Author Topic: TiT's Greatest Hits: A Musical Retrospective...  (Read 49849 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: TiT's Greatest Hits: A Musical Retrospective...
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2008, 04:47:11 PM »
OK on another Charlton Heston (this loser really, really envied him for some reason) others are trying to tell him to cool his jets, but the highly decorated keyboard SEAL isn't having any of it:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x5403320

TomInTib  (1000+ posts)        Sun Apr-06-08 07:30 AM
Response to Reply #10
19. "In real life"?
   In "real life", I will say anything I damned well please.

"anonymity"?

Here it is, HotRod...

http://picasaweb.google.com/robertjamesusa/TiburonArtFe...

And the address is 82 Main Street.

You?

Tom
   Printer Friendly | Permalink |  | Top

So, I clicked on the link and was taken to this Picasa gallery (according to the Tiburon Chamber of Commerce Robert James does promotions). That's not TiT but the lovely Nina (SOLE, at least since her husband died) proprietor of Gallery 108. Now, I'm thinking...TiT is calling this person out to assault some poor gallery owner who probably doesn't even know he exists beyond the casual hello.

Now it appears not only does TiT NOT co-own the business (despite intimating such on the "Nina has breast cancer" thread...what a disgusting way to use another human being), he doesn't even WORK there. Because according to Bay Crossings, "Nina and her dog Nicky greet customers six days a week under the distinctive black crane sign." She actually sounds like a really great person...at one point she moved her gallery out of Ark Row, "After many years at 108 Main Street on Ark Row, Nina and Gary Gerhard made plans for the move to the hub of downtown together. They planned the remodeling and new layout for the long narrow shop, the new logo and signage, and then Gary died suddenly. Nina had to implement the plans and move just days after losing her husband. It was a true challenge for this fine lady to reinvent their pleasant gallery and expand their fine gift store. The result is wonderful. New products have added dimension and the shop is a pleasure to visit." So how she fits into TiT's life remains a mystery.

Now what I did discover on my travels is that TiT, by his own admission, is a clerk in a greeting card store, "I talked to a woman living in Belvedere for 60 years who had never visited here," said longtime resident Tom Wright, who works at Giftique of Tiburon at 76 Main St. on Ark Row." It appears he can't complain he got confused about which business he owns (Gallery 108- Giftique...one could see how TiT could get confused...they both start with "G") as Giftique is owned by a delightful woman named Roxanne. "Giftique is a shop full of cards and all that is needed to gift wrap presents, once found. The owner of Giftique, Roxanne, said, 'The cards cost a little but the therapy from reading them is free. I love to see people laugh when they read cards or look at our gifts.'"

Now, here is something I am puzzling at. TiT is a name dropper. He's had so many brushes with greatness one would think he should've been a celebrity in his own right...probably the most pathetic hanger-on in history. Anyway, here at the Marin Magazine article on the 2007 Tiburon Art Festival is a picture of our intrepid hero posing with the very beautiful Katie Knipp. Katie Knipp, it seems, is somewhat of a local celebrity. She's even the opening act for an upcoming gig with the Doobie Brothers. This is exactly the kind of thing that turns him on. So one wonders why he doesn't brag on his "good friend" Katie. Of course Tom Wright isn't the most unusual name in the world...I suppose there could be more than one, maybe even more than one in Marin County.

Cindie

I wonder what would happen if Ms. Roxanne or Ms. Nancy read some of TiT's DU fabrications.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2008, 05:42:49 PM »
"I am the very model of a modern major general"

TomInTib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon May-29-06 11:12 PM
Response to Reply #8
10. You are right.

I witnessed incredible acts of selfless bravery on the part of those pilots.

Landing, hanging in, and taking off with their precious cargo under conditions unimagineable to those who weren't there.

I had one of the more dangerous tasks in country, but guys like your father were my personal heroes.

Totally saved my ass.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=364x1310990

Twice.

TomInTib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon Apr-23-07 10:39 PM
Response to Original message
10. I rarely wish that I hadn't have thrown all of mine into SF Bay. This is one of those times.

I would offer every one of them to the little ****er.

I wish every combat vet in the US would mail in one of theirs.

With a "**** you, coward" note.

TomInTib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon Apr-23-07 10:45 PM
Response to Reply #12
15. This story makes me crazy, Brother.

I walked half-way across the Bay Bridge and just tossed the.

All the way out there I thought about flinging myself off, too, but when those medals and ribbons went over the rail I felt like a new person.

I can see the Bay Bridge from my parking deck, Monkeyman.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x738269

TomInTib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Sat Mar-11-06 06:11 PM
Response to Reply #1
7. Hey, babylonsister...I know exactly how he feels..

Edited on Sat Mar-11-06 06:12 PM by TomInTib
33 years ago this coming July, I sent my medals to their final home.

They are at eternal rest on the bottom of San Francico Bay, mid-span under the Bay Bridge.

The most cathartic action I have ever taken.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=364x635829

TomInTib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Fri Aug-17-07 09:42 PM
1. He can have mine..

All he has to do is dive off the Bay Bridge (SF Bay) about mid-span.

That's where they are, along with a bunch of other stuff of mine.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=103x302264

TomInTib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Sat Jan-28-06 02:04 PM
4. Crap like this has gone on a long time. But this is especially...

repugnant.

One reason my medals are at the base of the Bay Bridge on the bottom of San Francisco Bay.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x2406402

TomInTib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Sep-05-07 05:13 PM
1. That reminds me....

Once, while home on leave, the local High School aske me to come talk to the kids.

This was during one of the peaks of protests and I guess they figured, considering the type of work I did over there, that I would go all rah-rah. The pricipal even told me (nudge, nudge) to "wear what you wear every day over there".

So I did.

They were somewhat taken aback when I showed up in a ripped-up camo tee and pants and wearing Converse All-Stars. Maybe it was the bandana on my head that really bugged them. They asked me why didn't I wear my medals (as if we traipsed around wearing medals all the time). Asked me why I didn't wear jungle boots. Told them the ****ing things will get you killed, doing what I do.

So I went to the guy's office and he kind of told me what to say.

Sure, buddy.

So I walk up to the microphone and started, "Just so you will know, my primary mission is the extraction of downed pilots. Sometimes we know right where they are and sometimes we just have a vague idea".

"Sometimes villagers will give us the information we want and sometimes they refuse. So we start by pitching the old people down the well."

Believe it or not, they pulled the plug on me.

The military threatened me with court-martial and I told them I had written down everything and given all (plus pics) to a reporter with the Houston Post (lie) and they just dropped it.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x1739592
Editors note : I seperated the above because it's a prime example of a tom tale. Bouncy Ball would be proud of him.

TomInTib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu May-03-07 06:18 PM
Response to Reply #1
3. Oh, there are numerous guys..

A lot of my guys bought it in Laos.

Not a single one is on The Wall because we weren't in Laos. Remember?

We weren't there.

Got it, Soldier?

Good.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x815187

TomInTib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Sep-20-07 07:42 PM
3. If you are talking about Petreaus and the 'Star, you are sorely mistaken.

This is absolutely outrageous to any of us who actually earned our "junk".

A Bronze with Valor is pretty serious business.

I hope I mis-read your intention.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x1862453

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2008, 06:00:18 PM »
Some of his SEAL buddies aren't on the wall because they "weren't in Laos"? Wouldn't it be easier to say they were killed in Vietnam than to say they were never killed at all? He's such a ****ing liar. No Damn wonder he got along with Dale Peters, AKA Monkeyman. They're both ****ing poser pieces of shit. 

http://sec-global.com/services/ctp/vsg/polygraph.html
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2008, 07:53:20 PM »
Check out this 911 tape...

TomInTib  (1000+ posts)      Mon Nov-19-07 06:11 PM
Response to Reply #1
4. Good for Mr Horn
 A few years back, my brother shot a guy who was fleeing a botched home invasion.

I am all for neighborhood protection.
TomInTib  (1000+ posts)      Mon Nov-19-07 06:49 PM
Response to Reply #5
12. Hell, yes.
 In 1986, we were living in a log house deep in the woods northwest of Houston.

I'd had constant run-ins with this meth-head punk whose family live down the road. The road was three miles long and had only five houses along it.

Loooonnngg story short...

My cockehead neighbor and I broke up a car theft ring (methboy and his crazy cousin) by running the guys off the road and holding them facedown at gunpoint while waiting for the sheriff.

Well, it was SuperBowl Sunday and we were in the street (methboy and cousin face-down) directly in front of methboy's parents' house with about twenty cars parked in the driveway.

All of a sudden, there was this commotion and about ten people with firearms were running at us from the house. All drunk and shouting and weaving.

I fired a couple of shots (Winchester 1300 Defender12) over their heads and they dropped their guns and got down on the ground maybe twenty yards away.

There was just the two of us holding all those crazy people and the sheriff took forevevr to show up.

And they tried to charge us with kidnapping.
TomInTib  (1000+ posts)      Mon Nov-19-07 06:52 PM
Response to Reply #10
13. It was one of the home invaders...
 who was running from the Houston cops (who "surrounded" the invaded house, but failed to secure the rear entrance).

He ran through the leaded glass beside my brother's front door.

Big, big mistake.
TomInTib  (1000+ posts)      Mon Nov-19-07 08:13 PM
Response to Reply #19
28. No, my brother shot him right between the eyes. 
 He is a great shot.

And I, personally, would have no problem protecting my neighbors' property.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2314296#2314403
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2008, 02:21:21 AM »
So, TiT was on his way to the local VFW a couple years ago when he thought he's stop by DU. There the Dummies were, hangin' out and talking about the Marines guarding Saddam. Evidently they made the two-bit dictator watch himself on the South Park movie "Bigger, Longer, Uncut". Well, Tom just couldn't let yet another opportunity go by to remind every fricken person on the planet that he not only served in Vietnam (just like John Kerry) but he wasn't hangin' out on any swift boat. He was doin' shit man! Secret shit! Shit that would curl your hair! Shit that was SO covert the Navy didn't even admit to having (let alone commissioning) SEAL Team 3 until 1983. Most special forces types don't brag on themselves or talk about what they did...good thing we have TiT or else we'd never know! Oh, by the way, the resident ex-military badass doesn't approve...he should know...he knows more about this shit than anyone else.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=364x2001865

TomInTib  (1000+ posts)        Tue Aug-29-06 12:35 AM
4. If true, this is childish bullshit
   Given Saddam's limited English skills and his obvious mental fortitude, this is a waste of time.

TomInTib  (1000+ posts)        Tue Aug-29-06 12:51 AM
Response to Reply #9
12. That is a great point
   see my post #11 right below.

With Saddam's limited English and his innate inner strength, this is an exercise in amateurville.

Unlike the super important stuff TiT and his fellow SEALs used to do!!!

TomInTib  (1000+ posts)        Tue Aug-29-06 12:48 AM
Response to Reply #5
11. The real deal is this...
   I have been involved in a little of this sort of thing.

I am always amazed that we think that what might drive us over the edge will work on someone from a totally different culture.

TomInTib  (1000+ posts)        Tue Aug-29-06 12:57 AM
Response to Reply #13
16. I am with bananas (#9). I cannot understand most of the dialogue
   in that episode.

I really doubt that Hussein caught any of it.

And you can bet that if we translated it that it was totally unintelligible.

I certainly didn't intend to imply that you "thought it would work".

I don't know...how much dialogue do you need to understand what's going on when Saddam and Satan are laying in bed together...especially when Saddam whips out that dildo. I guess I'm most surprised that TiT hasn't already done whatever it is Brian Boitano would've done because, like TiT he "doesn't take shit from anybody".

Cindie

"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2008, 02:36:33 AM »
OMG!!! I'm SO excited...girls we can start swooning again! TiT, that international man of mystery, covert warrior, songwriter, member of SEAL Team 3 before it ever even existed, man behind the counter at a greeting card store near you is BACK IN THE STUDIO AGAIN!!! I think I'm gonna faint! Or hurl...

TomInTib  (1000+ posts)        Wed May-14-08 07:06 PM
Response to Reply #15
17. "frustrating" is right.
   Last October, I had quite a morning...

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.ph...

But I worked my tail off, re-learning to write, play guitar, eat with utensils, just about everything. Had to reprogram my right hand so that the ulnar network could take over from the radial (my original prognosis was the other way around). I mean, my right hand was just gone on vacation.

Finally got most of my guitar back, so I was doing some recording last Wednesday when suddenly my left hand became very tired. That really got my attention, because my hand never gets tired.

So I put my guitar back in its case, sat down, and felt my left hand leave the room. Felt like someone was pouring warm water on my arm from the elbow down. I felt my hand's energy flow right thru my fingertips. Took maybe a second. And I could not move my hand at all.

Frustrating, indeed.

