Author Topic: San Francisco's Criminals and Crack Heads Lose Another Big Retailer to Loot  (Read 1385 times)

Offline SVPete

From the Hot Air post linked above:

And yet, there are some hints that maybe it is the conditions that are driving this. People are still going to the mall, just not in downtown San Francisco. An hour south in more suburban San Jose the Westfield owned mall is booming:

Westfield Valley Fair in San Jose has begun to attract visitors and retail activity at levels that top the big shopping mall’s activity even prior to the outbreak of the coronavirus.

The retail center is going through a stretch where it is attracting merchants at a brisk pace, according to Sue Newsom, senior general manager with Westfield Valley Fair…

“Our foot traffic has been exceptional,” Newsom said. “We now are way beyond our pre-COVID retail sales and foot traffic.”

I avoid Valley Fair for several reasons:

* Access sucks; Stevens Creek Blvd. is the same size it was 40 or 50 years ago, and across the street from Valley Fair is another large mallish-thingy, Santana Row;

* I don't like multi-level parking structure, and that is what Valley Fair has (Sanatana Row does, too, and I avoid that place, too);

* The place a very busy, and I'm borderline agoraphobic.

All in all, Westfield does mall management well, and Valley Fair, an hour and change drive south of SF on I-280, is doing just fine.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2023, 11:40:27 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Emails show what was behind closure of San Francisco mall (plus another major closure)

https://hotair.com/john-s-2/2023/06/15/emails-show-what-was-behind-closure-of-san-francisco-mall-plus-another-major-closure-n558337
And yet, there are some hints that maybe it is the conditions that are driving this. People are still going to the mall, just not in downtown San Francisco. An hour south in more suburban San Jose the Westfield owned mall is booming:
Westfield Valley Fair in San Jose has begun to attract visitors and retail activity at levels that top the big shopping mall’s activity even prior to the outbreak of the coronavirus.

The retail center is going through a stretch where it is attracting merchants at a brisk pace, according to Sue Newsom, senior general manager with Westfield Valley Fair…

“Our foot traffic has been exceptional,” Newsom said. “We now are way beyond our pre-COVID retail sales and foot traffic.”

One of the "dirty little secrets" (pun bitterly intended) about BART, going back a couple of decades is that escalators need to be shut down and "repaired" periodically, because they get gummed up with bum-crap and bum-piss. Using handrailings as one climbs the steps from the BART platforms to SF streets is also, ummm, inadvisable. So bum-crap in a mall's elevators is just a natural expansion of bum-territory.

Gee. Live in a leftist-run shithole, have to dodge excrement every - friggin' - where. Who'd have thunk? :confused:  :whatever:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline SVPete

Giving a bit more context to Westfield's bailing on its SF mall, besides the somewhat upscale Valley Fair, on the border of San Jose and Santa Clara, Westfield also manages Oakridge mall in southwest San Jose, which is a bit more mid-scale. Oakridge is also quite busy (I was there Saturday PM).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Old n Grumpy

Now that places to loot are becoming increasingly scarce it looks like the city will have to pay them reparations  :-)
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline ADsOutburst

One of the "dirty little secrets" (pun bitterly intended) about BART, going back a couple of decades is that escalators need to be shut down and "repaired" periodically, because they get gummed up with bum-crap and bum-piss. Using handrailings as one climbs the steps from the BART platforms to SF streets is also, ummm, inadvisable. So bum-crap in a mall's elevators is just a natural expansion of bum-territory.

Gee. Live in a leftist-run shithole, have to dodge excrement every - friggin' - where. Who'd have thunk? :confused:  :whatever:

San Franshitco? San Franscheißco?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2023, 08:52:40 PM by ADsOutburst »

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Crime so out of control in San Francisco, stores are locking up candy
https://thepostmillennial.com/crime-so-out-of-control-in-san-francisco-stores-are-locking-up-candy

San Francisco residents that are looking to satisy a sweet tooth will have to go through a series of extra steps as candy is now being locked up in stores amid rising crime in the not so 'golden' city.

While Butterfingers, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Starbursts, and M&M's are locked up behind bars, illegal drugs are readily available for consumers as they flow rampant down the city's streets that are plagued by urine, human feces, and homeless vagrants looking for their next hit.

In order to fend off thieves, San Francisco store owners have taken extra measures to combat rampant retail theft and are locking up merchandise up and down store aisles, which now includes candy.

A photo taken by the Daily Mail at a Walgreens store shows a mixture of America's favorite chocolate and gummy candies confined behind a sheer box with a lock on it. If consumers want to purchase a KitKat or a Hershey's Kiss, they will have to ring an alarm for a store associate to come and assist them in grabbing the item off of the shelf.

