Author Topic: What a day (wow, this is some crazy shit right here)  (Read 1876 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
What a day (wow, this is some crazy shit right here)
« on: February 26, 2011, 11:55:13 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x514512

I'll save you a little time if you don't want to read the whole thing.

DUmmie didn't make house notes or car notes so they were foreclosed/repossessed.  DUmmie is mad because it must be someone elses fault.

Here's the sordid tale;

jotsy  (1000+ posts)        Sat Feb-26-11 11:54 AM
Original message

What a day 

a year, a life it is…

Bet I made near 80 calls yesterday, the first was to the company who insures the car to inform them that Wells Fargo, the bank who foreclosed on me early last year, has repossessed the car I’ve made $7,000 in payments on. Then was the call to the sithy Medusa, got lucky I guess, by getting a young man in Irving Texas, because I could easily have been connected with someone offshore. I told him I wasn’t going to be making any attempt to get the car back, just wanted the property inside it. It actually went smoothly compared to call #3, after dialing the toll free number I was given, which apparently rings up a local ’Wells Fargo’ with a tired sounding seasoned guy named Bob, who’s voice is backed up by a highway moving behind him, he summons the voice of authority, which I’m guessing is the Mrs. Don’t recall her name, but I believe to name her Jessup suits. The woman made it plain, I would have to be nicer to her, lest she charge me more for getting back the property that was inside the vehicle, a real Jack Nicholson/For a Few Good Men moment for me. The pride in her parasitic notion filled me with a rage that would fuel the day, for all the good it did me.

The next two calls were to police departments, the one in her nearby municipality, and the one in mine. Both dispatchers suggested the proper role of law enforcement in instances like this was to yield to how the financing company wants to handle the matter. Of course if I was feeling wronged, I could always go hire an attorney. I gleaned from one of them, the actual location of the car at a towing company, along with their phone number. Spoke with a guy who refused to give me his own last name, that’s his call, but the owner? He wasn’t giving out that last name either, ain’t that pride in ownership?

I learned that I’ll be required to pay a $40.00 gate fee to get access to the car to retrieve whatever property might be in the vehicle, given what I subsequently learned reading reviews of their practices, specifically a grandmother who had the Christmas gifts she'd purchased for her grandson had mysteriously disappeared while in the tow company's possession after her car was towed in December. A fistful of cases at the justice department, with a consistent complaint of unconscionable actions. Here’s where things get for me, a bit muddy. This particular company is a long standing vendor of towing services to the city of Portland. I became curious as to how such a disreputable firm could be the contractor of choice to a publicly funded entity, so I called the towing coordinator at the auditor’s office.

This is the call for me that stands out. The woman was very troubled by my plight, wanted to make a call or give me the $40 out right. I told her there are those way worse off, get it if she had it to, to those who have fallen further. I suspect the existence of me will bother her for some time. At some point I asked her if she could tell me how much money either the city or the towing company is making as a result of their lengthy union. Not only did she not know, she couldn’t get an answer to the question herself.

A little more online research leads me to the “Investigative Reporter” working the justice beat for the state’s largest newspaper, who has 20 minutes to lecture me on the harm I am doing to a struggling economy by choosing not to pay my bills, but then abruptly must go when I ask how much his paper received in ad revenue from the mighty Wells Fargo in 2010. See I reached out to their paper for help to save my home before it was auctioned. Four days later there was indeed a story in the paper about Wells Fargo, a lovely little fluff piece on the new regional head and how he was anticipating a compensation package totaling $92 million.

I thought at that point, thought I’d had my fill, grabbed a bite and about an hour’s rest but would begin the afternoon, trying to swing through elected officials who are said to represent my interests. Got hung up on by both administrative assistants working for my two senators, Wyden and Merkley. The intern at the latter who answered the phone didn’t want to talk any more when my response to her suggestion that the Senator was in DC working was to ask for some details as to how many fundraisers were on his schedule this week or this month. Imagine that. Down the chain we go, to state’s version of the senate and house, I don’t bother with Earl Blumenour anymore, I called there the day Dennis Kucinich was reading for hours aloud on impeaching Wicked Dickey. Who ever it was I spoke to that day, made me feel like I’d been cast as flash thrash in a Jaws movie. In reflection, I felt…hasty I guess, so I took a good look at the thick expensive glossy flyer he had mailed to my former home. Fluff, puff and not tough enough to have any huff is how I answered the spouse when he asked what Mr. B’s literature had to say during the run up to the elections of 2008.

The balance of the afternoon I spent trying to locate some community service type organizations, found Economic Fairness Oregon. I understand they were visiting the convention center during the Wells Fargo ‘home loss prevention’ workshops. EFO was there distributing leaflets to attendees, they were made to leave.