Perhaps God is smiting the TiTmeister on the wrist.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2008, 02:54:15 AM »
Calling all you gun nuts out there...how is this possible? I mean I'm sure it is...it's not like TiT would ever make anything up, but I just don't see HOW it could happen. I mean is the brain kind of like a pinball machine where BB's, marbles, grains of rice, etc can just bounce around until it emerges from whereever.

http://

TomInTib  (1000+ posts)        Sun May-11-08 09:04 PM
2. What a shame.
   I have been on two hunts when kids got shot.

One was a squirrel hunt when a guy shot his son in the top of the head, a single BB entering each eye, blinding the kid.

Another was a 13-year-old who was climbing into a tree stand when a .270 went of, drilling his heart. We found him that evening and my StepFather carried him for over three miles back to camp and had to tell the kid's Dad.

But neither incident involved beer or reefer.

MR. Klaseus should be taken out and shot.
   Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply |

Cindie

Mick Foley

Hedy Lamarr

Morticia Addams

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2008, 08:26:52 AM »
I think he is talking about the shot (little metal balls) inside of shotgun shells.  They disperse when they leave the barrel.  Then again he could just be stupid. :-)
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2008, 09:03:01 AM »
TIT reiterates that he never went to school,never watched tv and guess what he was a crazy fundie who turned into an atheist at 7 or 8 :whatever:
TomInTib  (1000+ posts)      Fri Apr-11-08 08:16 PM
1. I cannot even imagine where these people's minds are.
 What the hell happens in someone's life that makes them so malleable, so acquiescent?

And you can add me to your "angry" list, pnwmom.
I HATED GEORGE BUSH BEFORE IT WAS COOL
 pnwmom  (1000+ posts)      Fri Apr-11-08 08:47 PM
Response to Reply #1
4. Why are they so malleable? Did you read about how Merrill Jessop
 would waterboard babies?

Really. According to an ex-wife, he would spank them till they cried, then hold their faces under running faucets until they finally gave up and stopped crying. He called it "breaking" them.

The other thing is, imagine you're growing up in a community, where you're completely isolated and abuse is equated with love. You're told that in the outside world things are even worse. Why wouldn't you believe that? What would give you hope?

Carolyn Jessup, the mother who escaped with her 8 children, has described what finally opened her eyes. After a lifetime of hearing about how evil outsiders were, she finally came in contact with them when one of her sons was hospitalized for cancer surgery. She felt abandoned by her sister wives and other FLDSers. But the outsiders in the hospital impressed her with their caring. That's what finally gave her the courage to reject everything she'd been taught from childhood and to risk everything in a (successful) attempt at escape.
 TomInTib  (1000+ posts)      Fri Apr-11-08 08:51 PM
Response to Reply #4
5. Goodness
 I grew up in a fundie, tho less crazy (Southern Baptist) environment.

But, at about the age of 7 or 8, I realized it was all a bunch of malarkey.
 pnwmom  (1000+ posts)      Fri Apr-11-08 09:23 PM
Response to Reply #5
6. But you went to public school, right? Where you met other people
 and were exposed to other ideas? And you had a TV, I bet.

Even in a fundie school, you wouldn't have been as isolated as these people. It's almost unimaginable.
 TomInTib  (1000+ posts)      Fri Apr-11-08 09:54 PM
Response to Reply #6
7. Nope.
 I never attended school a day of my life.

But I wanted to. So badly.

No TV, either.

I led a more isolated life than those kids in El Dorado could even imagine.

Tom
 pnwmom  (1000+ posts)      Fri Apr-11-08 10:48 PM
Response to Reply #7
8. Yikes! 
 Did you have books? What do you think saved you? Was the service the first time you were exposed to the "real world"?
 TomInTib  (1000+ posts)      Fri Apr-11-08 11:31 PM
Response to Reply #8
9. Well....
 I am not going into it here.

Those fools from that "Other Place" track me, incessantly.

Jerking off in their Mother's basement.

PM me, remind me.

Which other place Tom? :-)http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3146562
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2008, 11:54:52 AM »
Check out this bio on Roky Erickson. Especially the part about his mental illness and stint in a hospital for the criminally insane. Is TiT trying to say he's Tommy Hall?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roky_Erickson
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, thereĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea Ć¢ā‚¬ā€ the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 Ć¢ā‚¬ā€ is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2008, 11:59:19 AM »
Check out this bio on Roky Erickson. Especially the part about his mental illness and stint in a hospital for the criminally insane. Is TiT trying to say he's Tommy Hall?

That's a curious thing to do, stealing people's mail and scotch-taping it to one's walls, unopened.

But I don't think the lying titty primitive's ever alleged to own a Volvo.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2008, 12:01:46 PM »

That's a curious thing to do, stealing people's mail and scotch-taping it to one's walls, unopened.

But I don't think the lying titty primitive's ever alleged to own a Volvo.
I think TiT is just taking advantage of a poor, tortured musical genius who had/had bigger problems than worrying about some internet tool lying about his past. The lying titty primitive loves to glom on to people like this. It's downright fascinating.

No, my friends, thereĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea Ć¢ā‚¬ā€ the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 Ć¢ā‚¬ā€ is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline stickyboot

« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2008, 12:58:15 PM »
TiT was homeschooled?

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x3023082

TomInTib  (1000+ posts)        Wed Oct-10-07 03:40 PM
Response to Reply #2
8. 10th Period?
   Even though I never attended any school, that sure seems like a lot of class periods.

So what counts as a "period"?

Wow...just wow!

Cindie

This contradicts the post of his earlier in this thread, where he said he was a high-school dropout. How do you drop out if you never attended?

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2008, 04:15:40 PM »
TomInTib  (1000+ posts)      Fri Apr-11-08 11:31 PM
Response to Reply #8
9. Well....
 I am not going into it here.

Those fools from that "Other Place" track me, incessantly.

Jerking off in their Mother's basement.

PM me, remind me.

Don't flatter yourself, TiT. I AM the mother and I don't have a basement. I have a full, active, wonderful life...but then I'm not a alcoholic loser who works at a greeting card shop and has to invent a life. I want to expose you as the fraud you are for the same reason I wanted to expose Andy...your sociopathic need to be the center of attention sullies the reputations of and negates the hard work of others clearly better than you. If it was just the raging, half insane hatemongers at DU who were subject to all your lies I really wouldn't care...but you post ugly, vile things on a public message board. If someone's suffering...you've suffered worse, if someone did something heroic, you did something 20 times braver, if someone is spewing hate, you're going to spew more. The only time you appear to care about others is when you can play I'm the biggest badass on the planet like offering to come down and "kill those dogs and their owner too." If it was just that kind of thing I wouldn't care...it doesn't really hurt anyone and it evidently makes you feel like a big man. You seem to imagine yourself to be this Oliver Stone soldier/Bob Dylan/Walter Mitty/Jesse Ventura/George Plimpton guy.

