Author Topic: Gravity Doesn't Exist  (Read 9281 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Re: Gravity Doesn't Exist
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2010, 01:48:53 PM »
I thought that theory had been discarded several years back?

Entropy ....where the universe becomes unwound, so to speak, colapses back upon itself and BIG BANGS all over again.
Entropy is observed as the loss of usable energy through the exchange of heat. It diminishes the amount of usuable energy that can be provided to accomplish work. Its presence in and of itself does not dictate an oscillating universe. And far from being a theory it is established as the second of 3 laws of thermodynamics. Everything you do requires energy and from that the amount of usable energy is diminished through heat.

More or less.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_law_of_thermodynamics

For an oscillating universe we would need enough gravity to overcome the expansion of the universe intiated at the creation event--and in this case entropy may actually supply that gravity--but we would need enough energy to push the universe back out once it did collapse...which too much entropy may actually impede. Lacking enough gravity and the universe expands itself into a lukewarm gaseous vapor. Too much entropy and the universe collapses with a dull splat into a cooling puddle of mush.

Interesting that all out planets are either round or oval.

All spin clock wise except for one that spins about counter clock wise.

Is this the effect of graviety on them,  then I think of the magitism on earth and out there ----is there a symbiotic realitionship between them.?
And sudddenly my faith in US schools is rekindled.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2010, 02:00:04 PM »
Actually Uranus has an axial tilt of 98 degrees, virtually having its axis pointed at the Sun, so it is really a bit arbitrary to say whether the original North Pole is the one pointing out or pointing in, so the interpretation that it spins opposite to the other planets is just a wee bit interpretational.

The clockwise spin of the planets is mainly due to the clockwise rotation of the proto-system.  Once the cosmic dust started to rotate as the Sun coalesced, it set up the conditions to cause the planets to rotate clockwise as they coalesced as well.  Since the dust inside the orbital track of the planetary node would be moving slightly slower than the dust on the outside of the orbital track, it would set up a tiny accretional and frictional bias (With a large cumulative effect) in favor of clockwise rotation of each forming planetary body.

Captured bodies originating outside the system, evolutions of pole orientation by planets that do not have a large stabilizing satellite, or major collision after-effects can produce counter-rotating bodies, but they wouldn't naturally form in place that way.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2010, 02:13:36 PM »
Oo-o-o-o

Somebody gots himself a new Word-A-Day calendar!

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2010, 02:46:17 PM »
Oo-o-o-o

Somebody gots himself a new Word-A-Day calendar!

Dude.  Ain't rabbits supposed to be mute?

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2010, 03:23:38 PM »
Dude.  Ain't rabbits supposed to be mute?
Don't you mean "aphasiac"?

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2010, 04:01:02 PM »
Don't you mean "aphasiac"?

Nah, my Dad had aphasia after his stroke, it's not the same thing at all.  But then you're a rabbit, so what would you know...

:tongue:

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2010, 04:09:36 PM »
Nah, my Dad had aphasia after his stroke, it's not the same thing at all.  But then you're a rabbit, so what would you know...

:tongue:
Aphasia is only a description, it's not a condition in and of itself. Kinda like how bronchitis doesn't speak of any particular ailment it is merely the term for inflammation of the bronchia.

Dohn't dey teech yu kolluj tipes nuffin'?

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2010, 04:35:50 PM »
Aphasia is only a description, it's not a condition in and of itself. Kinda like how bronchitis doesn't speak of any particular ailment it is merely the term for inflammation of the bronchia.

Dohn't dey teech yu kolluj tipes nuffin'?

Sometimes yes, sometimes no, but condition or symptom, if there's even a difference here, it still doesn't fit.  I guess that's where the phrase 'Dumb bunny' comes from, though.

:evillaugh:

Offline Godot showed up

« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2010, 10:16:11 AM »
I would imagine that what is driving the universe outward is the interia of the creative event. i.e. big bang.

From there I would guess-timate that if all things observed are ordered systems of information then the nearly-emergent universe would be hyper-informative. IOW: all information that would become all ordered systems was compressed but still possessed its inherent informational qualities to become said systems. Perhaps disorder sets in immediately after the bang and as gravity becomes a macro-scale phenomenon it works in conjunction with the inherent information.

Imagine looking at a scattering of raw matter, but then imagine seeing that matter order itself into the form of a crystal because that is what its information tells it to do (obviously one day entropy will wear this crystal done to its composite materials...dust-to-dust, if you will). As the matter begins to align itself it takes on structure but where there is no structure there is void. Watching from a (sub-)atomic scale this alignment may very well have the appearance of a repellent force and indeed the mechanics of such processes suggests such things within the chemical interplay.

Maybe.

Or maybe my parents did too much acid in the 60s.

How could the original expansion-as-cause-of-current-expansion account for the apparent acceleration of the expansion?