Throughout the day, I asked a couple of things fairly often. What is a law abiding citizen to do when the spirit of justice is absent in the letter of the law and the rule of law has been abandoned to favor the apparent rulers of order? Why do places like Wells Fargo and this sleazy little band of towing trolls get away with doing people so wrong at will and then benefit from it’s relationships with entities that claim being about serving the commons. I ask a lot about the unequal application and enforcement of the rule of law, why my county promises the state’s general fund $230 million for the 09-11 biennial from revenue generated on restitution fees paid for juvenile infractions, yet there will be no criminal charges brought against Mr. Countrywide.

Night before last, when I opened my door and saw my car just gone, I came here to a thread about Anonymous, I posted a plea to push the Tyler Durden button if one is their reach trying to calm the anger and quiet the quake in the fingers by dancing them over the keyboard. I removed it out of respect for the original poster, unfortunately the draft I thought I saved in my journal, ultimately mirrored the edited post of delete and delete some more.

With guys like the Koch brothers capable of the purchase price required to assassinate a nation’s intent, Mr.’s Madoff and Standford or Ken Lewis, Richard Fuld, and the Bligh’s of the bling that run with them. I say they are faithless, they believe in no heaven or hell, I know that because they work to achieve that gap right here on earth because they see themselves as gods, unsatisfied with their designated status as mere men, insisting the wage they field is because they're just plain more valuable, they should know that if I were to be stranded on a desert island, the guy with the skill set I’m going to see as more necessary is the blue collar guy and not the bean counter.

I have been down, but maybe never this much out, it matter’s not. Cuz now that I’ve nothing left to lose, it’s on. As I said to the two real estate agents who bought and flipped my home of 15 years, you’re time in moment comes, may you greet it with as much zeal as you brought it.

Rant over, rabble is ready to rock.

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w1g-idt-8U&feature=fvsr >

Perhaps too old to be so naive
I choose to dream and dare to believe
Lady Liberty has a surprise for the corporatocracy
concealed within her billowy sleeve

Pretty new fire.  This next post did catch my eye though;

madmom  (1000+ posts)        Sat Feb-26-11 12:25 PM
Response to Original message

6. I guess I was "lucky" when my car was repossessed I was home and saw them . I

Immediately went out and told them I wanted my tags off the vehicle. They were kind of shocked by this because they really didn't know what to do. I told them they were mine they had no legal right to them and if they took them I would call the sheriff. They gave them to me,as they were taking them off I retrieved my belongings. They then had to call a tow truck because they couldn't drive an unlicensed vehicle. I told them to get it off my property or pay parking/storage fees. They pushed it out onto the street and waited. I felt somewhat vindicated.

Yeah.  When you don't pay your bills you must make the other persons job harder because ... well because everyone should suffer!  /du mode

And I don't believe for a minute they pushed the car out into the street and waited for a tow truck.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline thundley4

Re: What a day (wow, this is some crazy shit right here)
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 12:20:50 PM »
Why did the DUmmie waste time and effort calling the city when they were not involved in the situation.  It sounds like the whole thing is made up just to make Wells Fargo look bad. If all they wanted was to retrieve their possessions two or three calls at the most should have been needed.

Zero Bongs.

Offline ScubaGuy

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 12:21:59 PM »
ljm2002 Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sat Feb-26-11 12:04 PM
Response to Original message
1. Heartrending...

...did you ever get your stuff back? Find anyone who can help you with that?

Sometimes the investigative TV programs have an interest in stories such as yours, especially given that there are lots of people with similar stories of having their stuff taken along with the car and then not being able to get it back.

jotsy Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sat Feb-26-11 12:09 PM
Response to Reply #1
2. Weekend will get in the way, but it's on the list early come Monday.   Updated at 11:55 AM

My priority at the moment is finding a ride to the state capital for protests at noon.

Just maybe that you need to adjust your priorities and you won't lose you car and house.

25 years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have Obama, no hope and no cash.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 12:43:27 PM »
You don`t make the payments you signed a contract on to a lending agency they come to take their security.
It is simple and you agreed to the terms DUmbass.

Offline thelaughingman

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 01:09:11 PM »
DUmmie didn't make house notes or car notes so they were foreclosed/repossessed.  DUmmie is mad because it must be someone elses fault.

I'm sure his/her/its bong was always full, though.

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 01:40:01 PM »
jotsy Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sat Feb-26-11 12:09 PM
Response to Reply #1
2. Weekend will get in the way, but it's on the list early come Monday.   Updated at 11:55 AM

My priority at the moment is finding a ride to the state capital for protests at noon.

I was going to pay my mortgage and car loan, but Maury was on.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2011, 04:16:53 PM »
jotsy Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sat Feb-26-11 12:09 PM
Response to Reply #1
2. Weekend will get in the way, but it's on the list early come Monday.   Updated at 11:55 AM

Ironic if only this DUmmy had paid the bills he could drive himself to the protest.