Granted some of your lying is downright laughable. Trying to pawn off other people's songs as your own...it's SO ****ing obvious you even get called on it by your fellow DUers. But you just keep doing it over and over again. When the first reaction of your own compatriots is to Google the lyrics to see who REALLY wrote them, perhaps it's time to get a new gig. You claim to have never gone to public school because your family was super religious Southern Baptist types. Oh, and your abuse and isolation was worse than those poor FLDS kids in El Dorado. Even were that the case, you're an adult...if you truly understand you might try having a little empathy for those children instead of making the thread all about you. I do have to say, if you truly were homeschooled (and someone taught you to read and write...too bad you didn't learn about integrity) then I applaud your pioneering parents. When you were growing up homeschooling wasn't legal and parents who chose that option took great risks to do what they thought was best for their children. Speaking of children...I wonder how your sons feel about you inventing a life for them. I am kind of curious (and considering how you like to brag about the famous people you know) which one of these percussionists is your son: Michael Carabello, Marcus Malone, Jose 'Chepito' Areas, Rico Reyes, Victor Pantoja, Coke Escovedo, Pete Escovedo, James Mingo Lewis, Armando Peraza, Francisco Aguabella, Orestes Vilato, Raul Rekow, or Carl Perazzo?

The part of your made-up "hard knock" life (that's from Little Orphan Annie so don't steal it) that pisses me off is your Navy SEAL crap. You've embraced every single stereotype, especially the negative ones, that your generation believes about Vietnam. You're a badass, a killer, a covert op, you've tortured and killed innocents, and like John Kerry, were in Cambodia, Laos, and where ever else "we" weren't supposed to be. Basically I think you've watched Apocolypse Now and Platoon too many times. I don't know whether you served or whether you were actually in country (the fact that you wouldn't know something like DEROS...try googling next time...prettly much makes that suspect) but I know damn well you weren't covert and you sure the hell weren't a SEAL. This is another one you might want to redo...SEAL Team 3 DIDN'T EXIST DURING THE VIETNAM WAR! They only just celebrated their 25th anniversary. How were you part of something that hadn't yet been formed? You really should've done some research before that one. If you can take the time to look up lyrics to steal it seems you could also find the minute or two necessary to find out what SEAL Teams were actually in Vietnam (it was 1 & 2). When you tell your "we threw old people down wells to get intel" stories you damage the reputations of those who really did serve in every branch in every conflict and even those who served in peacetime. Just who the hell do you think you are?

My father-in-law fought in WWII. He marched from Normandy to Berlin and fought in some of the bloodiest battles in WWII. He was bayonetted in the side during the battle of Hurtgen Forest and never told a soul because he didn't want to leave his unit. He has never shouted any of this to the world at large or even family gatherings. Most of this he told my son when he was learning about WWII and some of it had to literally be pulled out of him. My husband says he NEVER talked about it while he was growing up. Like most real soldiers, he was very humble and didn't feel the need to brag about it. My mother-in-law was one of the first lady Marines, something she's very proud of. She worked stateside with gyroscopes and never once tried to invent stories about super secret missions or other nonsense. She served and that was good enough for her. My uncle was Air Force Special Forces in Vietnam (he enlisted). I don't know a whole lot about what he did since he doesn't brag about it every chance he gets. The extent of my knowledge is that he went oversees and when he came home he gave me an Alice in Wonderland doll he bought in Germany and he brought me a kitten a couple weeks later when I was sick. I was living with my grandparents (his parents) when he came home because my parents were flaking out yet again. The fact that this 23 year old young man, after everything he'd done and everything he'd seen actually thought to buy his little niece a doll on his way home says more about his character than whatever he did in Vietnam.

My oldest son served in the Coast Guard. His service was pretty uneventful for the most part. He was stationed in Alaska and most of what he did was saving drunk fishermen from themselves, a few rescue missions, and inspecting cargo containers. He did get to do a lot of fishing which is his favorite thing in the world next to his wife and kids so that was probably his favorite part. Much of what he did was monotonous and boring more often than not but he says he loved it and he's glad he was there just in case something happened. He never tried to pretend he was a Coast Guard SEAL. Though he does have a friend he met he nicknamed Cornpone who he keeps in touch with. His friend calls him Trout so I guess he would have to claim to be a covert Coast Guard TROUT. My youngest is in the Marine Corps. He's still in training and get's very uncomfortable when someone says thank you to him. He says, "Mom, I haven't done anything yet." He does have his security clearance but with the exception of running his squad past the Code Pinkos and other assorted dirty hippies during PT (they love doing that) has never gone into enemy territory, covertly or otherwise. Monterey has a few gang members but it doesn't seem to be a hotbed of terrorism. There are quite a few active duty military on the message boards I post at including this one. Not one of them has ever bragged about what they do. Most don't even mention it. They don't need to prove themselves or pump up their ego. And THAT is why I care about what you say. You are sullying the reputations of people clearly better, braver, and more humble than you. Why can't you just pretend to be James Bond?

Cindie
Mick Foley

Hedy Lamarr

Morticia Addams

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2008, 05:27:19 PM »
The lying titty primitive says:
In '72 I was on a DE called the USS Rathburne (since converted to something else) DE1057 (I think), escorting the USS Enterprise in WestPac and pulling the same duty as my friends were. I was on covalescent leave and that is how the Navy let me spend it, instead of going home to patch up.

The Commander was a total asshole named Chang, the first Chinese-born Commander of a US Naval warship.

Same ****ing thing happened except it was not a joint exercise.

And the boat I was on had just come out of drydock in Pearl and had a state-of-the-art rubber sonar dome - the first one ever installed. The boat was the designated pinger of the Carrier Group and totally missed it.

They could've sunk the ****ing Enterprise.

Chang lost his command over that one.

I want to send you a hilarious Chang story tomorrow. PM me a reminder, if you will.

Hmmm....I wonder if the lying titty primitive saw this movie?

In Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, the Enterprise escorts Klingon chancellor Gorkon (David Warner) to a peace summit on Earth. The renegade Klingon general Chang (Christopher Plummer), assisted by traitors aboard the Enterprise, makes it appear that the Enterprise fires on the chancellor's vessel. The Klingons take Kirk and Leonard McCoy (DeForest Kelley) prisoner; Spock and the Enterprise crew disregard Starfleet orders and instead rescue Kirk and McCoy. The Enterprise encounters and, with aid from the USS Excelsior, destroys Chang's ship, and the crew protects the Federation President from an assassination attempt. The film concludes with Starfleet ordering the ship to return to spacedock to be decommissioned, an order which Kirk and the crew gleefully disregard.

:rotf: :rotf:

Obviously there is a real USS Enterprise which is well documented and easily researched via Google. I just thought it hilarious that he seems to have conflated fact with fiction (AGAIN).

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2008, 06:00:33 PM »
I just can't help it. Googling this tool is fun.  :-)

This kind of explains some things. Geez TiT, couldn't you have been a little more creative?? -

Celebrities?

You never know who might show up in Tiburon. Here are some lists of well known residents of Tiburon and Marin County:

Belvedere-Tiburon Current Residents

Jonny Moseley - Olympic Gold Ski Champion

Peter Thibeaux - former Golden State Warriors

Mervin Field - The Field Poll

Stuart Peterson - YouTube investor (purchased Andre Aggassi's old house)

Belvedere-Tiburon Former Residents

Robert Redford - hollywood icon

Robin Williams - comedian

Tom Snyder - Talk show host (deceased)

Andre Aggasiz / Steffi Graff - Tennis

Brad Byrd - Creator of Ratatouille

Marin County Residents

Dana Carvey - comedian

George Lucas - filmaker

Sean Penn

Robin Wright Penn

Van Morrison - musician

Peter Coyote - actor

Huey Lewis - musician

Bonnie Raitt - musician

Sammy Hagar

Jill Eikenberry

Michael Tucker

Carlos Santana

Crispin Glover

Jerry Yang

DJ Shadow

Ram Dass

Dr. Larry Brilliant

Marin County Former Residents

Tupak Shakur

Grace Slick - Jefferson Starship

Celebrities who like to visit Tiburon

Robin Williams

Carlos Santana

Visitors Who May Come Back

Bill Gates / Warren Buffet

(for Servino's pepperoni pizza and to play Bridge with Master Bridge Player, Angelo Servino. The view from Servino's Bellavista Room doesn't hurt either.)

Politicians who have visited Tiburon

Barack Obama

Hillary Clinton

Local Residents Who have made their mark:

Amy Cooper - Musician
http://tiburonwinefestival.homestead.com/Celebrities.html

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2008, 06:06:29 PM »
Damn Tom, we have more celebrities that visit Augusta than that. I'm sure you know why as I'm sure you'll next say you were offered a membership but turned it down because it was full of evil corporate Rethugs.  ::)
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2008, 07:29:59 PM »
And yet another thing TiT did in the war (this on a thread discussing unscrupulous recruiters

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3289838

TomInTib  (1000+ posts)        Thu May-15-08 02:03 PM
1. Yeah, like when they told me....
   Edited on Thu May-15-08 02:03 PM by TomInTib
"TomInTib, with vision like yours, you could qualify to be an Aerial Photographer which I later learned translated to Target in a Helicopter Door.
   Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

What a guy!

Cindie
Mick Foley

Hedy Lamarr

Morticia Addams

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2008, 11:04:25 PM »
Presenting for your entertainment

The Ms. TominTib encore performance.

TomInTib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Apr-06-06 12:58 AM
Response to Reply #1
5. Must be an advert...you know who really has a problem with

uppity black women?...black men! That's when the chickens come home to roost!

Hey R, this is from Ms. TominTib.

B

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=364x856473

TomInTib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Sat Aug-27-05 01:13 AM
Original message
"Why do we never get an answer..."

Watching the Moody Blues special on PBS tonight...this is their finale, and the question of the song seems so apt right now..."

TomInTib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Sat Aug-27-05 01:54 AM
Response to Reply #9
10. Smile...Ms. TominTib has a distinct memory of dancing with

Edited on Sat Aug-27-05 01:55 AM by TomInTib
a rather tall young man at the age of 16 to the tune of "Stairway to Heaven". He was a little hygiene-challenged, and my nose was stuck in his armpit for what is arguably the longest song in the entire world.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x2039022

TomInTib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Fri Apr-07-06 12:47 AM
Response to Reply #5
9. Mr. President, if you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be...

..."thank you for that question, Helen...if I were a tree (which I am not because I am a man of God), I would be a puny sapling that would have been mowed down by your mighty weed-whacker of justice if I had not sold my soul to the Devil(Cheney-Rumsfeld-Rice), who is now in charge."

Thank Goodness I have swapped Saint Peter with Alberto Gonzales! WHEW!!!!!

B

TomInTib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Fri Apr-07-06 12:47 AM
Response to Reply #5
9. Mr. President, if you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be...

..."thank you for that question, Helen...if I were a tree (which I am not because I am a man of God), I would be a puny sapling that would have been mowed down by your mighty weed-whacker of justice if I had not sold my soul to the Devil(Cheney-Rumsfeld-Rice), who is now in charge."

Thank Goodness I have swapped Saint Peter with Alberto Gonzales! WHEW!!!!!

B

TomInTib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Fri Apr-07-06 12:52 AM
Response to Reply #8
11. Ms. Tomintib here...you don't know my very funky white boy....

although - and it may or not be because of living with me - he is best with the blues.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x2556501

TomInTib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Fri Sep-09-05 09:10 PM
4. Ms. Tomintib lived in Canadia for 25 years as a US expat, and

Edited on Fri Sep-09-05 09:11 PM by TomInTib
I have to tell you that I miss the fundamental decency of the Canadian people. Thought twice about coming back to the US because of how dog eat dog this country can be.

Can't go back to Canada (never became a Canadian citizen), so I guess I'll have to soldier on here.

TomInTib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Fri Sep-09-05 11:53 PM
Response to Reply #11
14. How do you know so many sociopathic Canadians? I spent

many years there, and I don't. Also, how many American bazillionaires would help Canadians? I haven't even heard of many helping out here yet.

The US is very much more an "every man for himself" kind of place than Canada is. I've spent 25 years there, and 19 here (most recently that last four), and there is a definite difference.

Canadia is far from perfect, but they are much less ruthless there. We need more "ruth" here.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=104x4718528

You spent many years there, and still can't ****ing spell it ???

