Author Topic: I'm tired of the Uber military worship. Bouncy  (Read 2322 times)

Offline CC27

I'm tired of the Uber military worship. Bouncy
« on: October 15, 2019, 08:05:14 AM »
Bluesaph (147 posts)

I'm tired of the Uber military worship

I’m gonna be politically incorrect here. Don’t get me wrong. I do appreciate our military and our vets. I just don’t understand how some vets are so entitled. I’ll give you an example:

My daughter has put herself through college to be a speech language pathologist and teacher. She has worked hard her entire life and her first job was when she was 12.

She says that 9 out of 10 military vets who come into the restaurant where she serves to pay for her education are not satisfied with the free entre they get. They want a bar drink free too and rarely tip.

This weekend I had to run into a Home Depot. I had dropped my husband off and was going to run to the bank when I realized he forgot his wallet in the car. I saw the vet parking spot right up front and was only going to run in for a minute if even that. Albeit this is just a courtesy parking spot. Not illegal to park there. So I pulled in and was running out when an old white guy jumps out of his old white van covered in pro trump and pro America and Christian stickers.

Mind you, I’m in a hurry because I had no intention of staying in that spot. But he charges at me and gets in my face and yells, “What branch of the military did you serve in?” This caught me off guard as well as made me a little nervous. But I don’t tend to back down when confronted. I’m the type that would go down fighting. So I said, “That’s none of your god damned business.” And kept briskly walking into the entrance. The guy FOLLOWS ME. And yells, “I’m a vet and you’re NOT!” All I said was, “Good for you!” I saw my husband. Gave him his wallet and started to leave as the guy stands there mad dogging me the whole way!

Now this does nothing more than make me want to park in that spot any damned time I feel like it!

Rant over.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212582628

Cool story bro. At least this time someone jumped out of nowhere.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 08:09:36 AM by CC27 »

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
Re: I'm tired of the Uber military worship. Bouncy
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2019, 08:23:26 AM »
This weekend I had to run into a Home Depot. I had dropped my husband off and was going to run to the bank when I realized he forgot his wallet in the car. I saw the vet parking spot right up front and was only going to run in for a minute if even that. Albeit this is just a courtesy parking spot. Not illegal to park there. So I pulled in and was running out when an old white guy jumps out of his old white van covered in pro trump and pro America and Christian stickers.

Mind you, I’m in a hurry because I had no intention of staying in that spot. But he charges at me and gets in my face and yells, “What branch of the military did you serve in?” This caught me off guard as well as made me a little nervous. But I don’t tend to back down when confronted. I’m the type that would go down fighting. So I said, “That’s none of your god damned business.” And kept briskly walking into the entrance. The guy FOLLOWS ME. And yells, “I’m a vet and you’re NOT!” All I said was, “Good for you!” I saw my husband. Gave him his wallet and started to leave as the guy stands there mad dogging me the whole way!
What happened to the van? It is unclear if the old guy just jumped out of the van as he was driving by, thus leaving it in the middle of a row in a parking lot or if he was parked when this "happened".
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2019, 08:30:49 AM »
She's probably a shitty waitress.
Also- the old white guy was probably going for the parking spot when you cut him off, if I guess correctly.

Anti-military hating asshat breeds younger angry anti-military hating asshat...

:cheersmate:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2019, 09:42:12 AM »

Hmmmmmm ... how'd he guess, CORRECTLY, that LPC Noob Bluesaph is not a vet? Assuming any of this happened, dubious in the DU-context. Does Bluesaph have a beatermobile held together by "Coexist", Chicken-Track, OhBummer!, and "I'm With Her" stickers?

Speaking of stickers, her gratuitous irrelevant description of the stickers on the white van and the waitress story tell me that the whole post, plus-or-minus the daughter having a (probably) babysitting job, is fiction. Trying too hard ... but DUpipo probably lapped it up. If Bluesaph is as old as her post suggests she's probably hated vets ever since the 70s when she screamed "Baby Killer!" at them.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2019, 09:53:12 AM »
File it in-with the Rude Trumpers In Parking-Lots bouncey's.  It can also go into the Rude Trumpers With Shopping-Carts file, I guess.  DU'z won't notice.

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2019, 11:35:22 AM »
I thought DUpipo weren't supposed to shop at Home Depot.

Offline jukin

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2019, 12:13:25 PM »
LIE 1: My daughter has put herself through college..

LIE 2:  She has worked hard her entire life

LIE 3:  her first job was when she was 12

LIE 4: She says that 9 out of 10 military vets who come into the restaurant where she serves to pay for her education are not satisfied with the free entre they get.

LIE 5: They want a bar drink free too and rarely tip.

LIE 6: was only going to run in for a minute if even that.

LIE 7: old white guy jumps out of his old white van covered in pro trump and pro America and Christian stickers.  (It was a bush)

LIE 8:  I had no intention of staying in that spot

LIE 9 & 10:  But I don’t tend to back down when confronted. I’m the type that would go down fighting.

LIE 11: as the guy stands there mad dogging me the whole way! (how does one mad dog and stand?)

TRUTH 1:  want to park in that spot any damned time I feel like it! (Which is exactly what the DUchebag did.)
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2019, 02:00:36 PM »
My daughter has put herself through college to be a speech language pathologist and teacher. She has worked hard her entire life and her first job was when she was 12.

She says that 9 out of 10 military vets who come into the restaurant where she serves to pay for her education

so what is it? She put herself thru college to become a speech patholigist and a teacher or she's working at a restaurant to pay for her education?

