Author Topic: NBA finals (game four)  (Read 5298 times)

Offline ReardenSteel

NBA finals (game four)
« on: June 12, 2008, 08:00:37 PM »
It's that time again....

Go Boston!

On edit:

LA needs someone to step up and help Kobe again. Vujacic did it in game three. Can he do it again? Where is Gasol's game?

Boston need it's stars to play much bigger than they did last time out. My man Ray Allen seems to have found his game.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 08:04:32 PM by ReardenSteel »
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline ReardenSteel

Re: NBA finals (game four)
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 08:28:12 PM »
BIG start for the Lakers. Damn. Up 24 to 7 and it's PJ who takes the time out, lol.

LA is looking like they did during the near miracle come-back from game two.
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 08:35:36 PM »
BIG start for the Lakers. Damn. Up 24 to 7 and it's PJ who takes the time out, lol.

They had a horrible team effort in Game 3 and were lucky that Boston had the same.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 08:38:10 PM by Odin's Hand »
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 08:39:24 PM »
35-14 after one. Damn. "They" say it's a record. I believe them.  :(

- Ayn Rand

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 08:40:54 PM »

They had a horrible team effort in Game 3 and were lucky that Boston had the same.

Yup. That game 3 was downright hard to watch.  :p

- Ayn Rand

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 09:19:17 PM »
Odom is tearing it up out there.

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 10:14:39 PM »
Now it's the fourth and Boston has clawed their way back into the game.

Odom's been great like ya said OH but I be afeared that Kobe is going to explode in the last quarter though he has been quiet all game.

C'mon Celtics!!!

- Ayn Rand

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008, 10:53:47 PM »
Now THAT was a great game. Just wow.

Kobe looked downright human all day.

Congrats to the Celtics!

- Ayn Rand

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2008, 06:09:13 AM »
Kobe "MVP" Bryant walked off the court in the last drive of the game.   

S-U-P-E-R-S-T-A-R!

I guess the Lakers aren't all that and a bag of chips are they? 

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2008, 08:06:51 AM »
This series is done. The Celtics will take it in Boston.

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2008, 08:34:30 AM »
FINALLY, the world sees......

KOBE is not MICHAEL JORDAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2008, 09:39:35 AM »

thank you ...

I was thinking the same thing....

this celtics team actually looking pretty damn good...

now if they could be more stable, like the SPURS for instance, we may be seeing the next dynasty if KG sticks around another 3-4 years...

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2008, 10:06:05 AM »

Duh!  :whatever:

Everyone knows that.

On edit:

LEBRON JAMES is MICHAEL JORDAN!!!!!!!!!

(Just kidding. I didn't really edit this post)  :p

- Ayn Rand

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2008, 10:12:41 AM »

Everyone knows that.

Everyone except everyone who is an "expert" on basketball.
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2008, 10:18:46 AM »

Everyone knows that.

Everyone except everyone who is an "expert" on basketball.

Yeah, your right. It is said far to often and by people who should know better. Folks are quick to forget how good MJ was on defense and being a team leader and having heart, let alone the very debatable comparisons one might make on offensive talent.

- Ayn Rand

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2008, 10:25:44 AM »

Everyone knows that.

On edit:

LEBRON JAMES is PAUL PIERCE!!!!!!!!!

(Just kidding. I didn't really edit this post)  :p

fixed  :lmao:

I thought it was laughable that all the 'lebron hype' out there & a guy national fans prolly never heard of named paul pierce, basically matched lebrons numbers the entire series... :p

now of course, paul pierce is a househould name ...especially after the knee incident....

but I think lebron will be better than kobe ever was...

but neither are close to MJ...

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2008, 10:31:10 AM »
Note to self:

When I start my own NBA team, do not sign European players.  They are good for the regular season, but are too soft for the playoffs.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2008, 10:34:33 AM »
Pau Gasol has always been a punk on the low block. He is more suited to be a high post ball-distributor, offensively, which doesn't suit the triangle offense well.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2008, 10:45:49 AM »
fixed  :lmao:

I thought it was laughable that all the 'lebron hype' out there & a guy national fans prolly never heard of named paul pierce, basically matched lebrons numbers the entire series... :p

now of course, paul pierce is a househould name ...especially after the knee incident....

but I think lebron will be better than kobe ever was...

but neither are close to MJ...

Only name I ever heard and then considered "close to MJ" was/is Wilt Chamberlain. I think MJ is the best ever.

However LeBron may very well be better than Jordan was when Jordan was aged 19-22. But that can by no means tell us what kind of career King James will have. LeBron could easily never win a single championship let alone six. Plus, if James fell down a flight of stairs next Tuesday, he would be forgotten all together in a few years. (at least outside of Cleveland) MJ is a legend. (and earned it)

I will say this though, Kobe and LeBron combined will likely have fewer retirements than MJ.  :tongue:

- Ayn Rand

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2008, 10:59:04 AM »
Note to self:

When I start my own NBA team, do not sign European players.  They are good for the regular season, but are too soft for the playoffs.

