Author Topic: NBA Finals (game three)  (Read 2619 times)

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
NBA Finals (game three)
« on: June 10, 2008, 07:59:22 PM »
I had to step up in RS's absence.  :-)

The Lakers are back in L.A.

The Celtics are fixin' to get a taste of some L.A. homecooking for a change.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline ReardenSteel

Re: NBA Finals (game three)
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 08:33:50 PM »
Thanks OH.   :cheersmate:

Games one and two started feeling a little like adventures in talking to myself so I'm glad you stepped up.

Another good game in the works. How about that kid Rondo!

Lakers looking more physical, driving to the hoop way more and earning some calls.
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 08:41:01 PM »
The Celtics still have hot hands and the Lakers still aren't hitting much in the mid-range. BTW, that travel call on Kobe at the top of the key was B.S.

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 08:43:38 PM »
The Celtics still have hot hands and the Lakers still aren't hitting much in the mid-range. BTW, that travel call on Kobe at the top of the key was B.S.

I wish they showed it again but I think your right.

Boston had a little run to tie things up but I think both teams are shooting around 30% so far. Slow start anyway, I thought it would be 2-0 forever, lol.
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 09:04:26 PM »
The Lakers are heating up!

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 09:24:28 PM »
Interesting first half. So far, Kobe looks like the only star player on the court. Paul and KG are all but invisable.

Only good news is the Lakers haven't run away with it. (yet) Boston better start dropping shots, keep up the defense and stop the stupid turnovers. (hope there is some Red Bull in the locker room)

- Ayn Rand

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008, 09:30:21 PM »
Vujacic had a excellent offensive half and a decent defensive one.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 11:40:05 PM »
Pretty good game. Congrats to the Lakers. Get em next time Celtics!

- Ayn Rand

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2008, 10:42:37 AM »
decent game...

but I think the Celtics win 1 of these games in LA & take the series back in Boston...

did you guys here  that the ex NBA ref is now spilling the beans about NBA  execs 'RIGGING' games ??

wah woooo....

I'm doubting we'll see too many whistles from here on out in this series....

if the Feds  go after this, the NBA is toast (credibility shot & season tickets holders will be able to SUE the owners for fraud)

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2008, 10:49:30 AM »
decent game...

but I think the Celtics win 1 of these games in LA & take the series back in Boston...

did you guys here  that the ex NBA ref is now spilling the beans about NBA  execs 'RIGGING' games ??

wah woooo....

if the Feds  go after this, the NBA is toast (credibility shot & season tickets holders will be able to SUE the owners for fraud)
I remember the 2002 Playoff series between the Lakers and Kings.  I thought then the NBA screwed the Kings in game 6 just so they could get the ratings for game 7.
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2008, 11:42:03 AM »
decent game...

wah woooo....

I remember the 2002 Playoff series between the Lakers and Kings.  I thought then the NBA screwed the Kings in game 6 just so they could get the ratings for game 7.

well it just so happens that the referee for that game, is the guy now spilling the beans in a Federal Penn.... :-)

this has SERIOUS legs & I'm think we're talking the biggest sports scandal since the Black Sox & prolly even bigger since its the entire league/execs/refs rigging games, not just a few players....

but, we'll see if donaghy lives long enough to tesitify any further  :-)

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2008, 12:01:02 PM »
decent game...

wah woooo....

well it just so happens that the referee for that game, is the guy now spilling the beans in a Federal Penn.... :-)

this has SERIOUS legs & I'm think we're talking the biggest sports scandal since the Black Sox & prolly even bigger since its the entire league/execs/refs rigging games, not just a few players....

I think congress has made a big enough ass out of themselves with the baseball and football investigations that they won't even look into this.  Too bad, there's probably more to this than either of the other two.
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2008, 12:11:33 PM »
decent game...

wah woooo....

I think congress has made a big enough ass out of themselves with the baseball and football investigations that they won't even look into this.  Too bad, there's probably more to this than either of the other two.

thats just it...

#1- donaghy ain't talking to congress.....he's talking to the FBI

#2- henry waxman just announced MORE hearings for  MLB on steroids (since clemens basically gave him the finger last time)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2008, 04:13:13 AM »
As much as I can't stand Clemens, I'm kinda glad that he "basically gave Waxman the finger last time."  Waxman needs to have people give him the finger more often. :bigbird:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2008, 09:23:08 AM »
As much as I can't stand Clemens, I'm kinda glad that he "basically gave Waxman the finger last time."  Waxman needs to have people give him the finger more often. :bigbird:

I've given to wasman about 500 times....

does that count   :lmao:

wasserman thinks he is heinrich himmler when he gets control over pharmaceutical/FDA regulations.... :loser: