Author Topic: Breastmilk  (Read 4747 times)

Offline CG6468

Breastmilk
« on: July 08, 2011, 10:19:39 AM »
Verrrrry interesting...........

The Medicinal Uses of Breastmilk
List compiled by Celin Childs
Photos © 2009 DrMomma.org

Breastmilk is not only the best way to feed your newborn or infant, this nourishing substance has the ability to heal and protect the body as well. I am not just talking about your infant's body; I am talking about yours, as well as your older children. In this article I am going to discuss some of the basic ways you can use breastmilk to cure common ailments.

Human milk contains a balance of nutrients that perfectly matches infant requirements for brain development, growth and a healthy immune system. Human milk also contains immunologic agents and other compounds that act against viruses, bacteria, and parasites.

Since an infant's immune system is not fully developed until age 2, human milk provides a distinct advantage over formula. Children who are breastfed enjoy lower rates of several chronic childhood diseases, including respiratory infections and ear infections as well as diarrhea.

Breastfed infants develop body compositions that are quite different from formula-fed infants, resulting in fewer overweight and obese children.

LINK to interesting read
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
Re: Breastmilk
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 10:47:53 AM »
Verrrrry interesting...........

LINK to interesting read

So what in this is new CG, Females of all mammals have the proper ability to feed the young by species.  Some can cross feed, humans can drink the milk of a Goat, a cow or Camel.

Animals can cross feed, rabbits can feed on a cats milk and any mammal can survive on cross feeding unless the mother decides to eat them all up.

I don't know if it was the memories of, ----- How the hell he spelled his name,-the shoe pounding leader of Russia about the famine in Russia and what he as as a young man saw.

He stated that to his shock he saw men that under great stress lactating to feed infants.

True or not, but not impossible. Has to be a reason gave both sexes nipples, life will find a way.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 07:00:37 AM »
You can put breastmilk on a cut/burn and it will heal superfast.  Some women that are super crunchy that I know give their hubby's breastmilk when they are sick and they swear they are perfect the next day

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 10:39:51 PM »
I don't care for the taste of it.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 02:30:08 AM »
Its sweet

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2011, 09:11:35 AM »
Oh keerist...the bfing militia have been toting this for ages. Funny how for this miracle concoction being formed in their own bodies, nursing mother's still get sick themselves, even really terminally sick in some cases.  I guess nursing mothers are only in the position of being a producer and not a beneficiary of this awesome cure-all wonderdrug. :whatever:

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2011, 09:29:36 AM »
I don't know if it was the memories of, ----- How the hell he spelled his name,-the shoe pounding leader of Russia about the famine in Russia and what he as as a young man saw.

He stated that to his shock he saw men that under great stress lactating to feed infants.

True or not, but not impossible. Has to be a reason gave both sexes nipples, life will find a way.

Impossible, vesta, dear, madam.

I've read all of Nikita Khrushchev there is to read, and I don't recall such an anecdote.

It's so extraordinary that if he'd told that story, it would be widely-known.

About the closest thing I can think of, is a journalist in German-occupied Greece (1941-1944) commenting about wide-spread starvation there, and seeing an infant sucking on its own bloody cut finger as if it were a teat, and its blood was milk.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2011, 09:36:33 AM »
Boobmilk rocks, and I'll be having some again in about 8 months...
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, 07:28:15 AM »
Boobmilk rocks, and I'll be having some again in about 8 months...

is your wife 1 month pregnant?

Offline CG6468

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2011, 09:13:49 AM »
You can put breastmilk on a cut/burn and it will heal superfast.  Some women that are super crunchy that I know give their hubby's breastmilk when they are sick and they swear they are perfect the next day

"Super crunchy"???  :???:  Please define.

Offline RightCoast

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2011, 01:10:18 PM »
is your wife 1 month pregnant?

Yes.
nine eleven is a car

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2011, 03:11:55 PM »
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline RightCoast

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2011, 04:50:54 PM »

Congrats!!!!! :cheersmate:

thanks, that was an oops, but we're excited to add to the fam, we'll now have an 11, 7 and zero y/o.
nine eleven is a car

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2011, 07:29:59 PM »
That's awesome!!! I want to be knocked up again by 40

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2011, 10:53:09 AM »
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline CG6468

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2011, 09:29:16 AM »
Along these lines:

McHenry-based breast pump manufacturer aims to keep good will — and emergency advice — flowing

By Jodi S. Cohen, Tribune reporter

September 14, 2011

The emergency call came from Minnesota, but it could have come from anywhere in the country. A new mother, at work and away from her baby, was pumping milk to give him later. Five minutes in, the pump quit.

Her call was answered in McHenry, about 50 miles northwest of Chicago, in what looks like a typical company headquarters, except the walls are lined with photographs of women holding — or nursing — their babies.

Kristine Engman's call to Medela, which manufactures her Freestyle pump, was like a 911 call. Breast pumping is time-sensitive — both for hungry babies and for the mothers who at best will be extremely uncomfortable, at worst develop an infection, if they don't pump.

Medela, whose president once pumped milk on an airplane, grasps the immediacy of the problem. The company's 26 customer service representatives, including two men, are trained to do what it takes to solve a customer's problem quickly.

For Engman, 28, the company overnighted her, at no cost, a new pump — a device that costs $350 on Amazon. The call took less than 20 minutes.

An Honorable Company

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2011, 12:56:50 PM »
Medela is a great company.  I exclusively pumped and that is how I rolled.  Their pumps rock.  My insurance bought me each one because my babies all were NiCU babies.  I would sell the pump for $150 and when the next baby came along I would get another one.  They resell great.

Offline Inga

• Be Ready
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2011, 08:56:27 PM »
The agent in breastmilk is colostrum,which builds immune systems and heals wound. You can buy it in capsule form but it's not as much fun as getting it from real boobies.
There will always be "Battles" to fight.

Offline CG6468

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2011, 12:48:39 PM »
Gina pumps AND rolls! Can we watch?  :lmao: