Author Topic: Toby Keith, country music star, dies at 62. He was suffering from cancer.  (Read 186 times)

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/toby-keith-country-music-star-dead-62/

Country music star Toby Keith has died, his social media sites and website announced early Tuesday. He was 62.

The sites said he "passed peacefully last night on February 5th, surrounded by his family. He fought his fight with grace and courage. Please respect the privacy of his family at this time."

Keith announced in June 2022 that he'd been undergoing treatment for stomach cancer since the previous fall.

The multiplatinum-selling singer-songwriter tweeted at the time that he'd had surgery and chemotherapy and radiation in the prior six months.

"So far, so good," the Oklahoma native said. "I need time to breathe, recover and relax.

This was disappointing news to wake up to.  I didn't know he had cancer, and even so 62 is too young. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruNrdmjcNTc
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Online DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Re: Toby Keith, country music star, dies at 62. He was suffering from cancer.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2024, 03:18:54 PM »
I haz a sad.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Airwolf

Re: Toby Keith, country music star, dies at 62. He was suffering from cancer.
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2024, 05:03:45 PM »
Love him and his music. I'm going to miss him.  A Great Patriot.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"