No more candy.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Old n Grumpy

If consumers want to purchase a KitKat or a Hershey's Kiss, they will have to ring an alarm for a store associate to come and assist them in grabbing the item off of the shelf.

What will happen next is either they will smash and grab what they want or mug the employee that comes to open the case  :thatsright:

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
San Francisco Ranked Worst-Run City In America
https://zerohedge.com/markets/san-francisco-ranked-worst-run-city-america

It will hardly come as a surprise to readers, and indeed anyone, that San Francisco, plagued with shit-covered streets, a drug and homelessness crisis, out-of-control violent crime, and a commercial real estate downturn, has ranked as the worst-run city in the country, according to a new study by personal finance website WalletHub.

WalletHub researchers analyzed 149 cities via a "quality of services" score. They were able to find the score by using 36 metrics, like high school graduation rates, public hospital system quality, and crime rates, condensing those metrics into six categories, which were then measured against the city's per-capita budget.

San Francisco scored 149 out of 149 cities. Across the six key categories, the city ranked 92 in the economy, 65 in safety, and 49 in financial stability. Even though the city ranked last on the overall list, there were some bright spots, number two in health and 12 in health.

No surprise there.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline SVPete

SF ranks high in health because, in large part, of UCSF. It's among the best teaching hospitals on the West Coast, and the "UC" means University of California. Other than not driving UCSF out of SF, the City of SF gets zero credit for it.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
San Francisco Office Vacancy Rate Soars to Record High
https://freebeacon.com/latest-news/san-francisco-office-vacancy-rate-soars-to-record-high/

Office vacancies in San Francisco hit a record high rate in the second quarter as businesses flee the crime-ridden city.

The vacancy rate hit 31.8 percent in this year's second quarter, which continues a three-year trend of the market's downturn. In the last three months alone, 1.9 million square feet of office space was added to the market, the San Francisco Chronicle reported.

Among the companies trying to ditch their office space in the struggling city this quarter were Uber, Airbnb, and Salesforce.

It's the latest statistic highlighting the decline of the California city. Homicides in San Francisco have increased nearly 40 percent from 2020 to 2022 and deaths from fentanyl have spiked.

San Francisco office vacancy rate is at an all time high. Even hotels are pulling out.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
The San Francisco real estate market is a ‘disaster,’ expert says
https://www.foxbusiness.com/real-estate/san-francisco-real-estate-market-disaster-expert

The Golden City has been no stranger to the volatile housing market, but one New York City real estate powerhouse led by mother-daughter team Dolly and Jenny Lenz warns San Francisco is now a "disaster" for the industry.

"It was once the jewel and the crown. San Francisco was our personal favorite city, our clients' favorite city. The jewel and the crown is a disaster," Dolly Lenz Real Estate CEO Dolly Lenz said on "The Claman Countdown" Thursday.

"Several huge hoteliers have given back the keys to the lenders" Dolly added. "They just said, You know what, I give up. I paid a billion and a half. You gave me a $700 million loan. I can't afford to make the payments, and you're not going to refinance."

In June, Park Hotels & Resorts Inc. announced that it stopped making payments on a $725 million loan that secured both its 1,921-room Hilton San Francisco Union Square and 1,024-room Parc 55 San Francisco properties and expects to remove them from its portfolio, citing several "major challenges" in the California city.

San Francisco has gone downhill along with real estate. Homelessness and crime are widespread in San Francisco.

Park's departure comes amid a growing exodus of retailers fleeing downtown San Francisco for various reasons as the city continues to struggle with retail theft, homelessness and a raging drug crisis.

Companies including AT&T, Westfield and Nordstrom are among businesses planning to also exit San Francisco's downtown area.

Dolly claimed, in San Francisco, "residential is dead, commercial is deader."
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Migrants say San Francisco's sanctuary city policies make it so easy to sell drugs, it's fueling a real estate boom in Honduras
https://www.theblaze.com/news/honduras-drug-dealers-sanctuary-sf

A report from the San Francisco Chronicle found that sanctuary city policies aided drug dealers from Honduras so much that the money sent home is fueling a real estate boom.

The report cited interviews with Honduran migrants who sold drugs in San Francisco.

Migrants said that the sanctuary city policies meant a lower risk of deportation and shorter stints in prison after criminal convictions for drug sales and other crimes.

Under the central tenet of the sanctuary law, the city jail does not allow ICE to place holds on local prisoners so they can be picked up upon release and deported. The only way most dealers face deportation is if they are arrested on federal charges or in another city.

One drug dealer told the Chronicle that at least 50% of the drug dealers in his home town were selling in San Francisco because of the lax enforcement policies.

The Honduran migrants are drug dealers and making it good in San Francisco.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Old n Grumpy

The government has made it easy for foreign criminals to aid in the demise of our country.
They should be held accountable  :thatsright: