Author Topic: Can anyone name a liberal, progressive or 'left' pundit who's called for violenc  (Read 689 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x164825#165998

Octafish  (1000+ posts)        Mon Jan-10-11 03:25 PM
Original message

Can anyone name a liberal, progressive or 'left' pundit who's called for violence?

"I tell people don't kill all the liberals. Leave enough so we can have two on every campus--living fossils--so we we'll never forget what these people stood for."

Can anyone find a liberal, progressive or "leftist" pundit who has called for violence against conservatives?

Can anyone find a liberal, progressive or "leftist" pundit who has called for violence against anyone?

Sorry to break it to Rush and his dittoheads, I can't find a single one.

The reason: The lefties I know actually care for ALL people -- even people with whom they disagree.

Lots of agreeing .... then the thread killer;

OneGrassRoot  (1000+ posts)      Mon Jan-10-11 04:52 PM
Response to Original message

40. Here's a list posted on my FB wall...

by a most loyal facebagger. As I told him, because most of these examples are not from well-known NATIONAL figures, including politicians,I don't believe any compare to Palin and her target graphic and her "don't retreat, reload" rhetoric.

There's no comparison, imho. Still, there are some nasty statements here. I don't care who says such things, I condemn these statements. I'm not including Bill Maher or Wanda Sykes quotes that he included, because comedians just don't count when it comes to this comparison, unless Palin is going to be labeled a comedienne now, which sounds about right to me.

Of course, he started with Obama's June 2008 comment: "If they bring a knife , we'll bring a gun."

"A spoiled child (Bush) is telling us our Social Security isn't safe anymore, so he is going to fix it for us. Well, here's your answer, you ungrateful whelp: Just try it, you little b*stard. ." -- A "humor bit" from the Randi Rhodes Show

‎"I want to go up to the closest white person and say: 'You can't understand this, it's a black thing' and then slap him, just for my mental health" -- New York city councilman Charles Barron

‎"..And then there's Rumsfeld who said of Iraq 'We have our good days and our bad days.' We should put this S.O.B. up against a wall and say 'This is one of our bad days' and pull the trigger." -- From a fundraising ad put out by the St. Petersburg Democratic Club

‎"...In an ideal world, American consumers could be convinced to do the right thing through an appeal to logic with public service messages like the 'What Would Jesus Drive?' TV campaign, but the kind of people who would buy a car that incr...eases the risk to other motorists in an accident can't be reasoned with. They're selfish and stupid. It's unfortunate that drivers must worry that their SUVs are being targeted by insulting stickers and Molotov cocktails, but one thing's for sure: It couldn't be happening to a more deserving group of people." -- Ted Rall winks at ecoterrorism

F*** God D*mned Joe the God D*mned Motherf*cking plumber! I want Motherf*cking Joe the plumber dead." -- Liberal talk show host Charles Karel Bouley on the air.

‎"Republicans don't believe in the imagination, partly because so few of them have one, but mostly because it gets in the way of their chosen work, which is to destroy the human race and the planet. Human beings, who have imaginations, can ...see a recipe for disaster in the making; Republicans, whose goal in life is to profit from disaster and who don't give a hoot about human beings, either can't or won't. Which is why I personally think they should be exterminated before they cause any more harm." -- The Village Voice's Michael Feingold, in a theater review of all places

"You guys see Live and Let Die, the great Bond film with Yaphet Kotto as the bad guy, Mr. Big? In the end they jam a big CO2 pellet in his face and he blew up. I have to tell you, Rush Limbaugh is looking more and more like Mr. Big, and at some point somebody’s going to jam a CO2 pellet into his head and he’s going to explode like a giant blimp. That day may come. Not yet. But we’ll be there to watch. I think he’s Mr. Big, I think Yaphet Kotto. Are you watching, Rush?" -- Chris Matthews

Drudge? Aw, Drudge, somebody ought to wrap a strong Republican entrail around his neck and hoist him up about six feet in the air and watch him bounce." -- Liberal radio host, Mike Malloy

"I know how the 'tea party' people feel, the anger, venom and bile that many of them showed during the recent House vote on health-care reform. I know because I want to spit on them, take one of their 'Obama Plan White Slavery' signs and knock every racist and homophobic tooth out of their Cro-Magnon heads." -- The Washington Post's Courtland Milloy

"For those of you who do, as a matter of principle, oppose war in any form, the idea of supporting a conscientious objector who's already been inducted in his combat service in Iraq might have a certain appeal. But let me ask you thi...s: Would you render the same support to someone who hadn't conscientiously objected, but rather instead rolled a grenade under their line officer in order to neutralize the combat capacity of their unit?" -- University Professor Ward Churhill on supporting soldiers who frag their officers."

A great MAN once said, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

I think he hated hypocrisy. Wonder what the libs would have said if some loon actually threw a stone? Guess he'd have gotten blamed....

:lmao:

Whose mole?

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline The Hollywood NeoCon

• Visionary, Sage, Drunkard, Screenwriter
  • "For God & Country: Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo"
Holy shit!!!!

And he's got over 1000 posts?!?!?!!?

****in EPIC, man!!!!

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
“If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun,”  --Sen Barack Obama 6/14/2008
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
And the mods are at work...

OneGrassRoot  (1000+ posts)        Mon Jan-10-11 04:52 PM
Response to Original message
40. Here's a list posted on my FB wall...
   Edited on Mon Jan-10-11 05:29 PM by OneGrassRoot
by a most loyal facebagger. As I told him, because most of these examples are not from well-known NATIONAL figures, including politicians,I don't believe any compare to Palin and her target graphic and her "don't retreat, reload" rhetoric.

There's no comparison, imho. Still, there are some nasty statements here. I don't care who says such things, I condemn these statements. I'm not including Bill Maher or Wanda Sykes quotes that he included, because comedians just don't count when it comes to this comparison, unless Palin is going to be labeled a comedienne now, which sounds about right to me.

Of course, he started with Obama's June 2008 comment: "If they bring a knife , we'll bring a gun."

"A spoiled child (Bush) is telling us our Social Security isn't safe anymore, so he is going to fix it for us. Well, here's your answer, you ungrateful whelp:

OneGrassRoot  (1000+ posts)        Mon Jan-10-11 05:30 PM
Response to Reply #40
49. Wow, that's weird....

I posted a whole list of quotes (granted, not by those well-known like Palin) and they're not appearing.

I see it in the edit mode, but it doesn't appear when I update.

We have it here for you,your own doesn`t dare let it be seen though.

Offline The Hollywood NeoCon

• Visionary, Sage, Drunkard, Screenwriter
  • "For God & Country: Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo"

Well, well, well...

That didn't take long at all, did it?  :rotf:

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
Obama--

"And if Latinos sit out the election instead of saying, we're gonna punish our enemies and we're gonna reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us, if they don't see that kind of upsurge in voting in this election, then I think it's gonna be harder - and that's why I think it's so important that people focus on voting on November 2,"

"I don't sit around talking to experts because this is a college seminar,We talk to these folks because they potentially have the best answers, so I know whose ass to kick."

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
OneGrassRoot  (1000+ posts)        Mon Jan-10-11 05:30 PM
Response to Reply #40
49. Wow, that's weird....

I posted a whole list of quotes (granted, not by those well-known like Palin) and they're not appearing.

I see it in the edit mode, but it doesn't appear when I update.

That's because the Ministry of Propaganda is hard at work.

I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!

I just went over there to look and I can still see the post ... wonder what's up with that?

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
I just went over there to look and I can still see the post ... wonder what's up with that?

KC

The complete one that was posted at the beginning or the one with all the items missing?

Offline true_blood

That's because the Ministry of Propaganda is hard at work.

HA HA! That is awesome. H5!

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
The complete one that was posted at the beginning or the one with all the items missing?

What I see looks just like I cut and pasted here.  Am I the only one that can see it?

KC

*Stolen

Offline true_blood

^^I see it as well Looks like a copy and paste.