I wonder if any of the DUmmies rescheduled heart surgery to attend a protest.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2011, 05:30:29 PM »
And they wonder why they are called DUmmies.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2011, 05:36:48 PM »
Every car repo guy i have ever known has always knocked on the door when they go to take a car. The dummie was probably hiding the car for weeks and the repo guy decided to not extend that favor to him. Also it sounds like this dumbass took a home equity loan out to buy the car! Yeah idiot...when you don't pay them they take your shit! :lmao:
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2011, 05:43:49 PM »
Hmmmm...let's do the math here...$7K in payments on a car worth how much?  On a loan over how many months?  At what percent interest rate?

And did the DUmmy even ATTEMPT to call the bank and try to work a deal out with them?  I'm guessing not.  Trust me, DUmmies, banks would rather you keep paying the loan on a car worth at best according to Blue Book far less than what you owe on it.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline catsmtrods

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2011, 06:31:54 PM »
$40 seems reasonable for her!
"Liberalism is an essentially feminine, submissive world view. Perhaps a better adjective than feminine is infantile. It is the world view of men who do not have the moral toughness, the spiritual strength to stand up and do single combat with life, who cannot adjust to the reality that the world is not a huge, pink-and-blue, padded nursery in which the lions lie down with the lambs and everyone lives happily ever after."

~ Dr. William Pierce

"How many more times are we going to cower under tables and chairs, whimpering like mindless dogs, thinking that someone else has the responsibility to save and protect us?"

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2011, 02:54:32 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x514512

Bless you.  I swear, I tried, by my eyes just glazed over a third of the way into it.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2011, 06:27:06 AM »

Here's the sordid tale;

KC

DAMN!

Who is this DUmmie?

They HAVE to be related to Pitiful Pitt.
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline TexasCop

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2011, 07:02:18 AM »
I deal with people like this guy all the time.  They call 911 to report their car stolen.  Our dispatch clearly tells them that the repo company reported the repo to us during the morning and they tell him where it's stored and who to contact.  They still demand to speak with an officer, so we have to drive to their house where they commence to telling us that the car is theirs and the bank has no business taking their property.  I don't think most of them are intentionally trying to steal from the bank, I just honestly believe they're too stupid to understand the concept of buying property subject to a lien.  This guy is obviously one too stupid to grasp it.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2011, 07:32:43 AM »
Koch Bros have something to do with this how?
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2011, 07:34:18 AM »

They're rich. 

'Nuff said.
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2011, 08:36:28 AM »

They exist.  Thatisall.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2011, 02:26:57 PM »
You don`t make the payments you signed a contract on to a lending agency they come to take their security.
It is simple and you agreed to the terms DUmbass.

Exactly! The rule of law has been upheld DUmbass! You signed a contract. You defaulted. They took back "their" property!

Now you want someone to feel sorry for you because you defaulted, and somehow, it just ain't fair! Tuff shit! Don't buy shit ya can't afford, and this won't happen. If you suddenly become unemployed, you may have to make a few sacrifices in order to keep your stuff! I'm sure there was another solution besides whinin' and askin' for a handout!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2011, 04:33:29 PM »

Ever read 'The Gulag Archipelago?'  Evil rich plutocrats are to the DUmmies what the 'Wreckers' and 'Saboteurs' were to the victimized and deluded citizens of interwar Stalinland.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2011, 07:29:06 PM »
There's something fishy going on here and it's not just the newspaper used for wrapping it. The paper he's referring to is the Oregonian and it's so far left it's probably listed in Mao's little red book as a reliable source for news. This is the kind of story they love...little guy getting screwed by the mean, evil corporate whores at the bank. And a story about a tow company that contracts with the city (which really means "the man"). That's enough to make the reporter cream his jeans while dreaming of a Pulitzer.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2011, 07:35:24 PM »
A confused DUmmie gets a hard life lession. Next on Operation Repo....

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2011, 12:44:21 AM »

I think he's already a "star" on "Repo". What a whinin' SOB! I can't believe how these twats blame everyone but themselves when the shit hits the fan.

I can't even comprehend how you can get a house or car repossessed. If it does happen, I will know it was my fault, not George "W"'s! That is who they consider the "man", isn't it?

How do ya go thru life blamin' someone else for your own failings? My Daddy woulda kicked my ass if I ever mentioned such bull shit!

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2011, 12:47:54 AM »

Operation Repo is scripted.  Just saying... lol
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2011, 01:12:36 AM »
^ No, I know, but it's still fun to watch. :shucks:

That Sonia chick gets on my nerves though...

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2011, 02:28:39 AM »
Operation Repo is scripted.  Just saying... lol

Heh! So is the new "Hard Core Pawn" show! I saw the mike attached to a gal they were throwin' out on her ear! Now why would ya mike somebody you never met before?