Author Topic: Four Hundred Mile Round Trip For A Job Interview  (Read 1884 times)

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
Re: Four Hundred Mile Round Trip For A Job Interview
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2010, 05:24:21 AM »
Actually it is about a 3 1/2 hour drive and that's with traveling speed limits and no traffic...Fat chance the closer you get to south Florida and Lauderdale is getting way down there(My dad lives due west of Pompano/Lauderdale). I've lived in Orlando...made the drive several times.
To add to it, 3 1/2 hours is optimal time...most likely they are going to bump traffic, especially once they hit Palm Beach or until they get out past Palm Beach. It can be a nightmare with such a closed in space and very few ways in and out.  The traffic sucks down that way...unless they've built more roads in the 2 years since I"ve last visited :wink:

But, the whole point is I expect this is just for a ONE TIME interview and they would move should the girlfriend gets the job so I don't see what the big deal is. I'd actually question the move if I were them because South Florida seems a bit more unstable then central when it comes to jobs right now. I'd be looking further North of Orlando, not south, but who knows her qualifications and if she has some specialty that would bring more stability. I can't help but wonder now that they are contemplating moving anyway if they wish they had just moved to Dallas to begin with and stayed with the girlfriend's job. Somehow I get the feeling it was the DUmmy boyfriend who whined about moving to the rethug hub of Texas.  :whatever:

Maybe she's got a chance to move from The Dollhouse on OBT to the one in Ft Lauderdale. :-)

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2010, 08:48:47 AM »
Must be something about the area, Boud. When my parents moved with me from Germany to the states waaaay back when, they too had their thigns looted by German movers. WTH? :bird:

Well, to be fair, the Germans aren't the only looters among movers.  Some friends of ours, while stationed with us in Augsburg, had left most of their furniture in storage in the Ft. Bragg area.  The warehouse workers apparently SOLD alot of families' appliances and furniture at flea markets.  I remember how  :argh:our friends were, but confess to forgetting many details.  It's been over 15 years and I'm gettin' old. :p
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2010, 10:39:40 AM »
So... why not move to Dallas when the job went there too?

My guess is, since the company got bought by another, that the job became redundant.  And I am quite happy about them not coming here, because we have enough infiltrating from everywhere else.  (Democrats, that is.)
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2010, 12:14:50 PM »
I've done 400 miles round trip as a commute before. A man does what a man needs to do. But being a DUmp denizen you wouldn't know about that would you DUmmie?

My rule of thumb was 1½ hrs one way! Anything more than that and I rented a room. Anything more was like working two jobs and only gettin' paid for one! I hate drivin', can ya tell?
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Karin

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2010, 12:34:59 PM »
Outsourced to Dallas.....that was pretty funny right there, I LOL'd.   We've seen this loser before, just recently.  A complete freeloader; his fiancee carries all the weight.  He used to publish something, then the market for the subject matter tanked, so he gave up.  Sponges off of girlfriend.  As a result, they are perpetually destitute.  Who would say "yes" to a proposal from a creep like that? 

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2010, 01:11:25 PM »
Who would say "yes" to a proposal from a creep like that? 
Every loser DUmp chick who posted to that "all alone at Christmas" thread the other day.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2010, 03:12:23 PM »
Every loser DUmp chick who posted to that "all alone at Christmas" thread the other day.

Got a link? I was too busy beatin' grandkids!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2010, 03:20:51 PM »
Got a link? I was too busy beatin' grandkids!

http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,53112.0.html

I missed that thread over the weekend too, so I remembered where to find it now.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Karin

« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2010, 03:56:17 PM »
My fave....

FarLeftRage

Like you, no one calls. I get no invites out and I have no more single friends... It does indeed hurt.

I'm sorry, but someone who consciously chooses such a screenname is not likely to be the life of any party.