Author Topic: QB Perrilloux tossed off LSU football team  (Read 1623 times)

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
QB Perrilloux tossed off LSU football team
« on: May 02, 2008, 12:28:34 PM »

By BRETT MARTEL, AP Sports Writer
21 minutes ago

NEW ORLEANS (AP)—LSU quarterback Ryan Perrilloux was kicked off the defending national championship team Friday after a college career marked by legal and disciplinary problems.

Perrilloux “didn’t fulfill his obligation as an LSU student-athlete,” coach Les Miles said in a statement. “Ryan was given every opportunity to be a part of this football team.”

Perrilloux, a sophomore, was a backup to Matt Flynn last season. He showed glimpses of great promise, drilling receivers downfield or punishing tacklers while running the option...

Story continued at link

Who is gonna step up at QB with Matt Flynn gone and Perrilloux playing elsewhere?

"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: QB Perrilloux tossed off LSU football team
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 08:28:19 AM »

By BRETT MARTEL, AP Sports Writer
21 minutes ago

NEW ORLEANS (AP)—LSU quarterback Ryan Perrilloux was kicked off the defending national championship team Friday after a college career marked by legal and disciplinary problems.

Perrilloux “didn’t fulfill his obligation as an LSU student-athlete,” coach Les Miles said in a statement. “Ryan was given every opportunity to be a part of this football team.”

Perrilloux, a sophomore, was a backup to Matt Flynn last season. He showed glimpses of great promise, drilling receivers downfield or punishing tacklers while running the option...

Story continued at link

Who is gonna step up at QB with Matt Flynn gone and Perrilloux playing elsewhere?

Where I used to work, there's a PhD. friend of mine (he's also a moonbat) who is an LSU grad.  I'm gonna have to ask him about this, and I'll get back to this thread with his answer.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 12:01:11 PM »
Asked that friend--he has no idea who is going to replace Perrilloux, but he's glad that Perrilloux is gone.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 12:06:14 PM »
Asked that friend--he has no idea who is going to replace Perrilloux, but he's glad that Perrilloux is gone.

Yeah, they are up s*** creek without a paddle on that front, for sure.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi