Author Topic: The DU way to defeat Fox  (Read 2521 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
The DU way to defeat Fox
« on: November 02, 2009, 12:43:41 PM »
Lindsey   (1000+ posts)           Mon Nov-02-09 02:54 PM
Original message
Question on saging....

I normally sage around my apt. and around my body (saying a little three line positive chant three times)everyday. I once heard that I then need to "seal" the saging with incense. Who can tell me about saging not only for protection and to invite positive energies, but any other reasons and rituals any of you use?

Thanks to anyone for your input. 
get the red out   (1000+ posts)             Mon Nov-02-09 03:06 PM
Response to Original message
1. I have only just begun saging

I have only in the past few months begun saging, the psychic and reiki practitioner who recommended it didn't say anything about the incense, though I use some of that independently. I have noticed a definite improvement in the energies around my home. I pay special attention to saging the radios and TV where my husband has his right wing hate shows come through. Seriously, there is a difference in him since I started doing this. He has become completely understanding that I will not listen to that or come into the living room when Fox is on the TV. These positive changes had been taking place already but they seem to have accelerated.

I notice some differences in myself as well, I am becoming less "shrill" (in my own mind). Whatever it is doing, or is happening, it is certainly positive.

I love incense too, it seems to have a positive effect as well. Who knows, maybe it is my positive intentions and prayers as I light the incense of sage? I don't know what is doing good, just that some good seems to have been done.
link

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
Re: The DU way to defeat Fox
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 12:45:30 PM »
What the hell is saging?

Sounds like something that happens to women who don't wear bras.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 12:48:20 PM »
get the red out   (1000+ posts)             Mon Nov-02-09 03:06 PM

I have only in the past few months begun saging, the psychic and reiki practitioner who recommended it didn't say anything about the incense, though I use some of that independently. I have noticed a definite improvement in the energies around my home. I pay special attention to saging the radios and TV where my husband has his right wing hate shows come through. Seriously, there is a difference in him since I started doing this. He has become completely understanding that I will not listen to that or come into the living room when Fox is on the TV. These positive changes had been taking place already but they seem to have accelerated.

I notice some differences in myself as well, I am becoming less "shrill" (in my own mind). Whatever it is doing, or is happening, it is certainly positive.

I love incense too, it seems to have a positive effect as well. Who knows, maybe it is my positive intentions and prayers as I light the incense of sage? I don't know what is doing good, just that some good seems to have been done.

How can you be married to someone who believes in the values that you despise?  It's one thing to believe differently than your spouse but how can you live with someone who has views that you have a deep seated hatred for?  That would be like me being married to Chavez Or Michael Moore.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 12:49:17 PM »
 :rotf:

DUmmies...you wonder why we laugh at you??? Bijou's find is one of many reasons.  :tongue:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 12:50:20 PM »
some new wave hippy crap, sage supposedly gives off very powerful positive vibes, or some such bs.  it's probably about as effective as cherokee hair tampons (just google those, dammit, don't ask me to explain)

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 12:51:03 PM »
What the hell is saging?

Sounds like something that happens to women who don't wear bras.

Burning sage and waving around the smoke I believe.  Seems stinky.  

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2009, 12:52:06 PM »
some new wave hippy crap, sage supposedly gives off very powerful positive vibes, or some such bs.  it's probably about as effective as cherokee hair tampons (just google those, dammit, don't ask me to explain)

Ah, ok. I thought sage was for seasoning food. But what do I know?

For Cherokee hair tampons, there's a Southpark episode that explains all you need to know.  :-)
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2009, 12:53:25 PM »
Yet they all mock God and Christians. :banghead:

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2009, 12:53:49 PM »
I love incense too.

It covers the smell of the cat boxes.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2009, 12:53:58 PM »
How can you be married to someone who believes in the values that you despise?  It's one thing to believe differently than your spouse but how can you live with someone who has views that you have a deep seated hatred for?  That would be like me being married to Chavez Or Michael Moore.

my wife is a democrat, although a sane one.  she got burned out working for verizon and is now somewhat anti-corporate.  none of that changes the fact that i love her.  eventually, she'll grow out of it, cuz she's a happy, friendly person with civility and decency

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2009, 12:57:22 PM »
my wife is a democrat, although a sane one.  she got burned out working for verizon and is now somewhat anti-corporate.  none of that changes the fact that i love her.  eventually, she'll grow out of it, cuz she's a happy, friendly person with civility and decency

I'm not saying that people of opposite views can't be married, it's when one spouse has DU type hatred for the other spouses views.  How can that be healthy?

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2009, 12:58:38 PM »
I'd try saging but I don't have the thyme . . . (sorry!)  :hammer:
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2009, 01:00:04 PM »

There is a great difference between the run-of-the-mill American Democrat voter and the Lunatic Little Goon Squad who post ON PURPOSE at DemocratUnderground.com.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2009, 01:02:01 PM »
If I walked around the house burning sage and chanting....the other half would be calling the guys in white jackets....

...just sayin'....
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2009, 01:03:36 PM »
:cheersmate:
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2009, 01:05:31 PM »

Maybe RoseMary does.....
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2009, 01:13:26 PM »
Foul!! out of bounds!! the lounge is for your silly puns, this is where we make discuss the delusions of DU

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2009, 01:23:03 PM »
Heh.  :-)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2009, 01:27:56 PM »
:rotf:

DUmmies...you wonder why we laugh at you??? Bijou's find is one of many reasons.  :tongue:

That's why it pays for Bijou to peruse the Astrology, Spirituality & Alternative Healing Group. :bow:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline thundley4

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2009, 01:30:17 PM »
Foul!! out of bounds!! the lounge is for your silly puns, this is where we make discuss the delusions of DU

Oh , cumin. He mint no harm. Wasabi(g) dill?

Cayenne you mustard anise pun here anywhere?

As long as we don't get caraway with the capers.

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2009, 01:32:35 PM »
I occasionaly pepper my conversations with some salty words.  :naughty:
I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2009, 01:41:00 PM »
Oh , cumin. He mint no harm. Wasabi(g) dill?

Cayenne you mustard anise pun here anywhere?

As long as we don't get caraway with the capers.

Yowza -- my lame attempt is totally blown away!  You are the Pun King!!  :bow:
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2009, 01:41:53 PM »
If I walked around the house burning sage and chanting....the other half would be calling the guys in white jackets....

...just sayin'....

I wonder how many have burned their house down?

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2009, 01:56:10 PM »

...just sayin'....

I'd boot "Toots" out to the barn! Thankfully, she's from "West By God Virginia"! She's as much a "redneck" as I am. Maybe more! Lol!

If my cat's crapped in the house, I wouldn't let them in!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2009, 02:01:42 PM »
get the red out   (1000+ posts)             Mon Nov-02-09 03:06 PM

I'm guessing it just means he has decided not to argue with the nutbar who owns the vagina, and who also likes to burn stuff.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.