Lean toward the "Tony's" if you do go European. (Kukoc, Parker)

Andrei Kirilenko is worth it for no other reason than he's the spitting image of Ivan Draco.

I can't remember if Nowitzki (sp?) won anything. (??)

- Ayn Rand

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2008, 12:05:25 PM »
Note to self:

When I start my own NBA team, do not sign European players.  They are good for the regular season, but are too soft for the playoffs.

Andrei Kirilenko is worth it for no other reason than he's the spitting image of Ivan Draco.

NOT CHAMPIONSHIPS

just NBA/media ass kissing awards....

but he is in dallas so... :thatsright: .....

speaking of dallas, are you preparring for the big thick flood of bullshit coming from the media/NFL about 'americas team' this season ??

now that pacman is teamed up w/ his bangbros T.O. & ROMO, the gaydars will be on high voltage all season ...

I'm just hoping the giants don't choke, cause they will be one of the few teams in the NFC that we be able to kick dallas's ass this season & keep them in check...

Offline THA HOUSTON PIMP IS IN DA HOUZ!

• I pimp; you GET pimped.
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2008, 12:50:43 PM »
Kobe "MVP" Bryant walked off the court in the last drive of the game.   

S-U-P-E-R-S-T-A-R!

I guess the Lakers aren't all that and a bag of chips are they? 

OH that was so sweet to see Boston come back.    Kobe should definitely get credit for getting an overachieving Lakers club to the Finals.

However, they're no match for Big Green.

Go Celts!

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2008, 12:52:01 PM »
Note to self:

When I start my own NBA team, do not sign European players.  They are good for the regular season, but are too soft for the playoffs.

NOT CHAMPIONSHIPS

speaking of dallas, are you preparring for the big thick flood of bullshit coming from the media/NFL about 'americas team' this season ??

now that pacman is teamed up w/ his bangbros T.O. & ROMO, the gaydars will be on high voltage all season ...

I'm just hoping the giants don't choke, cause they will be one of the few teams in the NFC that we be able to kick dallas's ass this season & keep them in check...

Seen some of the BS about the Cowgirls already. Fantasy football prognosticators are saying Romo should be QB #3 off the board after Brady and P. Manning. (I'd go with Palmer, Brees and/or Anderson before Tony)

I like Seattle's chances verses Dallas. (you saw that coming) Cool thing is, Seattle gets the Cowboys on Thanksgiving! I can't remember the last time my Hawks played on Turkey day. Oh wait, yes I can. It was 1986 when Seattle smoked Dallas.
 :-)

- Ayn Rand

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2008, 01:18:32 PM »
Note to self:

NOT CHAMPIONSHIPS

Seen some of the BS about the Cowgirls already. Fantasy football prognosticators are saying Romo should be QB #3 off the board after Brady and P. Manning. (I'd go with Palmer, Brees and/or Anderson before Tony)

I like Seattle's chances verses Dallas. (you saw that coming) Cool thing is, Seattle gets the Cowboys on Thanksgiving! I can't remember the last time my Hawks played on Turkey day. Oh wait, yes I can. It was 1986 when Seattle smoked Dallas.

are they playing in seattle ??

and yeah, seattle does matchup well against the cowpukes...

but sad to say, I prolly would have Romo ahead of Manning this year....tEh colts days are numbered for real this time !! (I'm bound to get it right one of these years :naughty:) ...

but not Brady....Brady will throw 35-40 TDs again this year because  their defense be better & their running game will be PUNISHING (ie: oliver ross brought into to bulldoze for morris, maroney, evans)

Brady keeps up w/ TDs, but drops in yards thrown since they will be running more & starting more drives deep in oppositions territory thanks to defense

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2008, 02:04:03 PM »
Note to self:

NOT CHAMPIONSHIPS

are they playing in seattle ??

and yeah, seattle does matchup well against the cowpukes...

but sad to say, I prolly would have Romo ahead of Manning this year....tEh colts days are numbered for real this time !! (I'm bound to get it right one of these years :naughty:) ...

but not Brady....Brady will throw 35-40 TDs again this year because  their defense be better & their running game will be PUNISHING (ie: oliver ross brought into to bulldoze for morris, maroney, evans)

Brady keeps up w/ TDs, but drops in yards thrown since they will be running more & starting more drives deep in oppositions territory thanks to defense

Nah, games in Dallas. I think Turkey-day games are always hosted by Dallas and Detroit. short week for my guys too. (short week for both teams)

I like Romo but I have a hard time seeing those creeky old WR's all being healthy in November. Plus Seattle will be a lot stronger up front this year allowing the LB's to unleash all kinds of H-E-double hockysticks. (they might just have 5 pro-bowlers on that D)

Hey, speaking of the Colts demise (lol) what the heck ever happened with Harrison???

- Ayn Rand