Author Topic: So... I took a li'l pay for answering phones at a non-profit a few months back..  (Read 689 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=250x3969

I didn't know DU had this forum.  This is absolutely terrible reading.  I have to get away from this page ... it's making my blood pressure go up.

Inchworm  (1000+ posts)       

Wed Jan-13-10 05:15 PM

Original message

So... I took a li'l pay for answering phones at a non-profit a few months back...
 Yesterday my "check writer" recieved a letter mandating her to withhold 15% of my mere 5-10 hour a week job's earnings and apply to student loan.

I couldn't continue my education because they wouldn't release my transcripts from 2yr degree, now this. Yes, I let them default during my divorce.. but geesh.

Getting very sick of this dang survival game.

This is in a disability forum so I'm making and assumption that this poster is drawing disability.  Now on top of that it is also working and has defaulted on a student loan.  In essence WE are putting a roof over its head, food in its belly and quite possibly paying for transportation among other things.

Now for a little, just a little, hypocrisy;

gateley  (1000+ posts)     

Wed Jan-13-10 05:17 PM
Response to Original message

1. Scary -- how did they find you? nt

Inchworm  (1000+ posts)       

Wed Jan-13-10 05:21 PM

2. Assume brother let them know
 After I kicked him out of my house because I could no longer support him. That took me over a year to do because I kept thinking he'd realize I was feeding him and keeping a roof over his head.

No idea really. He has threatened that though.

This people piss me off so bad.

That forum is sick.  None of them can make it to work but NONE of them miss a damn doctors appointment.

I'm sorry for those who are truly disabled.  I really am because these people make ALL of you look bad.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
Doesn't the "So" at the beginning denote bouncy?

Jus' wonderin'

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Doesn't the "So" at the beginning denote bouncy?

Jus' wonderin'

I don't know that that applies at this forum.  Most of them admit to being bat shit crazy ...

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
I've been reading that one for a while now. They share info on how to lie, cheat and scam the system to get on disability social security.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
I don't know that that applies at this forum.  Most of them admit to being bat shit crazy ...lazy!

KC

fixored!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
I've been reading that one for a while now. They share info on how to lie, cheat and scam the system to get on disability social security.

The "disabled" DUmmy check in thread has been running for almost 6 years.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Inchworm         

... my divorce...

Bunnies can't help but wonder if these two data points are somehow connected.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
Another DUmmie victim of its own kindness...does it ever end for these poor little waifs?

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
So, he is subject to wage garnishment as a result of not paying back a school loan.  He earned some money, but failed to report it.  That money is now having 15% taken off of the top to pay the loan.  Why is this wrong? 

Offline Boudicca

Bunnies can't help but wonder if these two data points are somehow connected.
Shit!  Between the plumb crazy WI official who thinks AZ is "far back from the border of Mexico" and now your comment, my ribs are aching.
Bad, evil bunny. :hammer: :tongue:
I know your kind-I used to have rescue bunnies as pets before we adopted cats and dogs.  During the transition phase, while the last two bunnies were alive, they had the cats and dogs totally intimidated. :-)
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
Inchworm  (1000+ posts)       

Wed Jan-13-10 05:21 PM

2. Assume brother let them know
 After I kicked him out of my house because I could no longer support him. That took me over a year to do because I kept thinking he'd realize I was feeding him and keeping a roof over his head.
No idea really. He has threatened that though.

The irony of the situation goes completely over his head.