Author Topic: Singer Bette Midler has told Sky News she is quitting touring - to help save the  (Read 966 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Singer Bette Midler has told Sky News she is quitting touring - to help save the planet.

The 62-year-old says she feels that the fleet of 14 lorries she uses to ship her show from city to city causes too much pollution.

So instead she's decided to pitch up in Las Vegas and do a $13m residency instead.

"Over the years, the number of trucks that I have behind me has grown exponentially and I don't really like that, I don't like wasting the gas," she told me on a promotional trip to London.

*snip*

Backing Democrat Barack Obama for the White House, she's suspicious of the competition, namely Republican hockey mum Sarah Palin.

*snip*

So if politics, climate change and $13m worth of feathers are your thing, Bette Midler's pitched up in Vegas for the foreseeable and she's waiting for you to arrive.

:rotf:

MORE

Why would anyone pay money to listen to that hag belchout "music".  She can't carry a tune in a bucket with the lid on it.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lord Undies

I told y'all more than a few times that I "know" Bette from backstage and that she is an emotional nutzoid.  I told ya'!

BTW, Midler is a very talented entertainer and her shows are (were?) an experience to behold.  IOW, she is good at what she does.  But she is a wacko, and I don't mean in the humorous way. 

Thirty years ago, Midler was one of those entertainers who could not come out of character when leaving the stage.  Example, if the last song she sang before leaving the stage was "Hello In There", she would cry for hours.  If it was "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy", she'd be in Patti Andrews mode for hours.  I assume she is the same today.

Offline jendf

She performed last season on American Idol. Her face was pulled so tight she could barely move her mouth. She may have been a good performer in her heyday, but she sure stunk it up on the American Idol stage. I would never shell out money to see her.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
She performed last season on American Idol. Her face was pulled so tight she could barely move her mouth. She may have been a good performer in her heyday, but she sure stunk it up on the American Idol stage. I would never shell out money to see her.

She's 62, the voice is gone so......................... VEGAS HERE I COME!  :loser:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Lord Undies

She's 62, the voice is gone so......................... VEGAS HERE I COME!  :loser:

You are right.  Vegas is where they end up when all they have left is their reputation.  See:  Cher Bono

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
Could be worse...could be Branson.  :-)
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
We used to go see her perform "off,off" broadway, back in the 70's before she became a phenomenon, and always thought she put on a good show......

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline jinxmchue

The 62-year-old says she feels that the fleet of 14 lorries she uses to ship her show from city to city causes too much pollution.

Yep.  She made her millions with the buses, so it's all good.  Don't expect her to make up for the "damage" she thinks she caused already.  She couldn't afford it anyway considering how expensive "carbon offsets" are.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Ah Vegas. Home of the neverending farewell tours.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle