Author Topic: Incandescent Light Bulb Ban Starts On August 1; Gas Stove Ban Coming Next  (Read 179 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Incandescent Light Bulb Ban Starts On August 1; Gas Stove Ban Coming Next
https://www.informationliberation.com/?id=63884

Biden's Department of Energy plans to mete out "the maximum civil penalty" against manufacturers that "knowingly distribute" illicit light bulbs which violate their new efficiency standards.

From Politico, "While everyone was yelling about gas stoves, the incandescent light bulb went away":
It's lights out for the incandescent bulbs that people have known, changed and singed their hands on for 140 years.

The modern descendant of Thomas Edison's most famous legacy is set to formally meet its demise in the U.S. at the end of this month, despite years of efforts by Republicans to extend its lifespan. As of Aug. 1, the Energy Department will fully enforce new efficiency regulations that the old bulbs can't meet, effectively prohibiting their retail sale.

[...] The endgame for old light bulbs came quietly — by early this year, lawmakers had mostly moved on to squabbling over gas stoves and other newer targets of the Energy Department's efficiency efforts.

First, came the incandescent light bulb. Gas stoves come next.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Online Old n Grumpy

It seems like our government has turned into the gestapo. All these government agencies full of unelected bureaucrats are dictating how we live  :argh:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!