pie shanties, costume jewelry, and B&Bs run from the back of old Lincoln Town Cars.

They'll get this economy going again.  You just wait.

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2011, 11:07:59 PM »
Yes, you can. Our leading DOTY candidate, nadinbrzhzhzhski, has self-certified superior competence in everything.

Which reminds me. We now have an entire DUmpster first page without a single know-it-all nadin thread, and she hasn't even started a thread since mid-afternoon. Her absence, combined with the hobo's sudden, inconceivable cheeriness, makes me believe coach may be on target with his suggestion of a major discombobulation among the DUmbasses. Things just aren't right.

This is from her Twitter.  Sounds like she's taking a break.

nadinbrzezinski
need time to seriously decompress, when board moderation goes terribly wrong. Reminded of USENET in the old days or High School, same shit..

She's been quite annoying on Twitter the last couple of hours.  Good thing I only go to that site about twice a day.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2011, 11:11:03 PM »
Usenet?  I'm sure nadin has some Compuserve horror-stories to share to prove her internets cred.  Really. ::)

What a silly woman.  Board moderation, indeed.

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2011, 11:22:54 PM »
Usenet?  I'm sure nadin has some Compuserve horror-stories to share to prove her internets cred.  Really. ::)

She had a nice thread a couple of weeks ago where she mentioned Usenet, and followed up with a smug comment about how no one else would know what that is. That got a few DUmbasses riled up, long before the Great Nadinocalypse of this past weekend.

If she's making snotty comments about the DUmp on "the Twitter", that's the kind of transgression that could get her a pizza.

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2011, 11:34:05 PM »
She's been quite annoying on Twitter the last couple of hours.  Good thing I only go to that site about twice a day.

From her blog, whining about the other DUmbasses bullying her. It's more like the Australian kid taking the insults over and over and over, and finally picking up the tormentor and body slamming him. DUmmy nadin just couldn't stop insulting, insulting, sneering, jabbing, and finally the DUmbasses snapped and body slammed her over and over during the Nadinocalypse:
Due to a dust off somewhere else, and to guarantee my mental health... I have disabled comments.

I would love to interact with people, but at this time I really cannot and will not... allow stalkers to continue their campaign somewhere where I should definitely feel safe. Lets just say that other place no longer is... and I left High School a long time ago... reminds me of it.

Stalking and bullying are real issues on the world wide web, and like this issue in Schools it is one that we mostly hide behind and never really deal with. I will continue to post here on the issues that matter to me, including labor of course.

Nadin

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2011, 11:41:28 PM »
Someone replied to my thread... they are stalkers!!!!11111  So I put them on my iggy list.  Soon, I had all of DU on iggy and no one talked to me.  Now I have my blog and Twitter.  And I can't even keep my blog comments open because someone might be a meanie poo poo head and say something I don't like.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline ScubaGuy

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2011, 05:46:43 AM »
Someone replied to my thread... they are stalkers!!!!11111  So I put them on my iggy list.  Soon, I had all of DU on iggy and no one talked to me.  Now I have my blog and Twitter.  And I can't even keep my blog comments open because someone might be a meanie poo poo head and say something I don't like.
:lmao:
25 years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have Obama, no hope and no cash.

Offline Karin

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2011, 08:16:17 AM »
You don't give inmates keys to the asylum.
  Dandi, that was my exact reaction to the stupid OP.  What a funny thread!  "We, the undersigned, certify ourselves...."

Certifiable is right. 

As for Nadin and her no comments policy.  What's the point then?  Isn't this like locking yourself in your room to talk to yourself?  Why not just keep a paper diary?  Does she think the internets is waiting with bated breath to hear her next nugget of wisdom, without benefit of challenge or commentary?  What's the internet for, anyway? 

Reminds me of a troll at moonbattery, who relentlessly promoted his "blog."  The blog always had exactly zero comments, which opened him up to great derision and ridicule.   :lmao:

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2011, 10:44:59 AM »
Does she think the internets is waiting with bated breath to hear her next nugget of wisdom, without benefit of challenge or commentary? 
That's a rhetorical question, right? Of course that's what she thinks.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2011, 10:48:18 AM »
That's a rhetorical question, right? Of course that's what she thinks.

Dead on.  Remember that she is the smarterest being on the planet, courtesy of Mother Gaia.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2011, 12:30:01 PM »

Hmmmmmmmmm, sounds like NadaBrain has had either a suspension or threat to ban her completely from several boards!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Note to all from Scuba,
If this effort goes forward, I am offering my project management skills to help bring it to birth.

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe!!!

This guy is kiddin', right?

Didn't he say he is over 50 and unemployed? Boy, howdie! Must be one hell of an expert in his field, huh?
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline jukin

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2011, 12:55:55 PM »
Like the modern day liberal media expert, that is always wrong. A DUmbat project manager has never brought in a project.

I have two project management rules:

How do you tell the expert program manger in the room?

He is the one that says it will cost the most and take the longest.

And

The 90/90 rule. The first 90%of the project takes 90% of the time and money and the the last 10% takes 90% of the time and money.

Those rules were learned in the trenches and I have yet to see either proved wrong.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2011, 01:30:35 PM »
Meant to post this picture of the Geek DUAC squad in action. 

< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Karin

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2011, 01:51:03 PM »
Is Mr. Clean wearing a Mansierre? 

Offline Chris_

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2011, 01:51:40 PM »
It's a Bro.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2011, 07:30:10 PM »
Is this going to be like the SEIU-thug plan to crash JP Morgan, the stock market, and the country in order to "redistribute 'wealth'"?  Maybe Scuba should be offering his services to them since they seem to be already doing what he wants.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2011, 10:52:14 PM »
Like the modern day liberal media expert, that is always wrong. A DUmbat project manager has never brought in a project.

I have two project management rules:

How do you tell the expert program manger in the room?

He is the one that says it will cost the most and take the longest.

And

The 90/90 rule. The first 90%of the project takes 90% of the time and money and the the last 10% takes 90% of the time and money.

Those rules were learned in the trenches and I have yet to see either proved wrong.

I coordinated major box stores and malls, and I have yet to find a manager that ever knew his/her ass from a hole in the ground!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!