TomInTib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Sep-15-05 12:49 AM
24. I'm in junior high, and I forgot to wear a shirt to class, and study

for the test.

Ms. TominTib.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=105x4006694

WTF ????]
TomInTib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Oct-12-05 10:42 AM
Original message
For Tomintib's birthday today, I'm giving him his 1000+ post...

Advertisements [?]
Won't you all wish him a Happy Birthday?

Thanks,
Ms. Tomintib

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=105x4139681

TomInTib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Mar-02-06 11:11 PM
Original message
"Catalyst George"...something he finally did right...

Advertisements [?]
Edited on Thu Mar-02-06 11:41 PM by TomInTib
He's finally starting to live up to his own hype to become "a uniter, not a divider". Our very own, highly incurious "Chimp in Chief" has begun to unite liberals, true conservatives - and most of the world in general - against him and his administration. This is a truly significant achievement, one far beyond anything he could have ever hoped to accomplish if he had truly set out to do this very thing - such is the level of his astonishing, tone-deaf ineptitude.

Traveling in India right now, although he has earned the censure of that county and - he admits - his own wife for his odd refusal to visit the Taj Mahal, he is currently enjoying the gratitude of a nation that has accepted millions of our jobs in return for our willingness to purchase their mangoes. Curious about the Taj Mahal omission, though...perhaps it could not be properly secured...that or the sight of dozens and dozens of black bullet-proof vehicles and security forces flown in at great expense to the U.S. taxpayers would have clashed somewhat with the blindingly beautiful beacon of that country. Not the ideal photo-op.

The ultimate coup de grace may be the UAE Dubai ports deal. This may turn out to be a reasonable proposition. Whatever area our national expertise lies in, it is not in port management. This is neither part of our history nor of our particular expertise. But the base - whipped up consistently since 9/11 around terrorist threats and a rainbow of Homeland Security color-code warnings tied to political events - does not like the idea of a bunch of Arabs being in charge of our ports. Even though the UAE has an indoor ski resort and sent a bunch of money for Katrina victims, they are one of only three governments who recognize the Taliban. The base is having just a little trouble understanding this. They have been conditioned to think that Arabs, gay marriage and abortion are our enemy.

So, our president is in India hiding from a smaller, sadder Mardi Gras and the Katrina debacle whose flames the indignant "Brownie" is fanning along with the release of a tape showing that Bush and Cherthoff were fully aware of the situation. He paid the usual, inarticulate lip-service to the impending disaster from the Crawford ranch - where he spent days and days and days on end avoiding Cindy Sheehan - and then went to a fund-raiser in California where he strummed a gift guitar while the levees breached, ate some cake with McCain and then claimed an unanticipated breech of the levees.

A bit like Condi claiming that they couldn't anticipate anyone flying planes into buildings, after the PDB "Osama determined to strike in US", because they didn't have specific dates and times. Now they are arguing semantics over levees being "topped" vs. "breached".

Questionable vote-counting, torture, Medicare prescription bill, Wiretapping, Plame-gate...they're all on the back-burner now - at least until Karl testifies...

George, you stole the elections, so you never had the left. You've lost the true conservatives and the fringe is having serious doubts. Enjoy your trip to India. Maybe you can bring a jar of mango chutney back home to Texas for Tom Delay. Where is he these days, anyway? Jack, can you give us a clue?

Thank you for finally uniting the left, right and the whole world against something that we can finally agree on...you. How much did this actually cost us anyway? We are forever in your debt. Our children and our grand-children too...

TomInTib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Mar-02-06 11:33 PM
Response to Reply #1
2. Why, thank you...

This is Ms. Tomintib, so the voice of this post was pitched differently.

Looks like this pipsqueak popinjay has finally managed to pull something off - and it appears to be his pants, per Tomintib.

TomInTib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Fri Mar-03-06 12:24 AM
Response to Reply #3
4. Hey,COC....

my sweetheart wrote that. I am far too Neanderthal for that sort of rumination.

Think we should re-post in the A.M., considering the time deal?

Oh, yeah, "orange cat"

We have neighbors who have thirteen marmalade tabbies all adopted from the street and all named after various cheeses. Our favorites are Fontina, Romano and Cream Cheese. Cheeto gets a little hissy, but he is the elder statesman. Provolone has a kinked tail, and the rest, including Tilsit, Tillamook and Gouda are pretty cool. Even though this is Marin County, CA - none are named Brie, to the best of my knowledge. Thank goodness for that!

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x2490312

TomInTib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Sep-01-05 09:52 PM
Original message
If Gore or Kerry were President right now...

Advertisements [?]
what would we do without all of the drama and the outrage of the astonishing Bushco incompetence and theivery of the past five years?

I think that we'd still be terribly concerned over this latest crisis in a much more constructive and useful way, but would we miss our adrenaline-fuelled outrage?

Could * be turning us into drama junkies like the RW'ers when they had their panties in a bunch over Clinton's blow-job?

Would we miss the smirk, the chin-wiggle, and the inablility to speak intelligently, much less extemporaneously?

Would democraticunderground even need to exist?

As much as I love conversing with y'all, I really wish we didn't have so much grist for our mill.

All the lives forever changed (and lost) since 2000 is really wearing me out.

Ms. Tomintib

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=104x4565943

TomInTib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Jul-19-06 11:46 PM
2. I was in Austin the night that Carla Faye went down...

Ms.Tomintib here...

I was to meet Tom on a tryst - he didn't show (although he is with me now) and I have a vivid memory of staying in The Driscoll Hotel and observing the demise of Carla Faye...it was kind of surreal...stranded in TX watching the death of one of the rare women to be executed, and feeling like a fish out of any water I have ever known. Land of executions.

All that I knew was that TX was the leading state in executions, under GWB. GWB of the "snowflake babies" and protecting "innocent" life. Get born, mess up, and we have every right to kill you. Just a gleam in Daddy's eye...you have every protection under the law, except support.

Kind of interesting that embryos have better health care and more protections under the law than actual walking and talking living human beings. Where is my petri dish when I need it?

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x2731617

TomInTib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon Sep-12-05 12:07 AM
8. Okay...I might get some of this wrong, and I ain't got no education

in either country, but I spent half of my life in each country...

A community college degree in Canada is roughly equivalent to a college degree in the US, except that many use college as a jumping off point to go to University, as some credits can be transferred.

From thereonin, the bachelor, masters, PhD process is pretty much the same.

The US though, has many un-accredited colleges (does Canada have the same - I forget) whose degrees are not academically relevant, although they may teach skills requisite to certain types of employment.

One thing that I do know though, is that you are much more likely to hear "Where did you go to school?" here in the US than in Canada, and when someone asks you that, they mean a university, not a college.

I remember answering that question at a company dinner while seated next to our Stanford-educated Chairman, and I - as a Canadian VP - answered "East Lambton Secondary School". He was rather taken aback, but not as taken aback as he should have been if he had known that my HS graduating class had only 30 students. I just got lucky with hard work and opportunities.

Ms. Tomintib

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=104x4741316

TomInTib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Apr-05-06 11:56 PM
26. I am ready for dead...I just think that the process of death might

be a little uncomfortable...and am so not looking forward to the final breath.

Ms.TomIntib here...

I lost a husband and two wonderful lovers in just under two years to death. It was an incredible soul-stretching experience, for which I am forever grateful. It was a remarkable learning experience, that I bore on this side of life. The earth-world is a hard school, and I look forward to graduation day, although I hope it is relatively painless...the life-force that drives us is so strong, that it is hard to let go.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=214x59866

TomInTib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Jun-29-06 01:44 AM
18. I live just down the road from San Quentin...

home of Charles Manson and Scott Peterson, among others...

And yet I remember that old saw "Thou shalt not kill"....so if somebody kills somebody else, it's okay to kill them? This is a logic that I cannot understand.

This is Ms.Tomintib (not Tom himself, who believes in "off with their heads" and is all for capital punishment being delivered in the way it was committed...an eye for an eye...), but I just cannot even begin to understand saying killing is wrong, so we will kill you..

BTW...San Quentin sits on prime real estate and the locals are really interested in moving the killers down the road apiece so that they can develop that space. If you are on death row, you might as well be in Levinworth or some other sorry place without a Bay view...

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=364x1530554

TomInTib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Sat May-13-06 02:29 AM
Response to Reply #5
26. All human life is sacred from the time of thei first kiss...

except for rape and incest. This is totally bogus reasoning. Either life is sacred or it is not. Motivation and situation - rape and incest - as mitigating factors mean that life is not truly sacred from conception. And the ones who hold that it does - they don't seem too willing to take on the offspring of their personal philosophy once they are born.

Plan B needs to be over the counter, sex-ed that happened in my day needs to happen today, and everyone needs the resources to prevent unplanned pregnancy. And - if like me - you find yourself pregnant at any age (in my case 42 years) then you need another measure.

Ms. Tomintib

TomInTib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Sat May-13-06 02:17 AM
23. I think that you should talk to Planned Parenthood...

They embrace women in all stages of the reproductive cycle and hold them accountable every step of the way. There is no better model. This is Ms. TomInTib talking, and I have been through all of it at the ripe old age of 42 years, and so feel a certain perspective. They are ultimately supportive of women and hold their hands through every step of the reproductive process without judgement. This is as real and true as you will ever get. Just talk to them. No politics, no agenda, just real women supporting real women in their lives. If I ever have a pile of money, I am sending a large portion of it their way....

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=364x1176272

TomInTib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Sep-14-05 01:39 AM
154. Balance of trade...in 2000 this US expat moved from Candadia

back to the US (for love) and was commuting between Vancouver, BC and Miami (!) while the Supreme Court was deciding who was the president.

As we all know, they chose wrong, but I moved here anyway. Then I moved to California, and Aaah-nold took this state. I am trying hard not to feel personally respondible for this.

The very first election that I voted in in my life was in 2004 - and I not only voted for Kerry, but I was an electoral officer.

Don't quite know how justinsb got to Canada so easily (I would have to re-emmigrate after having lived there for 25 years.) I was hesitant to move back here after having left at the age of 14 - knowing that it was irrecovocable - but I am staying and fighting!

Ms. Tomintib.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=105x4000659

Generated from http://www.google.com.au/search?q=tomintib+%2B%22Ms.tomintib%22+site:democraticunderground.com&hl=en&safe=off&start=0&sa=N&filter=0

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2008, 11:38:06 PM »
"I gave a girl a ride in my wagon
She crawled in and took control
She was tired 'cause her mind was a-draggin'
I said, get some sleep and dream of rock and roll"

Another brush with the law...another look how cool, how hip, how with it I am: http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3077913

TomInTib  (1000+ posts)        Sat Mar-29-08 01:42 PM
Response to Reply #4
5. Priorities...
   and easy busts.

We had this crazy Sheriff who lived on a road along Sargent's Beach, a popular surfing area - although quite remote back then.

And we used to drive him crazy.

He once ripped open the side door of my van in the middle of the night and bellowed, "Look here, TomInTib! You can smoke your pot, take your acid, and screw all the hippie chicks you want. Just DO NOT speed up and down my road!".

I was doing all three of the above at that very moment.

Wonder if this was before or after he was a SEAL in Nam.

Cindie

Mick Foley

Hedy Lamarr

Morticia Addams

Offline JakeStyle

« Reply #70 on: May 17, 2008, 12:35:21 AM »
Good grief, I had never seen the MsTominTib posts before.  I wonder if he put on makeup to get into character before he spewed that load of bs.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #71 on: May 17, 2008, 01:42:14 AM »
Alone again, naturally. Once again it's ALL ABOUT HIM.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3289881

TomInTib  (1000+ posts)        Thu May-15-08 02:25 PM
Response to Reply #7
10. We all see things differently, I suppose.
   When I left The Last Great Love of My Life, I had no idea where the road was going to lead.

So I gave her my Golden Retriever (and the cars, and the house). I wanted to make sure that he, at least, had a safe place to sleep and comfortable, safe, familiar surroundings.

This article is about someone who was basically homeless and, subsequently jobless because of the dogs. And now she can barely afford to eat.

I would eat the dogs.

Don't get me too far wrong, here, because some of the best friends I've had in my life have been of the four-legged variety.

But I do not think it is fair to drag an innocent animal down with you if you can help it.

Actually the article stated that she moved back to Montana because she owned a home there...I don't know too many homeless people who own houses...but the important thing here is that TiT left the last great love of his life...he dumped her because no one leaves tom!

TomInTib  (1000+ posts)        Thu May-15-08 02:46 PM
Response to Reply #15
18. "In the end your spouse and your pets are about it."
   Not here, truedelphi.

It's down to me.

For the first time in my life, I am completely alone.

Life gets curious, sometimes.

TomInTib  (1000+ posts)        Thu May-15-08 06:49 PM
Response to Reply #25
28. Don't feel sorry for me
   I have had more than my share of Life.

