Author Topic: Suddenly, bank account was gone  (Read 1540 times)

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Re: Suddenly, bank account was gone
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2010, 11:24:11 AM »
Given that they're paid monthly, I'll stipulate this might have been one paycheck and they had other bills to pay but why not negotiate for a lower payment if it was too high?

Cindie

Okay, but even if it's $10K with a 12 percent interest rate (VERY unusual--more likely 8 percent) on a 5-year term, you're looking at just over $220 a month.  Most of the student loans I looked at from Wells Fargo were 15-year repayments (or longer.)  If you go by their terms (15 years, 8 percent), it's about $100 a month.

Are these people SERIOUSLY trying to tell me they couldn't afford a $200/month payment with 4K sitting in the bank?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2010, 12:30:42 PM »
By the way, I don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet or not, but Wells Fargo is a lefty business.  If I recall correctly, they ranked pretty high on the now defunct buyblue.org website.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2010, 04:04:12 PM »
How many checks did she write to amass 385 in overdraft fees?
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Tucker

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2010, 04:04:58 PM »
Off Topic:  Paulsby had pizza for dinner.  DUmp Link

Was expected. He was pushing it.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2010, 08:11:14 AM »
How many checks did she write to amass 385 in overdraft fees?

Most banks are now charging $35 per, so 11 overdraft fees.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Tucker

« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2010, 09:24:04 AM »

Unreal. I want to ask how you can overdraw 11 checks in one cycle but I know the answer.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2010, 09:51:33 AM »
Unreal. I want to ask how you can overdraw 11 checks in one cycle but I know the answer.

Simple--write a bunch of checks or have a lot of EBT's (gas, groceries, etc.,) and the bank comes and takes your money away.  EBT's post, and viola!!!

Yeah, they're getting real shitty about that lately.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2010, 10:20:20 AM »
Simple--write a bunch of checks or have a lot of EBT's (gas, groceries, etc.,) and the bank comes and takes your money away.  EBT's post, and viola!!!

Yeah, they're getting real shitty about that lately.

Real shitty.   Happened to me once, a few years ago... my own damn fault, but it surely did sting.  I deposited a check, and then went on my merry business, debit carding here and there, once for only $2.00.  Cost me a pretty penny, when I realized the check had not been posted, but those EBT's were.  Dang.  That was a very very very expensive 7-11 coffee.  $38.00.   :loser:

Lesson learned. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2010, 10:23:24 AM »

That stinks too. My Brother In Law tried to use a bank card and it didn't go through so the clerk tried a few more times. $35 per swipe. Imagine that.