Author Topic: MLB : instant replay by august 1  (Read 6784 times)

Offline formerlurker

Re: MLB : instant replay by august 1
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2008, 02:54:14 PM »

I would actually suggest that it is rather amazing the number of calls that initially look wrong, but upon slow motion review, are proven right.

That has to be a NL thang, cause they are WRONG AS WRONG CAN BE when it happens in the AL.   

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2008, 03:11:59 PM »

people forget that for every person that is pissed off by a blown call, there is, in theory if not in actual practice, a relieved person that was pulling for the team that got the gift.  it's part of the game.

Being a Dodgers fan you wouldn't understand this (), but when you are in a pennant race and it's bottom of the ninth and Manny was robbed of a 3 run home run then damn it Skippy, I could care less about the relieved Yankee fan.  (<----- well in all honesty I could care less about the Yankee fan anyway).

Rat bastard Umps need a babysitter.    Where is my pitchfork!!! 

some sox fans are priceless.  they suddenly think that the rest of us forgot the 86 years preceding 2004. :whatever: :tongue:
bad calls are a purely random event.  (well, other than in the NBA, where they are a revenue opportunity :-)they are not specifically targeted at manny.   

Two words -- Joe. West. 

You don't have to post an apology in the thread, I will take it by PM to save you some face.   

if MLB fired three umpires, they would dramatically reduce the incidence of bad calls in one afternoon.  joe west, angel hernandez, and CB bucknor.   but they suck wildly in all directions.  they don't suck especially hard for particular players.

they just suck.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2008, 03:13:49 PM »

I would actually suggest that it is rather amazing the number of calls that initially look wrong, but upon slow motion review, are proven right.

That has to be a NL thang, cause they are WRONG AS WRONG CAN BE when it happens in the AL.   

I think they did away with the AL/NL division of umpires.  don't they all work for MLB now?

Offline thundley4

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2008, 04:37:17 PM »

if MLB fired three umpires, they would dramatically reduce the incidence of bad calls in one afternoon.  joe west, angel hernandez, and CB bucknor.   but they suck wildly in all directions.  they don't suck especially hard for particular players.

they just suck.

[/quote]

Two of those three almost always screw the Cubs on blown calls.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2008, 05:13:15 PM »

they just suck.

[/quote]

Add the Mets to the list who get screwed by Hernandez and Bucknor.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2008, 09:42:38 PM »

they just suck.

Add the Mets to the list who get screwed by Hernandez and Bucknor.

it isn't just us.  google worst MLB umpires and those are the two names you see over and over.