Author Topic: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!  (Read 1756 times)

Offline thundley4

Re: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2010, 10:04:38 PM »
Ms. Toad (1000+ posts)           Mon Mar-29-10 10:55 AM
Response to Reply #5
7. If I had to buy an individual plan,

the only plan available to me would cost around $50,000 for individual coverage. Same for my spouse (who would have to purchase an individual plan because our marriage is not recognized). Our daughter's would "only" be $14,400 because she is only 19 (and if we were buying insurance for her on the open market it would need to be individual coverage because she had to drop out of school for health reasons). (Those premiums are from the last advertised open enrollment in the NE Ohio area - major insurance companies in Ohio area are obligated to take a certain number of individuals regardless of health status (aside from those currently hospitalized or in long term care) once a year - a limited number of slots, first in with the premium gets the coverage.) That would be $114,000 a year to cover our family.

Didn't look to see what the benefits are, because if we needed coverage it would be the only option. Fortunately, we have coverage through work which recognizes our family, and my daughter is (barely) holding her own - so it isn't quite that bad, but it is close to a Cadillac plan under the cost of premium basis. We still have copays, deductibles, and co-insurance.

[/quote]Stinky The Clown   (1000+ posts)             Mon Mar-29-10 01:22 PM
Response to Reply #5
9. Yes and no

It is hideously expensive.

It covers everything. Doc visits are ten bux. Meds are five or ten bux a refill (up to 90 days' supply). My heart attack costs me a few hundred out of pocket.

So far we have not been PreExCon dropped.[/quote]

Sounds like they are complaining about preexisting conditions. 4 more years and they won't have to worry. If they live that long.

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2010, 10:35:28 PM »
What the ****? I just applied for a health insurance policy today through BC/BS of Texas. $3,500 per year deductible and I'd have to cover 25% of costs after deductible, plus drug plan that gets me 90 day supply of generic drugs for $30 at the low end. Grand total: $86 per month.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2010, 10:45:27 PM »
What the ****? I just applied for a health insurance policy today through BC/BS of Texas. $3,500 per year deductible and I'd have to cover 25% of costs after deductible, plus drug plan that gets me 90 day supply of generic drugs for $30 at the low end. Grand total: $86 per month.

Our family has BC/BS out of TX as well.  Our average yearly cost is now $4,400.  We just received the new paperwork this afternoon.  It's a 90/10 insurance plan with a $20 co-pay.  

The bill from the hospital, when our daughter was born, after insurance took care of the cost was $630.  That sentence doesn't make sense.  It's not proper.  Anyway...

Our daughter was also born with bi-lateral clubbed feet.  BC/BS has been absolutely AMAZING during all of her doctor appointments and minor surgery.  In the beginning, Carleigh (our daughter) had to see her podiatrist weekly.  

I just don't see how any health plan can cost $30,000 +... that's where I am confused.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2010, 06:35:50 AM »
dd, I think you may have missed the part where he is saying he is already paying $29,000/year and now it's going up $300 more/month.  All that gettin' what you wish for stuff!

KC

Gotcha, my bad....

$300/mo INCREASE (I need new glasses.  I wonder if Zerocare will pay for mine....  :whatever:)

Would help BIG TIME if DUmbasses could actually write, but I guess it's hard to read what's on the screen thru all the white out and crayon scribble....

Still, just what the hell is wrong with someone that has to pay $33K/year in premiums?  I haven't paid that much in my entire life for health care (coverage, maybe;  care, hell no!)

I can take what he pays for 2 years in premiums and cover myself for the rest of my life.... (I'm 51 now, I figure I have about 30-40 more years left....   :naughty:)
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Woodhick

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2010, 06:54:07 AM »
I just don't see how any health plan can cost $30,000 +... that's where I am confused.
Then just wait and see WTF the cost will be when the taxes that the so called HC bill will cost each of us in the near future.
When will the progressives understand that redistrubtion of wealth won't work.
 The ones who recieve from others wealth will not work because they feel everyone else will take care of them. The ones they stole the wealth from will say ****it I refuse to work just for it to be stolen and then given to freeloaders.
 Times are going to get much worse in the future.
GUN CONTROL is Hitting Your Mark The First Shot !!!

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2010, 07:58:57 AM »
Would help BIG TIME if DUmbasses could actually write, but I guess it's hard to read what's on the screen thru all the white out and crayon scribble....

I was thinking they need to stop licking the screen

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2010, 08:24:41 AM »
Then just wait and see WTF the cost will be when the taxes that the so called HC bill will cost each of us in the near future.
When will the progressives understand that redistrubtion of wealth won't work.
 The ones who recieve from others wealth will not work because they feel everyone else will take care of them. The ones they stole the wealth from will say ****it I refuse to work just for it to be stolen and then given to freeloaders.
 Times are going to get much worse in the future.

No, trust me.  I get where you are coming from with that.  I'm talking about paying $33K for health care without the government involved.  WHY would you even agree to pay that much?  Wouldn't you, at that point, just skip health insurance and pay for it out of your own pocket?  All of my medical bills for my entire pregnancy up until our daughter was born didn't even equal close to that amount of money.

That's what I am trying to say.

I kind of already know what to expect when Obamacare starts taxing me for the air I breath.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Woodhick

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2010, 08:33:40 AM »
No, trust me.  I get where you are coming from with that.  I'm talking about paying $33K for health care without the government involved.  WHY would you even agree to pay that much?  Wouldn't you, at that point, just skip health insurance and pay for it out of your own pocket?  All of my medical bills for my entire pregnancy up until our daughter was born didn't even equal close to that amount of money.

That's what I am trying to say.

I kind of already know what to expect when Obamacare starts taxing me for the air I breath.

You have to consider the source of who is saying this in the first place. I don't know of any liberals who don't lie. They will even lie when the truth sounds better. Even will lie no matter how ignorant it will make them look.
GUN CONTROL is Hitting Your Mark The First Shot !!!

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2010, 10:48:15 AM »
You have to consider the source of who is saying this in the first place. I don't know of any liberals who don't lie. They will even lie when the truth sounds better. Even will lie no matter how ignorant it will make them look.

Well, considering the sort of high-risk "profession" the Italianate sparkling husband primitive's in, I'm not surprised at the rates he has to pay.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline happy1ga

« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2010, 11:30:34 AM »
I've mentioned this several times here. Our policy was $32,000 a yr. We dropped it when things got rough last fall. Pre-existing, age, COBRA, this is why it is so expensive. $32,000 is nothing if you have a major event, so you pay it, or have no coverage. Plus, try getting a new plicy if you haven't been covered for a while, especially when you can't find anyone else willing to cover you any cheaper. Short hairs, they have you by them.
There is no virtue in compulsory government charity, and there is no virtue in advocating it. A politician who portrays himself as caring and sensitive because he wants to expand the government's charitable programs is merely saying that he is willing to do good with other people's money. Well, who isn't? And a voter who takes pride in supporting such programs is telling us that he will do good with his own money— if a gun is held to his head.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2010, 11:33:37 AM »
What if you don't make $32000 a year?