I sense a contradiction in this "story"...
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2019, 02:46:55 PM »
so what is it? She put herself thru college to become a speech patholigist and a teacher or she's working at a restaurant to pay for her education?

Zap!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2019, 03:44:02 PM »
Yeah, piss on those vets. So what that they signed away 2 or more years of their lives to be separated from their families and loved ones. Screw them for putting their lives on the line for their country.

You miserable piece  of shit you don't deserve to live here.
So your daughter has a job and is earning her keep, so f**king what!! That's what most people on earth do they aren't looking for freebies or for others to give them a free ride.

Your story about an "old man and his old van" shows your disrespect for others, specially if they aren't as well off as you. If it were me I would have let the  air out of all your tires and you couls have walked home, ass hole! :loser: :bird: :bird: :bird:
 :mad: :mad: :mad:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2019, 04:44:25 PM »
old white man in an old white van

Uh-oh, this noob has pissed off some major dummies with her story:

Star Member pintobean (17,953 posts)

63. We're being played

Star Member Stinky The Clown (60,839 posts)

72. I am a vet. Your whole post sounds "off". I don't believe you.

But you sure can paint with a broad brush.

UNREC

MineralMan (124,251 posts)

138. I looked it up. Yard House offers a free appetizer on Veterans Day.

That's it. So, your story doesn't actually ring very true, does it.

better watch out, Bluesaph, someone might dox you.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SVPete

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2019, 06:01:06 PM »
She's been Cool-Story'ed? :rotf:

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2019, 07:00:15 AM »
She doubles down on stupid every post she makes;

Bluesaph (149 posts)

48. Not sorry I parked there

We don’t have a draft. People who serve in the military are paid. They get a lot of other perks like medical for life, cheap insurance and help buying their homes, help to go to college, if they are injured their kids to to college free.

Private businesses should not have to provide free shit for vets when we are all already paying toward all their benefits.

To those who don’t believe my daughter’s experience, F off. She’s been serving for seven years at numerous restaurants, currently Yard House. If that’s the experience she’s had then who is anyone to say it’s not? For some reason when a vet walks in and starts asking what freebies they are going to get she automatically knows her tip and time is going to be shit. She’s someone who gets $100 bills left for her service because she’s a great server.

I can park wherever I damned well please and this post just made me want to park in that spot every damned time. It’s not illegal. So anyone who doesn’t like it can also F off.

How about we have a reserved spot for teachers who babysit and educate the future vets who will be sacrificed to republican wars? That I would honor!

Bluesaph (149 posts)

52. My vet son in law

Gave me a kudos. He said he’s insulted that some vets demand free shit.

My daughter (same one) says when her buddy who joined the military comes home to visit he insists people pay for him wherever they go...

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2019, 08:52:05 AM »
Bluesaph (149 posts)

48. Not sorry I parked there

We don’t have a draft. People who serve in the military are paid 1.. They get a lot of other perks like medical for life, cheap insurance and help buying their homes, help to go to college, if they are injured their kids to to college free. 3.

Private businesses should not have to provide free shit for vets 2. when we are all already paying toward all their benefits.

1. The typical bilge from Libs/Progs who resent the military. Their follow-up, when it is pointed out that military pay is not very remunerative and military service is hazardous or dangerous  is, "Well they accepted it."

2. I have not heard of any state law or municipal ordinance that requires businesses to "provide free shit for vets". If any state does, it certainly would not be California where this t#$t lives. Whether corporate or store policy, businesses that do so do it of their own choice. FWIW, I've been to three Home Depot locations here in Silicon Valley, and none have a parking spot reserved for vets.

3. Congresses, with Presidents' signatures, decided long ago that these benefits were EARNED by vets' un-remunerative and hazardous/dangerous service to our country. That t#$t is alive and free to spout her stupidity because of them. That latter is probably something that rankles her. But one of her freedoms they protected is her right to petition her Congress-Critter to shut off veterans' benefits. If she hasn't already.

For any DU Onlurkers: I have never served in the military, and do not receive veterans' benefits. Mrs. SVPete is not a veteran, nor are our kids serving in the military. Further, none of us work for military contractors or any defense industry. I have no monetary motive underlying my comments above.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2019, 09:28:48 AM »
We don’t have a draft. People who serve in the military are paid 1.. They get a lot of other perks like medical for life, cheap insurance and help buying their homes, help to go to college, if they are injured their kids to to college free. 3.

Private businesses should not have to provide free shit for vets 2. when we are all already paying toward all their benefits.

take the annual pay for someone in the Military and divide by the number of hours in a year and see what their hourly wage is.  Being in the Military means you are ready to serve at a moment's notice 24/7/365.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2019, 05:07:55 AM »
I've never seen a vet demand something for free.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline GOP Congress

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2019, 02:14:14 PM »
FWIW, Home Depot gives a 10% discount across the board to Veterans. It's an unannounced corporate policy. Show your VA card and it's yours. (At least this was what I was TOLD back in 2016 when I bought $800 worth of fencing and saved 80 bucks here in the DFW metroplex. Not sure if they would get the same answer in California, though they should.)
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2019, 03:17:13 PM »
OP is just another low post count, lying POS spinning a tall tale looking for street cred at the DUmp.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2019, 03:55:28 PM »
But I don’t tend to back down when confronted. I’m the type that would go down fighting. [/quote

Highly unlikely.  DUmmies are only brave when of a big crowd.

The only worry people have is getting cut by shards as you fall to pieces.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2019, 02:07:03 PM »

I vote restaurant give that the DUmmie probably choose a worthless degree.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.