Author Topic: Chrysler dealers shut down in Obama bankruptcy are mostly Republican?  (Read 1326 times)

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
I’m skeptical that this is as bad as it looks — it’d be politically suicidal, for no benefit greater than petty revenge — but consider it your must-read of the day. Don’t stop before the updates either or you’ll miss profitable dealers scratching their heads trying to figure out what mysterious sin they could have committed to warrant termination.

To quickly review the situation, I took all dealer owners whose names appeared more than once in the list. And, of those who contributed to political campaigns, every single one had donated almost exclusively to GOP candidates. While this isn’t an exhaustive review, it does have some ominous implications if it can be verified.
However, I also found additional research online at Scribd (author unknown), which also appears to point to a highly partisan decision-making process.

Could be that dealers, being entrepreneurs, trend heavily Republican anyway. Without some kind of control sample, there’s no way to judge if this is corrupt or just representative. Like Ross says, further research is required. Anyone think the media’s game?
But wait, you say, didn’t Chrysler decide to shut down the dealerships, not the feds? Well, funny thing about that. Via Reliapundit, Reuters gets an earful from the dealers’ lawyer:

Lawyer Leonard Bellavia, of Bellavia Gentile & Associates, who represents some of the terminated dealers, said he deposed Chrysler President Jim Press on Tuesday and came away with the impression that Press did not support the plan.
“It became clear to us that Chrysler does not see the wisdom of terminating 25 percent of its dealers,” Bellavia said. “It really wasn’t Chrysler’s decision. They are under enormous pressure from the President’s automotive task force.”
He added the government task force, which he criticized for having no members with retail experience was, in effect, attacking U.S. entrepreneurs…

“I think it’s unconstitutional,” said Jim Anderer, owner of Island Jeep in Lindenhurst, New York.

“The Fifth Amendment clearly states you cannot take another person’s property without due process or compensation. Even in eminent domain, there is an appraised price on the property being taken by the state.”

I don’t know. To believe this is true, you’d have to believe Obama applied some awfully heavy-handed pressure to get his way. And really, what are the odds of that?

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/05/26/hmmm-chrysler-dealers-shut-down-in-obama-bankruptcy-are-mostly-republican/
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
I posted something similar, but from a different source, in the Economics forum.

Perhaps a global moderator can combine the two, in the more-appropriate place?

They're different sources, different stories, but the same thing, and so I'm cool with combination.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline thundley4

Posted a similar one here yesterday also.

http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,29174.0.html

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
If this is true then the Administration has handed these dealers their case on a silver platter in court.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
If this is true then the Administration has handed these dealers their case on a silver platter in court.

Except for one thing:  Teh Øbamessiah has closed down these people's means of funding any legal challenges they may put up, and they'd be challenging the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, whether they sue the Government directly, or they sue Chrysler.  And they'd be facing all of the "unlimited resources" that Øbamessiah would undoubtedly bring to bear against them.

Welcome to tyranny, brothers and sisters.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline djones520

Except for one thing:  Teh Øbamessiah has closed down these people's means of funding any legal challenges they may put up, and they'd be challenging the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, whether they sue the Government directly, or they sue Chrysler.  And they'd be facing all of the "unlimited resources" that Øbamessiah would undoubtedly bring to bear against them.

Welcome to tyranny, brothers and sisters.

I'm sure there's gotta be a lawyer out there who'd do this pro bono for the noteriety, if there is a real case.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
I’m skeptical that this is as bad as it looks — it’d be politically suicidal, for no benefit greater than petty revenge

Obama and his followers are nothing if not petty.  Everyone Obama surrounds himself with and a great percentage of his followers are angry people in search of revenge.

Still, it is hard to believe the President of the United States would be so petty.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline thundley4

Obama and his followers are nothing if not petty.  Everyone Obama surrounds himself with and a great percentage of his followers are angry people in search of revenge.

Still, it is hard to believe the President of the United States would be so petty.

He's a Chicago politician. Petty vendettas are their specialty, along with other forms of corruption.