No one I know has had as much fun, adventure, passion or music.

Life is just showing me that there is an element of balance to it all.

Alone isn't all that bad.

It's not as if I am lonely.

Hell, I still have my looks and a better-than-average voice.

Toss Ol' Cranky out the window, truedelphi.

Tom

Of course all your songs are plagiarized but those are just details and I'm sure there are plenty of hippie chicks who'd think you were cute. One thing I've always been curious about though...why are hippie chicks always at least 20 lbs. overweight?

truedelphi  (1000+ posts)         Fri May-16-08 01:03 PM
Response to Reply #28
31. Ol Cranky - she be gone today.
   As far as people in crisis, there's no pity from me, Tom, just respect.

On the emotional highways of life, things can be rough. We are taught that success is to be respected, and that failure of any type is a sign of weakness.

But anyone with a cents worth of common 'cents' knows that life's lessons come at a steep price, and that others must respect anyone walking through the Shadowy Valley of Life Lessons - whether the walker has a good voice or not!

TomInTib  (1000+ posts)        Fri May-16-08 04:04 PM
Response to Reply #31
32. Glad she's gone.
   Goodness, I didn't mean to sound maudlin. I am having the time of my life. It's just that - for the first time in my adult life - I am on my on.

But I am rockin', having a ball. Back in the studio and recording, too. The Crazy Woman who I spent the past seven years with would never let me concentrate on my music.

Maybe she heard your voice or maybe knew most of "your" music belonged to someone else and didn't want the legal hassles.

truedelphi  (1000+ posts)         Fri May-16-08 04:31 PM
Response to Reply #32
36. You say: But I am rockin', having a ball.
   Great news and glad to hear it. What musical influences are you under? (if any)

But please don't pipe up abt the benefits of the single life too much - I don't want Mr Delphi to get too many ideas. (He's had to deal with his Crazy Woman for (going on) fourteen yrs.)

I hope he's a stronger man for it.

TomInTib  (1000+ posts)        Fri May-16-08 04:49 PM
Response to Reply #36
39. ....
   Heck, I was (still am, legally) married for 33 years.

I write my own stuff, mostly.

Texas Music, but not country. My influences are all over the map. My style, however, is my own.

From rockin' blues to lyrical acoustic.

From Hank Williams to Lightnin' Hopkins to Townes Van Zandt and Johnny Winter.

Just a muckin' fess of stuff.

We'll just let that speak for itself.

Cindie
Mick Foley

Hedy Lamarr

Morticia Addams

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #72 on: May 17, 2008, 03:10:53 AM »
So, how exactly DOES military veterans healthcare work? Because here TiT talks about when he didn't have health insurance:

TomInTib  (1000+ posts)        Sun May-04-08 05:29 PM
1. When I was uninsured, I never gave it a second's thought.
   But, then, my motto has always been, "Sure, why not?".

TomInTib  (1000+ posts)        Sun May-04-08 05:42 PM
Response to Reply #2
8. Nah. Just too dumb to think about it.
   Added to the fact that I always figured that if I spent too much time worrying about anything, I would probably never see the trash truck that would hit me while I was distracted.

But I thought if you served your time you had benefits for life. My in-laws who served during WWII have VA benefits as does my uncle. I suppose TiT  could be talking about before he enlisted/was drafted, whatever it is we're supposed to believe, but think about it, does anyone fresh out of high school think about healthcare? Especially during the Vietnam War. Even the hippies didn't care. I'm confused.

Cindie
Mick Foley

Hedy Lamarr

Morticia Addams

Offline stickyboot

« Reply #73 on: May 17, 2008, 12:01:53 PM »
Cindy, if I may comment...great job. You've found stuff I didn't know existed, especially the Ms. TominTib garbage. My comment on that is, perhaps this is the basis of the "my girlfriend stole my password and was posting stuff as me" claim. Not that it would have been difficult to change the stupid password. But I want point out that there is also a DU member called ellaydubya (Lee Ann Wright) who is allegedly the ex but still legal wife of TiT and mother of sons (Alan and Will?). If you dredge up her stuff-and I always suspected she was just a sock puppet-it sounds suspiciously like the style of Ms. TominTib. "Ellay" seems to exist chiefly for the purpose of telling Tom how special he is from time to time, although she does seem to provide another outlet for (his?) searing intellectual observations.

Even so, I think you are just beginning to crack the surface, and slogging through it all is a challenge. It's difficult to read and take in how he's been all over the board with multiple and contradictory versions of everything. Could it be organized into categories? Like TiT-The childhood (oh, there's a treasure trove!). TiT-The Military. TiT-Drinking & Drugs. TiT-I Fought the Law and Of Course, I Won.  TiT-Women & Big Boys. TiT & Brushes With Fame & The Famous. Etc., etc.

Good job, Cindy-I look forward to the novel!

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #74 on: May 17, 2008, 12:57:19 PM »
Cindy, if I may comment...great job. You've found stuff I didn't know existed, especially the Ms. TominTib garbage. My comment on that is, perhaps this is the basis of the "my girlfriend stole my password and was posting stuff as me" claim. Not that it would have been difficult to change the stupid password. But I want point out that there is also a DU member called ellaydubya (Lee Ann Wright) who is allegedly the ex but still legal wife of TiT and mother of sons (Alan and Will?). If you dredge up her stuff-and I always suspected she was just a sock puppet-it sounds suspiciously like the style of Ms. TominTib. "Ellay" seems to exist chiefly for the purpose of telling Tom how special he is from time to time, although she does seem to provide another outlet for (his?) searing intellectual observations.

Even so, I think you are just beginning to crack the surface, and slogging through it all is a challenge. It's difficult to read and take in how he's been all over the board with multiple and contradictory versions of everything. Could it be organized into categories? Like TiT-The childhood (oh, there's a treasure trove!). TiT-The Military. TiT-Drinking & Drugs. TiT-I Fought the Law and Of Course, I Won.  TiT-Women & Big Boys. TiT & Brushes With Fame & The Famous. Etc., etc.

Good job, Cindy-I look forward to the novel!

Actually LC EFA found all the great Ms. TomInTib stuff. As for the categories...yes I've been thinking about that myself. I think the best way to do that is to continue to put all the stuff we find here on this thread...kind of like a brainstorming thread and I'll start another one that puts things in order. Now all we need is something to call the evolving and ever changing life of TiT.

Cindie
Mick Foley

Hedy Lamarr

Morticia Addams