Author Topic: Even the Aliens Are Boring  (Read 220 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Even the Aliens Are Boring
« on: August 02, 2023, 09:11:57 PM »
Even the Aliens Are Boring
https://charleshughsmith.blogspot.com/2023/08/even-aliens-are-boring.html

Everything is boring, even the aliens.

Sometimes truth is best revealed tongue-in-cheek, that is, in semi-serious banter rather than supposedly serious analysis.

Consider the recent flood-tide of "news" about extraterrestrial vehicles, a.k.a. UFOs and UAPs--(formerly Unidentified Aerial Phenomena, now Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena, to include underwater phenomena.

Prolific podcaster (1,314 podcasts and counting) Tommy Corrigan and I tackled the UAP mystery--why are UAPs now an officially sanctioned "thing"?--in a free-form conversation, Aliens Are Boring (1:08 hrs).

As you can tell from the title of our podcast, the truth is the Powers That Be have managed to make the aliens boring. Rather than the "revelations" being "stunning" or "shocking," the entire exercise was as boring as everything else the PTB manage.

Hype and outrage, people just lose interest.

Or, as some anticipate, the "UAPs are now a thing" story is the cover for the unveiling of the weaponization of space that's already well underway. That would be mildly interesting, but to the degree it's already been anticipated, it too would quickly slide into the boring bin.

The problem may well be terminal boredom with the whole shebang. Everything has been so relentlessly hyped to grab "attention" that the dosage now exceeds the event horizon of any possible effect: the screaming, shouting cacophony of "news", crises, threats, revelations, scandals, cover-ups, PR, marketing, narrative-control, gambling, gaming, threadbare outrage, bogus statistics, etc. no longer move the needle. Everything is boring, even the aliens.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Old n Grumpy

Re: Even the Aliens Are Boring
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2023, 07:07:34 AM »
It’s just another distraction to take people away from the biden scandal and the mess they have made out of our country  :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Drafe Hoblin

Re: Even the Aliens Are Boring
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2023, 10:47:55 PM »
To the human mind, the fantastic becomes philosophically-mundane within a few seconds. 

It's our self-preservation gene.