Author Topic: The Red Sox thread....  (Read 1287 times)

Offline formerlurker

The Red Sox thread....
« on: June 19, 2008, 07:35:17 PM »
Yes I know I will probably be the only one posting in it, but the Red Sox can't share the stage of a Dodgers' thread, so.....

JD Drew is having a MVP year people.     

Best record in baseball.  Tops in hitting and pitching.   

Yes, it is lonely at the top.........   

Offline Red October

• Future All Star
Re: The Red Sox thread....
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 08:15:36 PM »
I'd rather see the MVP go to a goddam DH than JD Drew. 

JD Drew is the Devil!

Offline formerlurker

Re: The Red Sox thread....
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 05:05:46 AM »
I'd rather see the MVP go to a goddam DH than JD Drew. 

JD Drew is the Devil!

It's 11 years into his career, and sometimes you still have no idea who or what J.D. Drew is.

more stories like thisWhen his skill set is analyzed by the scouts, the consensus is there's a superstar somewhere in there. It peeks out every so often, then as quickly as it appears, it can vanish and he becomes ordinary. The trick for Drew has been to keep those superstar skills in evidence for longer periods.

This season, he's done that. In the absence of David Ortiz, Drew, who has been in Ortiz's No. 3 spot in the order since June 4, is hitting .429 with seven homers and 17 RBIs. Terry Francona couldn't have scripted things better.

"If a guy had to pick a time for this to happen . . . the timing is impeccable," said the Red Sox manager after a 7-4 win over the Phillies yesterday in which Drew knocked in four runs.

Drew (.327, 13 homers, 43 RBIs, .432 on-base, .610 slugging percentage this season) stroked four hits, including a three-run homer in the first inning. He knocked in another run in the third.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2008/06/19/puzzling_drew_has_all_the_pieces_together/

Drew is putting up ridiculous numbers.   He has found a home in Boston and is settling in fabulously.    He is feeling the la-la-love here.     A-fraud can kiss his ass cause Drew keeps this up he will be taking MVP this season.